• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Recovering (or finding) post-nuked comments from my inbox - How?

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Let's say -for the sake of scenario- that i logged in, checked my messages and impulsively NUKED all the comments in my inbox without reading them first. How can i figure out what i missed?

Strangely enough the BACK in my browser sometimes works to backpedal immediately after the goof but what if i didn't think to do that? is there was way to see a list of my own comments i've left on other's submissions? Because i'm an unoriginal robot, most of my submissions have numerical names so i can tell the comments i missed in question aren't on my own images. However, i leave so many random comments on FA submissions that there's simply no way i can think of to retrace my steps and identify which submissions i commented on, let alone the comments i left.

Assuming the response i accidentally nuked wasn't the standard "Thank you", i'd like to read what i missed. if only there was a way to look up my own comment history like we can on the forums...

quoting_mungo

There isn't a way to find your own comments at present, tho IIRC it's on the suggestions list. Sorry.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
There isn't a way to find your own comments at present, tho IIRC it's on the suggestions list. Sorry.
Well shoot... Maybe add the ability toggle off the NUKE option while we're at it? it's pretty and pink and enticing to click! For some reason i'm drawn to it and i just start clicking indiscriminately. i have a problem.

quoting_mungo

Well shoot... Maybe add the ability toggle off the NUKE option while we're at it? it's pretty and pink and enticing to click! For some reason i'm drawn to it and i just start clicking indiscriminately. i have a problem.
Definitely looks doable with a userscript if nothing else.

You'd want to hide some or all of "button" class elements:
name="nuke-submission-comments"
name="nuke-journal-comments"
name="nuke-journals"

If you set them to have the CSS property "display:none", that'd remove them for you.

(There's probably ones for shouts, watches, and favorites, too, but I don't have any of those in my inbox ATM so I can't say for sure what their names would be - nuke-shouts/nuke-watches/nuke-favorites is a good guess but...)