• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Relic Hunt: Tales of Godly Trinkets.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I mean i am game I'm just busy on the weekends.
I would love to be a marro or a scorpion if possible....? And I don't have a character sheet :_(

Will you be joining too? I think your posts were exceptional in mambi's chat
I'm definitely going to be in.

And... thanks. I've been at this RP thing quite a while.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

I love you all <3 We had a good run
Ack already in two story rps atm so might not be smart of me to join another lol
This is sounding awesome tho. probably better I don't join and end up holding things up
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
Will this be a short rp ending on Saturday as well or will it just be a thread
Daily if I can help it, I will at least be replying once or twice a day if I can. But yes a thread! Though I wont be using Rolls I'll be trying a similar style to DnD, your character reacts to the world and I'll DM if that goes well or poorly.
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
I mean i am game I'm just busy on the weekends.
I would love to be a marro or a scorpion if possible....? And I don't have a character sheet :_(

Will you be joining too? I think your posts were exceptional in mambi's chat
I don't know what a Marro is, but Arthropods and Fish are not allowed unfortunately, or you might find yourself cooked on a stick and served with sugar. Fish and Arthropods are non-sentient.
 

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
Daily if I can help it, I will at least be replying once or twice a day if I can. But yes a thread! Though I wont be using Rolls I'll be trying a similar style to DnD, your character reacts to the world and I'll DM if that goes well or poorly.
how are we going to keep things from getting chaotic,though if everyone is posting different things at once for their own characters?
 

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
how are we going to keep things from getting chaotic,though if everyone is posting different things at once for their own characters?
He was saying something about a maximum of two posts a day, I thought he meant that as "two for each person per day".

As in, "don't rapid-fire posts like some of the other RPs around here".

That would probably help mitigate some of the chaos.
 

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
He was saying something about a maximum of two posts a day, I thought he meant that as "two for each person per day".

As in, "don't rapid-fire posts like some of the other RPs around here".

That would probably help mitigate some of the chaos.
but then that still leaves the question of how different people's characters will be handled (since it can be assumed that we're not all just starting in the same place since we're not a D&D party playing out the same story together). like,how will it be handled in my thief is roaming a city looking for easy targets while someone else's viking is back at their village,gearing up for battle? we've got lot's of characters living very different lives that needs some way to bind them all so people aren't just RPing with themselves.XD
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
but then that still leaves the question of how different people's characters will be handled (since it can be assumed that we're not all just starting in the same place since we're not a D&D party playing out the same story together). like,how will it be handled in my thief is roaming a city looking for easy targets while someone else's viking is back at their village,gearing up for battle? we've got lot's of characters living very different lives that needs some way to bind them all so people aren't just RPing with themselves.XD
I will be trying to manage everyone as best I can as DM, though I'd hope that eventually you all group together as a team that may not initially be the case your quite correct. At first I'd like to keep it to no more than two messages a day, especially as I'd have to react and respond to them all it might get a bit beyond me.

So perhaps for example:
"Queen Sekhmet, you have travelled to the farmers Market and asked the local shop keepers where the best place to buy "Exotic spice" May be, though some of the merchants refuse to speak of such things and others just have no clue what your talking about. One particular Green Grocer pulls you to the side.
'Urh, pardon thar miz Cat laydee? but if youm lookin' fer summet a bit beyond the local cabbages, you should be askin' at the Nag's an' Hen. S'a bit shaydee loike, so bring a Weapon if yer want to go thar.' He then proceeds to ignore you, you never had this conversation.

Hopefully it will run a bit smoother once things have started. I do have a plan in mind, but we all know how plans and groups go. XD
 

The_Happiest_Husky

I love you all <3 We had a good run
Oi sounds like it'll be a long running thing, so you think maybe couple weeks down the line when I'm more free I could make a character and slip into the story? Shouldn't be too hard
 

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
I will be trying to manage everyone as best I can as DM, though I'd hope that eventually you all group together as a team that may not initially be the case your quite correct. At first I'd like to keep it to no more than two messages a day, especially as I'd have to react and respond to them all it might get a bit beyond me.

So perhaps for example:
"Queen Sekhmet, you have travelled to the farmers Market and asked the local shop keepers where the best place to buy "Exotic spice" May be, though some of the merchants refuse to speak of such things and others just have no clue what your talking about. One particular Green Grocer pulls you to the side.
'Urh, pardon thar miz Cat laydee? but if youm lookin' fer summet a bit beyond the local cabbages, you should be askin' at the Nag's an' Hen. S'a bit shaydee loike, so bring a Weapon if yer want to go thar.' He then proceeds to ignore you, you never had this conversation.

Hopefully it will run a bit smoother once things have started. I do have a plan in mind, but we all know how plans and groups go. XD
so long as you're able to figure out a way to keep the story going for each character since,again there will be a lot going on at once. you may want to make it clear from the start,though if the intention is for all the characters to at some point join together as part of some shared goal or something along those lines: otherwise people will just assume they can just play their character however and you'll just keep feeding them things to do. if this will be a group effort then it should be made into one,ideally as soon as possible so no one get's caught up in their own thing and we can push the story along at a reasonable pace.
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
so long as you're able to figure out a way to keep the story going for each character since,again there will be a lot going on at once. you may want to make it clear from the start,though if the intention is for all the characters to at some point join together as part of some shared goal or something along those lines: otherwise people will just assume they can just play their character however and you'll just keep feeding them things to do. if this will be a group effort then it should be made into one,ideally as soon as possible so no one get's caught up in their own thing and we can push the story along at a reasonable pace.
Welp, I'm about to make a Start to let's see how this plays out! But I do apologise I just kind of assumed people would see this as a DnD style adventure and never really said as much. That ones on me.
 

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
Welp, I'm about to make a Start to let's see how this plays out! But I do apologise I just kind of assumed people would see this as a DnD style adventure and never really said as much. That ones on me.
you can never be too clear on things (most of all when it involves a bunch of strangers). might want to make sure to clear it up as soon as we begin so everyone can get a good idea of how they should go about their characters (and even more so if we need to team up early on). but we'll see how things go.XD
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
Okay, let's see how this goes, I will apologise this is my first time doing something like this; but hopefully this is a good start.

Prologue:

It felt like a hot day somehow, it was overcast, it was windy but it still felt hot. Stonepaw wasn’t used to this, he liked the Cold, but what Badgerfolk walked away from an important job just because they were sweaty. He stood with Axe in hand, stoic and sure as the Foreigners drew closer; he gave them a glum nod as they placed down the large receptacle they had brought with them.

“You understand what this is… why it has to stay hidden, correct?” The Fennec Magi was as dour as he was, she was small, fair faced but somehow sterner than the Barbarian stood before her. The Two Anubian Jackals that flanked her placed down a large chest, plain in appearance but heavy. It exuded a heavy dark magic, even non-magic users could feel it like a radiating heat from a kettle.

“Rest assured, Clan Gorse are stronger than you know, we shall hold it here. Whatever the darkness can send our way, we shall meet it head on and display it to the world as a message to the others.” Two more Celtic Badgerfolk join the Jackals and the Fennec, all six descend deep into the Cave. At the top of the hill you could feel the wind, the heat, you could see the sea and the Fisherman working.

It felt like a hot day, it was overcast, it was windy but the Moment Stonepaw entered the Cave there was only a cold dank. Those who didn’t know the caves could get lost so quickly, the Clan liked it that way, it meant Invaders were lost and confused while they could outflank and ambush them from within. The only thing that permeated the darkness was the dark aura radiating from the Box.

Deep into the cave they stop by a sandstone statue of some sort of Badgerfolk, it looked sad and wise, its origin lost in history. It was pulled aside and the box placed behind it, sealed away forever. “Now we shall Guard it, until the skies fall and the Earth cracks open.” The fennec just huffed and held her nose up “You had best guard it well, or the Skies will fall a lot sooner than any of you could ever dream.

Modern Day:

Welcome travellers! Your adventure starts in the fishing town of Hastings in the country of Albion. It’s about midday, there’s a slight breeze and the midday sun is intermittently blocked by clouds, The Town spreads along the coast, flanked by two Hills, the East and West, between the hills there is a River known simply as the Bourne, covered on wooden bridges and surrounded by stalls and ramshackle houses the whole place is bustling with trade.

It STINKS of fish but there’s also plenty of insects, fruits and vegetables from the nearby farms available to buy. It’s noisy, bustling and busy, the only military presence being the Occasional Celtic Warrior walking through, Badgers, Otters and Foxes being the typical species.

This is where the Adventure starts, how would you like to arrive in this bustling town?
 

Marius Merganser

The Duke of Birds
"End of the line, Mr. Merganser." The otter stood at the gangway of his ship, sizing up his duck passenger one more time.

"Thank you, again, for the lift, Captain." The duck fished a few coins out of his coat pocket and handed them to the otter with an appreciative nod. "I expect this will cover your berth fee, resupply, and repairs?"

The otter looked at the valuable coins in shock. "And then some!"

"Well, you did save my water-logged feathers back there. Anyway, watch out for those pirates!" Marius Merganser smirked and adjusted the heavy pack that was slung over his shoulder before making his way down the gangway to the dock, leaving the otter captain speechless.

A few days before, he was on a beat up hulk of a sailing ship, intentionally making his way through pirate infested waters. According to plan, his ship was seized and sunk, and he was taken prisoner. But his pirate captors, as usual, underestimated his small stature and non-intimidating looks. He managed to escape in the night by jumping overboard, but not before helping himself to a small fortune comprised of the spoils the pirates had stolen from others. Once in the water, he swam off into the darkness undetected. It was nearly a day before the otter's passing ship plucked him out of the sea.

Finally back on dry land, he figured he would eventually need another ship and crew to get back to business. He figured he would spend a few days taking notes on what the shipping activity was like, who running this town, and how the locals were doing. But first, he wanted to find an inn.
 

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
after stowing away on a large voyaging ship,a beautiful white cat covered from head to toe in very simply,dark blue clothes slips onto the docks without a single soul taking notice. "ahhhh....finally. that ship was murder on my joints" said tira,who was no stranger to a little bit of murder. "now...let's take a look around,shall we?".

tira valentine: a mysterious woman from a unknown land who had gained such notoriety for her work as leader of a large thief's guild that she had become widely known as the "queen of thieves". after leaving her guild's HQ to go on a "special mission" in a far off land,tira has now arrived in a new place with new targets to hit.
 

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
A very muscular blue alligator had entered town by foot. He gazed over the area, the midday light reflecting off of his turquoise eyes. The fish smell barely registered - even ignoring what he was, he was used to algae-ridden swamps anyways and those stank much worse. One of the children had handed him a straw doll.

They always do this when I arrive in town. Any time they see someone even remotely connected to my art, they hand them a doll. They all think it's a curse art. They always think I can bring doom on their enemies. At best, the doll could be put in a cemetery for guiding spirits. But it's become something of an insult I must endure.

Eventually, the alligator's focus fell on the river itself. He dipped a cloth into the water and rubbed his face. This was always an issue with him and the spirits - the one who knew him the best always tended to make him feel like he was drying out.

So, Met Agwe... you were very clear that the Great Rattlesnake wanted me, Zuri Katia Blaise-Guillaume, here for something. But this town is little more than another crossroads to little old Zukath. Where shall we ride?

The alligator was gazing off, likely to be caught off guard if he were approached.

((So if I have to ask anything OOC, this double-parentheses italics is where it will go. Yeah, my portrayal is not going to be 100% spot on, but if I can avoid the usual pitfalls when I can, I feel I've succeeded.))
 
Last edited:

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
"End of the line, Mr. Merganser." The otter stood at the gangway of his ship, sizing up his duck passenger one more time.

"Thank you, again, for the lift, Captain." The duck fished a few coins out of his coat pocket and handed them to the otter with an appreciative nod. "I expect this will cover your berth fee, resupply, and repairs?"

The otter looked at the valuable coins in shock. "And then some!"

"Well, you did save my water-logged feathers back there. Anyway, watch out for those pirates!" Marius Merganser smirked and adjusted the heavy pack that was slung over his shoulder before making his way down the gangway to the dock, leaving the otter captain speechless.

A few days before, he was on a beat up hulk of a sailing ship, intentionally making his way through pirate infested waters. According to plan, his ship was seized and sunk, and he was taken prisoner. But his pirate captors, as usual, underestimated his small stature and non-intimidating looks. He managed to escape in the night by jumping overboard, but not before helping himself to a small fortune comprised of the spoils the pirates had stolen from others. Once in the water, he swam off into the darkness undetected. It was nearly a day before the otter's passing ship plucked him out of the sea.

Finally back on dry land, he figured he would eventually need another ship and crew to get back to business. He figured he would spend a few days taking notes on what the shipping activity was like, who running this town, and how the locals were doing. But first, he wanted to find an inn.
As far as this Duck was concerned? he fit in just fine in this European fishing village, most folks ignored him nigh on; the only folks paying him any mind was Marketeers, prostitutes and Seagulls looking for able hands for fishing.
-
If you were to ask anyone, you'd get a few answers on where to go.
"Ah, well a gent of finer means should check out the Jenny Lind! It's on the butt of the East Hill, it's a nice place, decent food, decent drinks, rooms are prolly fine. I got a house y'know? what do I need a room there for."
-
"Oh Honey, why not come join me instead? I'm SURE I can offer you fine accommodation and perhaps a little more... no? fine. The FILO, first in, last out, it's full of bastards and ne'er do wells. But the drinks good and most importantly CHEAP. Find it down the end of the Old Town."
-
"Aye matey, if yer lookin' to settle yer feathers fer the night, the Dolphin just before Rock-a-Nore, it's full of folks like us! It's a friend to fisher folks, always room and board fer a fisherman lookin' fer work."
It seems there's a few places you can check in for the day.
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
after stowing away on a large voyaging ship,a beautiful white cat covered from head to toe in very simply,dark blue clothes slips onto the docks without a single soul taking notice. "ahhhh....finally. that ship was murder on my joints" said tira,who was no stranger to a little bit of murder. "now...let's take a look around,shall we?".

tira valentine: a mysterious woman from a unknown land who had gained such notoriety for her work as leader of a large thief's guild that she had become widely known as the "queen of thieves". after leaving her guild's HQ to go on a "special mission" in a far off land,tira has now arrived in a new place with new targets to hit.
As you step up from the Beach where you berthed, no one seems to pay you notice apart from one or two of the Older Seagulls, they have a look of the folkey yolkey look about them. They wouldn't trust a Unicorn if it gave them a basket of fine food and wine.

As the HQ of the thieves Guild, you know why you've come, but you are blind as of now. You need to find your contact, all you've been given is the word 'FILO', you can head off and start to look for this 'FILO' or you can explore the town a bit, you are the Queen of thieves after all; the contact will wait on -you-.
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
A very muscular blue alligator had entered town by foot. He gazed over the area, the midday light reflecting off of his turquoise eyes. The fish smell barely registered - even ignoring what he was, he was used to algae-ridden swamps anyways and those stank much worse. One of the children had handed him a straw doll.

They always do this when I arrive in town. Any time they see someone even remotely connected to my art, they hand them a doll. They all think it's a curse art. They always think I can bring doom on their enemies. At best, the doll could be put in a cemetery for guiding spirits. But it's become something of an insult I must endure.

Eventually, the alligator's focus fell on the river itself. He dipped a cloth into the water and rubbed his face. This was always an issue with him and the spirits - the one who knew him the best always tended to make him feel like he was drying out.

So, Met Agwe... you were very clear that the Great Rattlesnake wanted me, Zuri Katia Blaise-Guillaume, here for something. But this town is little more than another crossroads to little old Zukath. Where shall we ride?

The alligator was gazing off, likely to be caught off guard if he were approached.

((So if I have to ask anything OOC, this double-parentheses italics is where it will go. Yeah, my portrayal is not going to be 100% spot on, but if I can avoid the usual pitfalls when I can, I feel I've succeeded.))
An Alligator is as rare as a Crocodile in this place of the world, and by that, I mean they never turn up here! foreign travellers come sure, but Crocs? less so, and the New world is still very green to this little yokel of a town, maybe one Raccoon has been here before you, maybe. People are STARING, those who recognise your attire and mannerism see a Witch or Druid. They are wrong, but they understand that if they hand you a Doll you can hurt their enemies, still wrong.

The spirits have a particular strength in this town, they are stronger for some reason, the locals can't see them, they aren't interested or skilled enough. But you, you can see them fine. The place is cold compared to your lands, and the spirits around you exude a condensation almost, a moistness like fog.

One spirit slams right into you, a little girl, no more than ten, a Vixen. She peers up at you in an imploring fashion... "I never stole it, I swear, but they wouldn't stop chasing me, I had to run..." The Spirit darts over one of the wooden bridges over the Bourne towards a particular alleyway... you may be too big to fit through, but it seems a direction has been given.
 

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
((I will apologise for the first part I will be trying to guide everyone in a certain direction, I'm hoping once the group is established it'll be a bit more fluid, for now I'm just trying to guide in a particular direction without taking away player agency. You don't have to follow the direction I'm pointing it. ^^))
 
Top