• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

RELEASED! A2 Zygon - An Anthro-Themed, Retro-Style Bullet Hell!

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
You can play the game here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1910490/A2_Zygon/

r5uZG9.png

1HTHXC.png

1HT4vo.png

1HTKG9.png

1HTzg5.png

r5u4NM.png

1HT7k2.png

1HTOHv.png

Music Samples:

The game has been released. Hope you all enjoy!
Ciao!

r5D8z3.png

Attachments

• library_capsule.png
    library_capsule.png
    586.6 KB · Views: 172
  • oren_and_flair.png
    oren_and_flair.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 162
  • screenshot_9.png
    screenshot_9.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 130
  • screenshot_2.png
    screenshot_2.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 117
  • screenshot_3.png
    screenshot_3.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 121
  • screenshot_8.png
    screenshot_8.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 124
  • screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 111
  • screenshot_5.png
    screenshot_5.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 125
  • screenshot_7.png
    screenshot_7.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 115
  • screenshot_6.png
    screenshot_6.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Judge Spear

I just bounced through the demo. I like that this is more faithful to NES graphics than most games that try to emulate the look.

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
I am sorry to say the game dev grant I applied for didn't fall through (and on April 1st of all dates. Ouch). Nothing I can't overcome, nor do I feel entitled to it (it is free money after all), but it did shake things up a little.

I'm still going to work my butt off to get this game out the door and give you all a great shmup experience. It is still coming along smoothly, and I've been consistently updating the demo with brand new features and content for you to experience, including the new saving mechanics, more expressive bosses with improved dialog, a better tutorial, and more spritework and animations! I also plan to revamp the trailer and screenshots sometime this month.

At the rate it's being developed, I expect it to possibly be ready for release much sooner than the release date, but we'll see.

I won't accept any donations, but if you want to help out, and you like what I'm making, feel free to wishlist the game on Steam! It certainly helps, and boosts the games visibility on the Steam algorithm.

Hope you all have a great day, and stay safe out there!

Maskidish_sprites.gif

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
I Updated the player attacks.

Now the player strike region is much larger. I was reluctant to change this at first, because I thought it would make things too easy, but I realized how frustrating it is to accidentally run into enemies while striking (and despite playtesting thousands of time, I still end up doing it).

To compensate for this, I lowered the maximum MP from 16 to 10.

new_attack.png

Another upgrade I added was the ability to focus attack shots while shift was held down. I don't know why I didn't add this earlier. I probably just wanted there to be more distinction between the two characters. Well, I added it anyway and it makes things much more interesting. Don't get me wrong, the attacks still differ in angle, but now it is easier to kill enemies quicker when lined up with them with shift held down.

The update should be added later tonight as of this post.

Cheers!

The_Happiest_Husky

I love you all <3 We had a good run
Gosh damnit why did you make this, now I have to play it because anthros but I'm awful at any bullet hell game that isn't Luftrausers :p

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
Gosh damnit why did you make this, now I have to play it because anthros but I'm awful at any bullet hell game that isn't Luftrausers :p
Bullet hells are always hard at first, and they always take a lot of practice for sure, but I find it worth it in the end, and you can carry those skills to other bullet hells too!

The_Happiest_Husky

Bullet hells are always hard at first, and they always take a lot of practice for sure, but I find it worth it in the end, and you can carry those skills to other bullet hells too!
I've played a ton and for some reason I've never managed to get good at them, or even marginal really
Luftrausers tho, for some reason I rock at. Like idk even how I can get in a groove and do so well. Maybe its cause how different it is than the others I've played?

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
Here are some music samples! Enjoy!

Note: I know I haven't posted in a while. I'm currently working on the more 'spoilery' parts of the game. I won't be having a lot of frequent updates until most of it is finished. In the mean time, hope you enjoy these audio samples. Peace!

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I like the newer one's muted colors. They mesh better together.

The_Happiest_Husky

The new one looks nicer, but the old one fits better with the overall look of the game.
Maybe, it'd look better if you toyed with something that's visually a halfway point between the two?

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
The new one looks nicer, but the old one fits better with the overall look of the game.
Maybe, it'd look better if you toyed with something that's visually a halfway point between the two?
I've had some people say the same thing. I'm unable to find any in-between solutions sadly. Unreal Engine is very strict with the system I'm using to render bullets.

I'm going to add the option in the graphics menu to turn on 'solid' bullets for players that want a more consistent look. I'm keeping the softer bullets as the default (not all of them are soft however).

Thanks for the input!