• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Guidelines: Regarding Our Policy on Account Transfers

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone.

There has been some recent confusion in regards to relinquishing old, inactive accounts for use by other members (otherwise known as account transfers).

While this is a service we used to provide, we are no longer offering it. There is an old post on the forum that contradicts this; however, this is our current stance on the issue, so Trouble Tickets made with this request will be politely denied.

Thank you!

Reactions: Io.

quoting_mungo

Has an explanation for this policy change ever been posted?
I would make an educated guess that it's likely concerned with user privacy - certain user data at least didn't use to be available to staff (such as, say, number of notes in a user's inbox and outbox), and could potentially result in the new account holder gaining access to others' sensitive information.

Rivercoon

I would make an educated guess that it's likely concerned with user privacy - certain user data at least didn't use to be available to staff (such as, say, number of notes in a user's inbox and outbox), and could potentially result in the new account holder gaining access to others' sensitive information.
Could all notes not just be wiped before turning an account over to a new owner?

foxfang345

If site name changes are ever added, is there the possibility of having an inactive account's name changed so that the name could be acquired?

Akira1988

would it be possible to delete a account name ? i search for one and it was taken by a user that is inactive never uploud never posting anything

dhi

Boop Squad
Hello everyone.

There has been some recent confusion in regards to relinquishing old, inactive accounts for use by other members (otherwise known as account transfers).

While this is a service we used to provide, we are no longer offering it. There is an old post on the forum that contradicts this; however, this is our current stance on the issue, so Trouble Tickets made with this request will be politely denied.

Thank you!
Will this be used by AI? Or will this be a manual operation from the mods? It may flag some random stuff, I seen some good examples on other forums.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Will this be used by AI? Or will this be a manual operation from the mods? It may flag some random stuff, I seen some good examples on other forums.
4z4are.jpg