• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Religion in the Furry Community

Which Organised Religion Do You Adhere To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
It always pisses me off when atheism is in those lists...
Atheism is not a religion! It's like saying that "off" is a TV channel >__>

Anyway, I'm an agnostic atheist and an anti-theist. I don't want to have anything to do with that crap.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
"Atheism is a religion"
"Atheism is not a religion"
There are arguments for both of these views, really.
You can argue that its the lack of religion, though you could also argue that, using the broadest definitions of religion, such as "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion) that it is a religion. Its a bit of a stretch, but it could fit. Regardless, it is a religious stance or perhaps, to word that better, a stance on religion.

Its not really that big a deal if someone calls it a religion or not though, is it?

EDIT: I am legitimately surprised at the number of atheists here. Interesting. I was actually expecting it to be dominantly Christian like most of the world. Once more people have voted, It'll be interesting to analyze the results and see if any is still dominant. If atheism or any other choice for that matter is strongly dominant it'd be cool to try and analyze this and figure out what it means about furries, or at the very least, FAF.

Last edited:

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
I say it depends on atheist. In my case it for sure isn't religion as I'm closer to agnosticism.

Also, I'm offended by the lack of neopaganism.

EDIT: I am legitimately surprised at the number of atheists here. Interesting. I was actually expecting it to be dominantly Christian like most of the world. Once more people have voted, It'll be interesting to analyze the results and see if any is still dominant. If atheism or any other choice for that matter is strongly dominant it'd be cool to try and analyze this and figure out what it means about furries, or at the very least, FAF.

It might have something to do with the fact that many furries (from my own observation) are social outcasts, so its normal for them to be... abnormal?

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
More like people being anonymous and not afraid of stigmatizing. There is certain difference between declaring yourself as atheist on a forum and in local community. Also, lot of people don't care enough to actually undergo an apostasy.

It would be also my case - everyone knows about my (lack of) beliefs but I'm still on the official list.

But aye, having a perfectly normal life in every aspect sometimes make me feel like an outcast - among the furs :p

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
To me this fandom is all about fantasy so the 'real world' is forgotten for a time. Religeon is part of that. If pressed I would say Atheist simply because simply the facts are not there for me to decide which to follow and know I am taking the right path.

Mews

Agnostic here.
I was raised in a Christian mixed Catholic up bringing.
Then I fell more in love with Wicca but decided being agnostic better suit my beliefs.

fizzypopfox

100% Free Range Organic Garbage
I love it how you tell others to keep their beliefs /ideals to themselves yet for over a paragraph, you spill out your own ideals.

By "keep to themselves" I mean "don't be a dick and force your beliefs on others." I don't care if you share them or even celebrate them, just don't tell me or anyone else what to believe.

Eiriol

I was Christened into the Church of England, but I'm not religious. I don't know if I would call myself a straight up Atheist, however, because I do believe in luck, karma, fate and things like that. I also like to think that there is somewhere nice you go after you die. I guess I'm probably Agnostic.

I don't believe all the stuff bible bashers spew out about God and Jesus and them making things happen for a reason. What reason could justify the fact that children get cancer and natural disasters happen? I took this argument to my religious friend and he said that God created humans but isn't in control of what happens now. So what is the point of God then? He babbled about God being like a friend or something like that, but that still doesn't answer my question. If God is apparently almighty and makes things happen, for example when people pray, then why is there so much suffering in the world?

Drekoriss

I guess I'd say I'm agnostic, if anything. I don't really feel to strongly either way when it comes to gods and religion.
Although, if it ever is discovered that God does exist, I hope that he's doing something more interesting than judging me every time I masturbate. :V

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Lutheran here, going to be confirmed in November-ish. I don't go to church too often, maybe twice a month.

You'd be surprised of the diversity of beliefs here. There's even some Satanists!

tisr

I exist perhaps
I'd like to clarify that agnostic is not a position of religious belief. You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.
An agnostic atheist is someone who does not believe in god, but does not claim that no god can exist.
An agnostic theist is someone who believes in god, but does not claim that god definitely exists.

And the opposite of agnostic is gnostic. Gnostic is such a terrible sounding word.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Lutheran here, going to be confirmed in November-ish. I don't go to church too often, maybe twice a month.

You'd be surprised of the diversity of beliefs here. There's even some Satanists!
*gasp*Satanists?!
Why ive never...

Ame

Atheism is the absence of religion or the belief in a G-d, and the Atheist movement is indeed organised, especially the anti-theist movement. Considering the advertisments, seminars, public speakers and writers I would argue Atheists are very organised indeed, Its not a bad thing at all.

Aristotle would argue (and I agree) that Anti-theism is not particularly good or healthy, considering it presents itself as (not 'is') the over zelous side of Atheism, and not a balanced mean. (See Aristotle's mean) History has proven that worldviews of a particularly zelous nature often either change the world for the better or worse, with anti-theism it is yet to be seen, but I personally expect the latter.

Not that I am against anti-theism, all things are of Tian and I don't judge people or condemn them, considering any worldview can be used to prosecute and harm others. But I don't see much good in a wordview foundated on ridding the world of an idea or a people group.

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er
I'm an anti-theist.

I don't believe we should rid people who believe in a god, I just think that abolishment of religion is the best decision to make if we ever want to dream of a world with less senseless killing

Maugryph

I'm an anti-theist.

I don't believe we should rid people who believe in a god, I just think that abolishment of religion is the best decision to make if we ever want to dream of a world with less senseless killing

Indeed religion is responsible for many horrid crimes the past.However I don't see how removal of religions would not stop humans from killing each other for senseless things, people would find another reason to do it anyway (money, power, etc). And if you where able rid the world of all the religions, humans would just create new ones to replace them.

Ame

To rid the world of religion would rid the world of many people groups, Christians, Muslims, Taoists to name a few. Although I get where your coming from you dont wan't to rid the world of those people but just those ideas, (hence why I noted Ideas/people groups in my post) but again, not only how to execute that ideal is a problem but also it can be just as dangerous as ridding the world of said ideas.

I also believe the idea that the abolishment of religion would deturing senseless wars and killings is a foolish idea. There was senseless killing before religion, during religion and I'm sure if it is ever abolished there will be senseless killing after it too, an interesting fact to note that Islamic extremists that go on to cause war and terror (often the 'go to' example for the reason why religion is terrible) are young, influencable boys that are lied to about the Islamic faith, their views and perceptions twisted by deplorable men that often pose as religious leaders that don't wish to spread their faith, or their ideas, only bring harm and forward their often greedy wants and gains.

There are many instances in any faith, or any idea in general where people will manipulate others for their own gain (Charles Manson and Hitler are the perfect example) and to be against religion alone would be folly, I war against the human idea/ideas would be a much more effective way of deturing war. Transorbital lobotomys are the solution, once that frontal lobe is in the shitter there will be peace on earth <3

(The frontal lobe is what is thought to control higher order thinking)

Last edited:

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
How about all of the above? (Grew up in Christian home mind you)
More specifically I like all religions and they're interesting in their own way. (even those that are considered "taboo")

Ame

Haha, I was debating if I should tick the 'you can has multiple choice' button for the poll but when ya think about it most of those religions are exclusive, and if you belong to one you can't belong to the other sort of thing eg. 'If you truely accepted Jesus into your heart you would know that he is the only way" Is something I hear all the time from friends who are christian. Then there is the obvious Atheist example where you can't follow a religion and be Atheist lol.

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
Yeah I know that's why people find me weird. I'm more about learning about the religion then following it and I'm willing to say I'm naive for believing in everything. I believe there was a Jesus and I believe there was a Shiva that's just little old me being in my own twisted world heheh

chesse20

god isn't real

religon is bad and it should be abolished as it is holding us back in terms of advancement as a civilization , for example Christianity in the United States holding back homosexuality freedom, stem cell research , and cloning of human beings. Another example is Islam holding back human rights and freedom of expression and stuff in 3rd world countries.

The only good example of a religon I can think off is Buddhism because they used their spiritual powers to do wack ass shit like regulate their body temperatures and heartbeats and I have even heard that tulpa conjuring or whatever was taken from Buddhists.
im not religious

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
I'm agnostic, so I can't vote here...but then again I've been told agnostics are just atheists with commitment issues.