• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Redesign?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

HazelCat

I'm obnoxious
image.png
should I redesign my fursona, Hazel?
She's a cat. And I'm not sure if I should make her coloring more realistic, change her hair, her patterns, anything.
She looks off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Are the shapes too random? How do I know what shapes to associate with myself?!

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
Do whatever makes you happy, it's your sona :)

Hmmmm that's not very helpful though, is it? I will say I've never seen a sona similar to her and that's a really good thing, standing out can be tricky! I like the shape of the arms with the fore-arm being slightly digitigrade, not something you see often and actually something I've incorporated into my own design as well. The long body / low crotch is fine, plenty of suiters ans sonas use this to very good effect. The tail is unique, it's be an interesting one to try and make if you ever decide to get a suit togeather lol. Having one paw a different color is fun although omg it can be annoying to draw because you have to remember which one it is. Don't ask me how I know :confused:

The face and hair could could use some more definition. Not necessarily changes, but more detail... Having the body coat the same exact shade as the hair means there's no distinct boundary between one and the other which can make the head seem a little off at a glace. That's why most (but not all!) sonas have a slightly different shade hair if not an entirely different color.

The pattern on the lower stomach could also be whats throwing you off, everything about the design is so soft and round and gentle then there's that hard straight bolt of color cutting up through it. You might consider softening that? Somehow it should complement the heart on the chest imo.

But all that said I like it myself lol, its really cute.

HazelCat

I'm obnoxious
Do whatever makes you happy, it's your sona :)

Hmmmm that's not very helpful though, is it? I will say I've never seen a sona similar to her and that's a really good thing, standing out can be tricky! I like the shape of the arms with the fore-arm being slightly digitigrade, not something you see often and actually something I've incorporated into my own design as well. The long body / low crotch is fine, plenty of suiters ans sonas use this to very good effect. The tail is unique, it's be an interesting one to try and make if you ever decide to get a suit togeather lol. Having one paw a different color is fun although omg it can be annoying to draw because you have to remember which one it is. Don't ask me how I know :confused:

The face and hair could could use some more definition. Not necessarily changes, but more detail... Having the body coat the same exact shade as the hair means there's no distinct boundary between one and the other which can make the head seem a little off at a glace. That's why most (but not all!) sonas have a slightly different shade hair if not an entirely different color.

The pattern on the lower stomach could also be whats throwing you off, everything about the design is so soft and round and gentle then there's that hard straight bolt of color cutting up through it. You might consider softening that? Somehow it should complement the heart on the chest imo.

But all that said I like it myself lol, its really cute.

Okay! Thank you! You would not BELIEVE how much I appreciate that, thank you so much.