• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Recommended Reading

NobleThorne

Does anyone have any reading reccomendations of novels or books that take place during colonial America, I'm writing a fictional paranormal story that takes place partially in colonial Pennsylvania, I read Ben Franklin's autobiography a few years back and that inspired the setting. I'd like to get a little more exposure to the language and mannerisms if that era.

Last edited:

Vandisar

[QUOTE="

The Beastmaster by Andre Norton, this is the first story I can recall reading that had intelligent animals that wasn't a "kiddie" story. It has remained one of my favorite novels and I may forgive Marc Singer for the horrid TV version that had way too little to do with the book...some day.

[/QUOTE]

Very glad to see Norton mentioned! She also did Cat's Eye which featured sentient animals and the Iron Cage as well. Amazing author.

WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly

RIDEing Free Tonight!
Another, relatively recent book I've read and liked that also contains sapient animals (cats in this case) is Jim Butcher's steampunk novel The Cinder Spires, Book 1: The Aeronaut's Windlass. The audiobook version is narrated quite well and doesn't let you go until the end (though make sure you get a full dump if you use one of those online audiobook sources; I had trouble with that and had to get the text to finish.)

DanielSmith

I prefer Novels,Story,Biography,Essay,Article.Reading may increasing the ability.Reading also increase the knowledge.Without Reading we can't achieve the achievement.Reading is very important.Like the way writing also very important.Students life in general is more complex.Essay writing needs much time,it is really impossible for you to plan.college paper writing service is helping the students to increase the writing skills.

MacroNikita

Representing the Biggest in the Fandom
This thread is stickied but no one has posted anything on it since 2016? I'm sorry if it's inappropriate to comment on something that seems dead, but...I feel saddened that no one has posted on this in three years. I was hoping I'd find it still going and be able to get some recent reads recommended to me. I don't think the fandom is much for reading...

WXYZ

No longer using this site
I don't think the fandom is much for reading...
That seems to be true in other places, though. Anyway, the only things I can recommend at the moment are Understanding/Reinventing/Making Comics by Scott McCloud. The second one is illuminating as to how comics are adopting to the new internet era.

Gushousekai195

Wants to ride in a Hydro Bronc
“Coast City Chronicles: Season 1-1” by Heroicswordsman23:
www.furaffinity.net: Coast City Chronicles: Season 1-1 by Heroicswordsman23

A story about a dragon named Etrian who makes his debut as the superhero Shock Dragon. Some exciting action within that had me on the edge of my seat at one point. I am already enamored with the storyverse the creator has been building, if not for the compelling characters he’s presented so far.