• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Religion in the Furry Community

Which Organised Religion Do You Adhere To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ame

Hey guys, this is my first time doing a poll, so I'm not sure how It works but I will give it a try.

Just wanted to see what religion/non religion was prominant within the furry community, don't forget to share your thoughts and comments in the section below, because we all know how friendly people get on the topic of religion :D

If what you personally Adhere to is not on the list, my apologies, I only had a choice of 10 religions but feel free to discuss it and post below about what you believe.

Last edited:

mcjoel

Pepmurrmint Fox
You are gonna get a lot of people choosing the second answer.
If it doesn't get locked.

Last edited:

Ame

Ah so? Atheism is just as amazing as the other religion, I just hope maybe I can find some more confucians out there :D

Ame

Furry's are the most disorganised people I know :p hence why it isn't an 'organised' religion :V (I only had 10 spots I cant put everything there haha)

You don't have to be chinese to be confucian, just have to follow and respect the teachings of Confucius as well as follow the moral code he set out

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Christianity! I'm a Christian Protestant of no particular denomination, however I was baptised Catholic.
You are gonna get a lot of people choosing the second answer.
If it doesn't get locked.
What makes you think that? The furry community is decently diverse I would think.

Ame

Why would this get locked anyway, Its predominantly about the poll not the people below fighting over nothing lol

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I'd contest the tacit placement of 'no religion' as 'an organised religion' but meh.

I don't adhere to any religion.

By the way, people will inevitably fight over this as soon as somebody comes in and says 'I use faith x to justify exotic moral position y'.

Ame

I make the argument that Atheism (or no religion) is organised :p considering the advertisments promoting it and the large, very vocal following. Its an interesting notion that something that is the absence of something can be organised but can't argue with the evidence.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Otherkin, much?

Now you mention it, that should definitely be in the list =V

In all seriousness, deism is hardly organised religion, so I'm not too fussed. I think an "other" option would be a good thing though.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I make the argument that Atheism (or no religion) is organised :p considering the advertisments promoting it and the large, very vocal following. Its an interesting notion that something that is the absence of something can be organised but can't argue with the evidence.

Sort of, I suppose. Certainly there are mainstream religions which are less organised and more disparate than the mere lack of religious conviction.

Ame

I wish I did put the 'other' option in dispite it not really giving a good indication on who belongs to what, but I do want everyone to belong. I had a list of like 20 or so religions but I could only make a poll of 10, I do apologise if your option wasn't on here.
But I suppose thats what the comments section is for :D if anyone belongs to something not on the list be vocal about it and give everyone a brief description of it.

It's not organised though, especially not in the religious sense (no leader, no purpose, no goal, nothing at all). There are various little atheistic groups that might be organised internally to themselves (in the way that a club might be organised), but as a whole, there really isn't anything holding most (let alone all) atheists together.

As far as advertisements go, that's usually a specific local group, and not some overarching mega-group. Atheists have to be vocal, because they'd otherwise get squashed by the religion mammoths - Though I'm confused as to where this "large following" is, given the last polls I can remember put the world-wide atheism percentage between 8-15%, and the American percentage between 10-20%.

(also: shots fired from the "atheist side" :v though I'm more of an anti-theist)

Last edited:

fizzypopfox

100% Free Range Organic Garbage
I was born, baptized, and confirmed Catholic. Then around the age of 17 I started questioning my beliefs and slowly morphed from nondenominational, to "spiritual," to agnostic, and I've finally settled quite comfortably with atheism. I study biology and have come to find that there is plenty of beauty and meaning in the natural world, I don't need anything else to give my life "purpose." And the way religions are constantly bickering, how some people use it as a platform for being shitty, and just the fact that there are so many different flavors that all think they are the right one has put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not necessarily anti-religion, so long as you keep it to yourself and don't go telling other people what to do. But I'm quite happy believing there isn't a sky-man who's going to condemn me for enjoying sex or being attracted to other women.

Maugryph

I was born, baptized, and confirmed Catholic. Then around the age of 17 I started questioning my beliefs and slowly morphed from nondenominational, to "spiritual," to agnostic, and I've finally settled quite comfortably with atheism. I study biology and have come to find that there is plenty of beauty and meaning in the natural world, I don't need anything else to give my life "purpose." And the way religions are constantly bickering, how some people use it as a platform for being shitty, and just the fact that there are so many different flavors that all think they are the right one has put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not necessarily anti-religion, so long as you keep it to yourself and don't go telling other people what to do. But I'm quite happy believing there isn't a sky-man who's going to condemn me for enjoying sex or being attracted to other women.

I love it how you tell others to keep their beliefs /ideals to themselves yet for over a paragraph, you spill out your own ideals.

If you wanna know how certain furries in this community feel about religion, look no further

I am a non-denominational Christian.

I've taken a couple of basic Religious Studies classes, so I know at least a little bit about most of the major world religions. I agree with and draw upon wisdom and teachings from almost all of the religions I have studied, but in the end I know I stand with Jesus. Studying and understanding religions is very rewarding I believe, even if you don't practice one yourself. It is important to understand and respect the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others.

Last edited: