• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Red icons appearing on screen while browsing and switching tabs

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Whenever i'm browsing art submissions with multiple tabs, i'll occasionally catch a glimpse of some red images/symbols appear around the border of the entire page, but only for about a second or 2 before they disappear so i haven't been able to capture a screenshot of it or even identify what the symbols are. FA is the only site i've ever seen this effect appear and it only happens in Chrome. i've tried a bunch of times to trigger it so i can grab a screenshot but whenever i have my finger ready on PrtSc it stops happening. it seems to happen most often whenever i open 3-10 tabs of submissions at once (usually from my submissions inbox). As i switch/close tabs i'll randomly catch a glimpse of red and it startles me every time because it's always so sudden, attention-grabbing and honestly kinda creepy. My first guess is that it's an obnoxious ad graphic but it's unreasonably invasive and doesn't appear to serve any purpose that i can tell. i've gotten a few intrusive Peacock ads that dominate the bottom 3rd of the screen but they don't seem to appear as frequently as the scary red symbols.

What the heck am i seeing?

Had it show up for me too, after the red animation finishes, a half screen invasive add pops up for a body building supplement pops up.

I swapped tabs to see if it was a chrome thing or just on that FA page, and it was just on FA.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Had it show up for me too, after the red animation finishes, a half screen invasive add pops up for a body building supplement pops up.

I swapped tabs to see if it was a chrome thing or just on that FA page, and it was just on FA.
i cleared my browser cookies and i haven't seen it pop up again...YET! -but the last time there were intrusive ads shown on FA it was tracker/cookie related. (i guess?)
At least this time the ads are either broken images (thus the red icons?) and intrusive ads for Peacock. Last time the site had this issue it was for actual cock. The current ads are certainly intrusive but they seemed "normal" so i didn't think it was anything malicious.
Just clear Chrome's browsing data and hopefully that'll fix the issue. i haven't seen anything weird lately but we'll see.