• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reddit is trash

Bigjackaal48

Been on Reddit few hours ago, Just so done with it. The 4 subs that were great time wasters are now just nothing but downvote happy morons that start fights with you.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Sponsored by 4chan team

D

Deleted member 82554

This website is trash to sometimes but you just have to make do with what you have.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Never could get into it even for just browsing. There's some sort of coat of repellent on it that I can't go anywhere near.

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
Been on Reddit few hours ago,Just so done with it. The 4 subs that were great time wasters are now just nothing but downvote happy morons that start fights with you.
Then just don't read it, I'd suggest.... if you're glad to leave then... well, good for you.... (can't say I read it myself, very often - but... it does have its moments, I hear).

Cholecalciferal

WolfNightV4X1 but in 2021
Everything is trash if you've been on it long enough. Yet here I am, still using shit sites like twitter, reddit, instagram, and then this one probably. They all have their downfalls, the only good website *boomer voice* is one you log off of and go outside and not interact with social media

Anyways, reddit is mostly good for browsing and minor sub forums, you get some of the reddit drama if you lurk but you don't have to participate

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
All social media is trash to an extent. You have to find good communities, and (most) of the subreddits I'm in are pretty nice.

Regret

Reddit is okay I guess. A lot of the more niche and humorous subs either go through a few various forms of death. They get taken down by the admins for whatever reasons, grow too big and get filled with trash, or a hostile/stifling mod takeover. I'll admit I still browse around as the amount of unhinged lunatics on that site is hilarious, but I miss some of the edge it used to have. What is trash though, is the reddit redesign which I find to be such an eyesore that I stubbornly stick with the old layout.

D

Deleted member 134556

I don't really use my account. I just browse whatever catches my interest for a few moments and then go on about my day.

D

Deleted member 134556

It's probably because the mobile app is laggy as fuck but over the past six months I've started doing the same, with the exception of /r/furry and /r/furry_irl. I'm fairly active on those two.
I agree, the app could use much improvement. I also have yet to check out the furry sections there. I may give that a visit at some point.

The_biscuits_532

Scary Ancient Wombat
I agree, the app could use much improvement. I also have yet to check out the furry sections there. I may give that a visit at some point.
They're pretty good. /r/furry isn't the best for discussion because it's kinda swamped with open comission posts and normies asking "WhY fUrRy?" every two seconds but hey I've met some cool people on there so it could be worse.

/r/furry_irl is just shitposting

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
It so fun trolling them into a meltdown & then see them fight the mods. lol
The Furries or the normies? 'cus both are fun to troll in their own respective ways.

oappo

Every site has its pros and cons as far as communities go. That said, its cons are really unbearable sometimes.

UI is decent enough.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Well yeah, frontpage Reddit is an absolute trashpile of circlejerking, IQ deficient, Funko POP! collecting morons. But once you unfollow all that garbage and start looking for actually decent subreddits then Reddit becomes pretty good actually!

Bigjackaal48

The Furries or the normies? 'cus both are fun to troll in their own respective ways.
Both to be honest.

Well yeah, frontpage Reddit is an absolute trashpile of circlejerking, IQ deficient, Funko POP! collecting morons. But once you unfollow all that garbage and start looking for actually decent subreddits then Reddit becomes pretty good actually!

Ah nothing like getting schooled by a 13 year old lashing out because he got told off by his mum.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Never could bring myself to go there, will admit I've only seen videos of the place. Never the good subreddits.

Honestly the one subreddit I've seen that I could even remotely consider visiting more than once is r/crappydesign.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to find GOOD subreddits.