• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reference for a zebra, potentially two! ($200 budget each)

Chris Silverhoof

EDIT: I have now decided on which artist I will hire for the job. Thank you all who posted.

Hello everyfur!

I have finally, after many years within the furry community, decided to get my fursona drawn. I am a zebra stallion and have my fursona properly written down, with the details provided I believe necessary. If needed to I can of course expand on the details of my fursona that I wish to be drawn. I wish for this to be a piece of quality and I will of course trust the one I comission with this to make the call on if more detail, and if so what kind of it, will be required.

What I am looking for is a full body reference, potentially NSFW (with no doubt you must be able to handle NSFW pictures as well, even if this comission ends up being SFW), within a setting of some kind. I should also mention that it would preferably be a more 'realistic' piece. I am not a huge fan of the whole cartoon-like style. I can give an example piece of roughly the style I am looking for if asked, but due to the forum rules I can't embed it here (NSFW). Just contact me to see it.

I am not looking for a simple background, typical reference-sheet picture. Note that I am not saying that the background couldn't be simple. I am just saying that you shouldn't assume that it must be ^.^.

I would love to see some previous equine references that you that reply to this thread have previously made. Though any full body, colored picture references are more than welcome. If there is anything you are especially proud of you are of course welcome to put it in as well. The more the merrier, isn't it so?

It is very likely that if I find an artist that I especially like that I will be commissioning not only my own fursona but also that of a close friend, who also is an equine fur.

The budget for each piece is roughly $200. I can if needed raise this, though not by that much.

Edit: I have been getting a couple of replies now and am looking over the different options I have. I am impressed by the artistic talents of all those who have posted here so far. I wish to thank you all for showing interest. I have yet to decide on who to commission, and if anyone else is interested in drawing my zebra reference, it is not too late to post yet. Don't wait too long though as I will most probably chose an artist within the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Botticella89

Hides Between Pigment and Pixels
You can checkout my furaffinity for more references.

1468178960.botticella89_page_spread_sheet_2.png

Chris Silverhoof

I have been getting a couple of replies now and am looking over the different options I have. I am impressed by the artistic talents of all those who have posted here so far. I wish to thank you all for showing interest. I have yet to decide on who to commission, and if anyone else is interested in drawing my zebra reference, it is not too late to post yet. Don't wait too long though as I will most probably chose an artist within the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Weebasaurus

AqDXBNy.jpg

Hello there! I would love to help bring your character to life!
I'm a professional and you can check out my stuff at weebasaurus.deviantart.com! Hope to hear from you soon!

Rott-i-kins

Hey there! Not sure exactly how many views or what you want included in your reference, or I could give you a more exact quote, but my references start at $20 and increase depending on the complexity of the character and reference requested. I'm more than comfortable drawing equines, but my gallery doesn't have that many!

Reference examples:
www.furaffinity.net: ART TRADE: Martial Artist Minotauress by Rott-i-kins
www.furaffinity.net: COMMISSION: Indigo Reference by Rott-i-kins
www.furaffinity.net: COMMISSION: Marcus Ray Reference by Rott-i-kins (NSFW)
www.furaffinity.net: Sedar Thack Reference 2016 by Rott-i-kins (NSFW)
www.furaffinity.net: COMMISSION: Jessica Turner Reference by Rott-i-kins (NSFW)

Some centaurs:
www.furaffinity.net: COMMISSION: A Skip and a Jump by Rott-i-kins
www.furaffinity.net: Hephaestus Perrison Reference 2016 by Rott-i-kins

Older horse pieces:
www.furaffinity.net: ART TRADE: Zebracorn by Rott-i-kins
www.furaffinity.net: Gold, Guns, Girls, Gallops by Rott-i-kins

Thanks for looking, just let me know if you're interested!

xanderless

Hey there! I'll whip up some horse examples today, but I wanted to give you my info beforehand as well.
Sorry they're just some sketches, but here's some quick horses!
Cq5ZrRUUAAA9jSu.jpg:large

if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me!

Last edited:

Haratek

I currently have this equine example in my gallery from last year:

www.furaffinity.net: Hairpulling stallon by Haratek (NSFW)

You're looking for a reference-like realistic painting within a setting, so something like this might be up your alley:

www.furaffinity.net: Phallic Renaissance by Haratek (NSFW)

A painting like this would cost you 60$. If you want more of a typical ref with simple/no background that would cost you 50 $ +20$ for each extra pose (for example back- and front view with no background and full coloring is 70$)

You can also check out more examples of my work in my gallery if you're interested:
Userpage of haratek -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

scythemouse

Not a computer peripheral
Hi there. I have a little experience with equines, I have a couple of my own, though the SFW image limits keep me from showing them here. So please give my gallery a look in.

p7ZvhY1.jpg

amethystos

boo hiss

RagDrawer

Hi! I don't do any nsfw stuff but thought I may give a shot ..? Hope you don't mind me.

Heres my pricelist if you'd be interested in something else www.furaffinity.net: Pricelist by RagDrawer
If it comes to refference sheets I've done these (below) recently and they were 70-100$, depending on character complexity+additional stuff like expressions, detail shots and so on.
Unfortunately I don't have any good example of my horses but it's not like I'd be drawing it for the first time of my life :d . Oh and I can work in many styles, from toony to realistic, just check out my gallery Artwork Gallery for RagDrawer -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
If you're interested in working with me, plesae contact me via note on FA. Have a nice day!

nyriki_refference_sheet_by_ragous-dafk9iv.png

1468608299.ragdrawer_refek.png