• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Relaxing tips?

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Thanks all, thats kinda what i've been doing so far. Im still living with my parents for now and there's a stupid ass xbox limit so i cant game regularly, as for other hobbies other than my pets there's just photography. But then i only do it when its sunny and my damn camera does my head in severely. Same with drawing, as much as i wish i had it i have almost no patience with anything, that combined with not having enough privacy to draw whatever i want without getting the piss taken out of me i dont draw much. I'll try going for more walks i guess, but today's been an especially bad one. Came home, had a blast on the xbox admist a shit tonne of connection problems, went here, and now i have an hour and twenty minutes before it starts again. I do listen to music at nearly every given oportunity. We are allowed radio's at work but not headphones which is beyond retarded seeing as we have to wear giant ass ear protectors at times. You're not allowed it too loud though and literally everyone else in the factory is all listening to the same repeptitive radio station all out of sync, drives me insane, can hardly hear mine most of the time.

unless your like me and it's a source of frustration.

oh! bike riding!

Im glad its not me then, i want to actually murder my bike if thats possible, i can walk 4x as far on the bike and only be half as knackered as 4 minutes on that thing.

Do you have a dog? If so, go on long walks (~2 hours works best for me). Even if you don't have one, try taking a nice long walk where you wander around without any clear distinction on where you want to go next. Just keep waking and walking. Let your mimd roam. Feels great. You don't have to do this everyday but it's great at clearing your mind and relaxing your emotions.

No not yet, i really, really want to get a husky or malamute but our garden is escape proof enough for them and i dont have enough hours off to keep the dog entertained. Aside from wanting one because they're awesome i do really like to go for walks, sometimes go to the nearest woods for a bit, if i had a dog that would be perfect.

In other words you dont have any evidence that furry nsfw artwork may cause any damage to a person's body.

Overfapped dicks.

Kosdu

The best way I have found is to simply go out in nature and listen to the wind.

Sometimes, it is lovely to go back to the simple joys of a natural life.

Edit:

If this is not possible, I also recommend meditation. It is a simple way to heal the mind of stress.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Ladies and gentlemen: Missing the joke with Inignem.

Ladies and gentlemen? We aint in a presentation, your expression is incorrectly inserted in the context.

Last edited:

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
... ... ...

Moving on. Yeah, basically most of the tips have already been said, buuut don't mind doing photographs even if it isn't sunny. Put your camera safely in a backpack, grab a brolly and go wild. Sometimes the sky can offer some truly amazing views. Also, explore, see the beauty in nature and try to capture it to share it with others. Even the most insignificant thing can offer some truly amazing stuff if correctly taken !

Also, writing is a pretty good way to get off some steam, if you have the motivation to do so. I'm sure you've got a few situations you'd be able to write down. Everybody can write something decent if given the opportunity ^^

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Do you have evidence it doesn't? Show me your scientific evidence disproving it

No strokes from browsing FA have been reported. Besides if you were the one originally proposing that it damages the brain you had to have evidence about it instead of just lying again.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Drugs damage the nervous sustem, drawing is stressfull, reading consumes energy. Browsing furry NSFW artwork is faster, better and solves the stress.
I was kidding about the drugs, drawing can be stressful if you have a deadline or trying something beyond your skill level, and how the fuck does reading consume energy? I read all the fucking time and I feel just as energized as I did before reading. Running, riding a bike, hiking...that will consume energy. Wait, why am I even responding to you? From reading all your other posts you're borderline retarded.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
I was kidding about the drugs, drawing can be stressful if you have a deadline or trying something beyond your skill level, and how the fuck does reading consume energy? I read all the fucking time and I feel just as energized as I did before reading. Running, riding a bike, hiking...that will consume energy. Wait, why am I even responding to you? From reading all your other posts you're borderline retarded.

The latest sentence nulifies the purpose of your previous ones. Your parragraph therefore lacks logic consistency.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Ladies and gentlemen? We aint in a presentation, your expression is incorrectly inserted in the context.
Do I need to explain the concept of being facetious to you?
If so I won't bother.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
God is the only evidence I need

You have no evidence of god's existence.

Spoiler: nobody has, if someday someone gets true evidence of his existence, that guy would get an immediate Nobel.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Oh god this fucking guy man.
Is he trolling or ... can't get it?

On topic, music so good that it can get you hard is relaxing.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Do I need to explain the concept of being facetious to you?
If so I won't bother.

It is not my fault that your expression was out of context. Don't attempt to amend it. But if you have problems understanding context, its fine, some people with autism and related syndromes suffer from that problem as well. If you want I can show you tactics to identify context in the written english language.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
It is not my fault that your expression was out of context. Don't attempt to amend it. But if you have problems understanding context, its fine, some people with autism and related syndromes suffer from that problem as well. If you want I can show you tactics to identify context in the written english language.

Are you really this... unobservant?
You gotta be kidding me.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Are you really this... unobservant?
You gotta be kidding me.

I take it you attempted to be facetious, but you failed since you merely posted an out of context sentence. Humor is something delicate and complicatd, it is not just about saying random things. Check Encyclopedia Dramatica to learn how to be facetious.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I'm done man, More than a few express amusement in my posts, both by "this's" and PMs.

To put it simply you have left an... interesting impression on more than a few members.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
I'm done man, More than a few express amusement in my posts, both by "this's" and PMs.

To put it simply you have left an... interesting impression on more than a few members.

Does that change the fact that you did an incorrect attempt at facetiousness?

Benji

HOMO CRUSADER o.O
I take it you attempted to be facetious, but you failed since you merely posted an out of context sentence. Humor is something delicate and complicatd, it is not just about saying random things. Check Encyclopedia Dramatica to learn how to be facetious.

helpful - 0%

accurate - 0%

offensive - 20%

obnoxious - 80%

OP: @ Harbinger, it's great that you have a hobby in photography. Some of my best mental vacations have been with my camera. Even if your week is taken with a shit ton of work, taking an entire weekend day to just shoot some photos makes such a difference!

I tend to visualize those days SO much better after taking photos--something about the frame/composition process when looking through the camera embeds the imagery in my mind's eye. Just my two cent's worth.

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Been there dude. I wound up writing poetry while on the job because the job was one of those "thinking isn't required, only certain motor skills need apply." Made about four months go by really fast, and I wound up with a pretty bitchen poem at the end of it all.

Hello long form narrative poetry!

Since the furry community is one based on art, my only advice is to delve into that side of it. Write, draw, paint, dance, I dunno. Outlets are outlets, and the only important thing about them is that they work.

I'll also advocate for long walks if time permits.

Whiskey as well.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch

http://youtu.be/5GgflscOmW8

Kashou

The Lone Wolf~
You have no evidence of god's existence.

Spoiler: nobody has, if someday someone gets true evidence of his existence, that guy would get an immediate Nobel.
Did we...really just go there..? Like, seriously..? Your'e really gonna say that..? Sad world you live in my friend....

A

Abbi Normal

I relax by reflecting on the fact that I'm not Inignem. He joined a month ago, made nearly 400 posts since then, and as far as I can tell, almost every single one is about how terrible something or someone is. He lives in this strange little self-made crapsack world where everything is a source of disgust, and all joy exists only as something to dig through until he finds the tiniest imperfection, even if he has to invent it himself, and then thrown out on those grounds so that no one may appreciate it again, like a man who looks at a room full of bright birthday balloons and can think only of pins. I remember that since I'm not Inignem, I'm able to be happy about things other than fapping, and tolerate and even enjoy happiness on the faces of others. It's very relaxing.

In all seriousness, though, I find that art and reading and playing with pets and all those other nice things people have said are just great. I'd also add sewing and knitting and other crafts to that list, but I guess you kind of have to know how to do it in the first place, but once you get the hang of it, you can do it while listening to music and watching movies, and then you have something nice when you're finished. A neat little proof of your accomplishment. Writing, too. If I had the tools and space, I'd do carving or even carpentry. I guess I mostly get that kind of calm and satisfaction from doing basically anything that results in something I can put in front of myself and say, "I did that. I made that. I am responsible for its existence. I did a good job, or at least, I did the best job I can do and the next job will be better. Look at what a nice thing it is." and give myself a nice little asspat.