• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Religion in the Furry Community

Which Organised Religion Do You Adhere To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
That would rather be like me moving to live next to an abattoir only to proceed to tell the owners that I think they should farm vegetables instead.

The comments on the video are quite frightening, and there are a considerable collection of comments which 'praise jebus' for showing the muslims who's boss...and numerous comments about where 'different races of people belong,'.

The comment that sticks out the most is: "that's right, back from where they came from in the first place, The Middle East!
They're infesting our lands with their idiotic islamic backward ways, & NOT respecting our cultures or ways, as they try to breed us out of existence in OUR OWN lands!!"

...it's exactly what invading Christians, from Europe, did to the native Americans, so there are a lot of uneasy almost hypocritical undertones.

Last edited:

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
That would rather be like me moving to live next to an abattoir only to proceed to tell the owners that I think they should farm vegetables instead.

The comments on the video are quite frightening, and there are a considerable collection of comments which 'praise jebus' for showing the muslims who's boss...and numerous comments about where 'different races of people belong,'.

The most compelling comment is: "that's right, back from where they came from in the first place, The Middle East!
They're infesting our lands with their idiotic islamic backward ways, & NOT respecting our cultures or ways, as they try to breed us out of existence in OUR OWN lands!!"

...it's exactly what invading Christians, from Europe, did to the native Americans, so there are a lot of uneasy almost hypocritical undertones.

There's always hypocritical undertones. Just look up SJWs on Tumblr.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrkiO529EJ4

just another reason why religion is stupid
people expect you to bend over backwards for them just because they worship an invisible man.

This whole situation is just so damn stupid... Muslims hate pigs. SO WHY DID THEY BUY LAND NEXT TO A FUCKING PIG FARM?! o_O It just makes no fucking sense!
And now that guy has to move? It's just as you said, they do expect you to bend over backwards.

Fallowfox

This whole situation is just so damn stupid... Muslims hate pigs. SO WHY DID THEY BUY LAND NEXT TO A FUCKING PIG FARM?! o_O It just makes no fucking sense!
And now that guy has to move? It's just as you said, they do expect you to bend over backwards.

Agreed. Unfortunately a great many people are, rather than regarding that as a stupid decision on the part of the man who made the purchase- and manipulative nasty beavhiour, using the anecdote to justify extreme and racist vitriol. [one woman in the comments uses this instance to produce an argument for dehumanising mexicans...mexicans]

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Agreed. Unfortunately a great many people are, rather than regarding that as a stupid decision on the part of the man who made the purchase- and manipulative nasty beavhiour, using the anecdote to justify extreme and racist vitriol. [one woman in the comments uses this instance to produce an argument for dehumanising mexicans...mexicans]

There is a tiny bit of truth to that though. The quran calls for a rather aggressive spread of islam on "enemy territory". Why do you think they already have 60 mosques there? :p I'm not buying the whole "we want to build a community center" thing.
But yeah, those comments are ridiculous...

Fallowfox

There is a tiny bit of truth to that though. The quran calls for a rather aggressive spread of islam on "enemy territory". Why do you think they already have 60 mosques there? :p I'm not buying the whole "we want to build a community center" thing.
But yeah, those comments are ridiculous...

I think the attempts of religious communities to spread themselves are pretty obvious in most religions, yes.

Texan missionaries have recently started arriving in the UK and the Czech republic etc to 'save our atheistic European souls'.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I think the attempts of religious communities to spread themselves are pretty obvious in most religions, yes.

Texan missionaries have recently started arriving in the UK and the Czech republic etc to 'save our atheistic European souls'.

Send them to either Dortmund or Bochum, Germany please. I would like to have a word with them. And by word I mean booting them back to Texas.

Fallowfox

Send them to either Dortmund or Bochum, Germany please. I would like to have a word with them. And by word I mean booting them back to Texas.

They enjoy only meagre success. I feel our wider public's complete apathy towards them is probably the best thing.

They can sometimes be very humorous people. I recall seeing one woman, a missionary from texas, competing on a television cooking show in England. She prayed to God for divine culinary assistance- as if the master of the universe would answer her calls for the perfect souffle, but continue to ignore the plight of sub-saharan Africa, or of human trafficking victims.

She won, though. Divine agency? Who knows...

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I just hate it when they try so hard to spread their shit. In the city where I work jehovah's witnesses are everywhere. They once stood in the hall of the central station with 8 people holding watchtower flyers and they are at every subway station.
Best things I have heard from them so far?
"Naaaa the world is never going to end and the sun will never blow up!" When I told them that in the distant future the earth will actually be destroyed and their paradise with it.
"Evolution is just a theory! :3" Every time I talked to them about evolution.
And one guy once cursed me out and called me a heretic. I was very proud about that :3

But I have since given up talking to them. I realized that talking to idiots just puts you down on their level and I always feel like strangling someone after talking to them...

Noa Qep

I align with Agnostic, since while I don't necessarily conform to any single religion, I just can't shake the notion that there might be something out there, as I don't know everything there is on "the other side."

P

Phoenix-Kat

Christian...but when I encounter other Christians in person, I might as well be an atheist. I'm so sick of people asking me to go to church or getting church invites AFTER I've told the same person I simply do not do church at least a hundred times. Most Christians I knew were only "Christians" on Sunday. Every other day of the week it was okay to be a total jerk. I guess "love thy neighbor as thy self" only applies on Sunday or these people didn't love themselves. I've also noticed a LOT of Christians have this perception that animals are nothing more than biological robots that humans are free to kill, abuse and torture as they wish. My opinions about animals and how they should be treated always made me a laughing stalk among other so-called Christians.

Nyeowzers

I am the only Shinto! Actually it is a family thing, married into it. But the thing I like most about it, I can be Shinto plus, pretty much any other religion, which Wiccan wasn't an option, so picked Shinto.
used to love when the Jehovah witnesses would come around and ask if I wanted to live in a paradise with no suffering, and I answer them with a dead serious "No" and explain why. Can't grow, can't appreciate life and beauty without learning through suffering... Sucks but makes our souls grow. ( anyway that's my view on it) loved deconstructing all their arguments... Helped having a BA is philosophy too.

tehashi

...I've also noticed a LOT of Christians have this perception that animals are nothing more than biological robots that humans are free to kill, abuse and torture as they wish. My opinions about animals and how they should be treated always made me a laughing stalk among other so-called Christians.

But don't you know that only humans have souls and therefor are the only living things that mean anything? :V
Always hated that line of thinking when my parents brought me to church.

Fallowfox

I find it quite confusing that, according to a large number of Christians, only Christians who agree with their ethical views are 'real Christians'.

Why are they the fake Christians, rather than you?

In my view you're all Christians, and some of you are nice people and some of you are nasty people- but this doesn't mean you are or are not Christians.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I find it quite confusing that, according to a large number of Christians, only Christians who agree with their ethical views are 'real Christians'.

Why are they the fake Christians, rather than you?

In my view you're all Christians, and some of you are nice people and some of you are nasty people- but this doesn't mean you are or are not Christians.

That is a very good question and I am curious about that as well. The others are never "true christians"... It's pretty silly in my opinion :T

Kit H. Ruppell

I've also noticed a LOT of Christians have this perception that animals are nothing more than biological robots that humans are free to kill, abuse and torture as they wish. My opinions about animals and how they should be treated always made me a laughing stalk among other so-called Christians.
This is one of the main reasons I despise the sand-scum religions, and the feeble-minded brutes that created them.
People wonder why humans are so cruel to other species? You just answered the question, at least for over half the world.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

That is a very good question and I am curious about that as well. The others are never "true christians"... It's pretty silly in my opinion :T

If all the claims about people not being 'true' christians were correct, there would be no christians at all.

It's depressing how frequent this claim is voiced, over even trivial things. This is the second time I've read the claim today, on a forum. First time someone was insisting that any christians who weren't literal creationists weren't 'true'.

This is one of the main reasons I despise the sand-scum religions, and the feeble-minded brutes that created them.
People wonder why humans are so cruel to other species? You just answered the question.

You suggested, in another thread, that eugenics and the systematic disposal of disabled people were preferable.

Why should anyone give a flying fuck what you think about cruelty?

Kit H. Ruppell

You suggested, in another thread, that eugenics and the systematic disposal of disabled people were preferable.

Why should anyone give a flying fuck what you think about cruelty?

Because if they're of the same intelligence, and neither has harmed anyone, there's no intelligent reason that they shouldn't be treated equally like shit. But one is treated like royalty, while the other like a cheap plaything.
This 'order' is a sacred cow for so many people, and the main reason it is perceived to exist is because of ancient mythology.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Because if they're of the same intelligence, and neither has harmed anyone, there's no intelligent reason that they shouldn't be treated equally like shit. But one is treated like royalty, while the other like a cheap plaything.
This 'order' is a sacred cow for so many people, and the main reason it is perceived to exist is because of ancient mythology.

Ancient mythology is not the reason that we take care of mentally disabled humans. It's empathy and, dare I suggest, a dash of decency.

I think avoiding unnecessary suffering of any sentient creatures is preferable too, but I don't think you have anything meaningful to add on the subject of cruelty, because you have made the audacious claim that, if you can't think of an reason not to brutalise vulnerable people, then it must be okay...or even encourage.

If you want to criticise other people for being cruel to animals with any credibility, then you have to renege upon your arguments that excuse cruelty against your own kin.

jtrekkie

Feathered
It's depressing how frequent this claim is voiced, over even trivial things. This is the second time I've read the claim today, on a forum. First time someone was insisting that any christians who weren't literal creationists weren't 'true'.

There are two reasons why a person might say that. What your talking about is all of these arguments about views and ethics (that's too vague, I have a better word but I'm too tired to think.) Christianity is very narrowly defined, and those things don't have anything to do with religion in the first place. For example, whether an animal has a soul is talked about in the Bible, and doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. It is very silly, and we shouldn't think that way. Then, sometimes people use it to mean they think a person is just flaky.

More rarely, the other reason is a thing called simulation, as opposed to dissimulation. If that's too archaic I mean something like being an imposter. There are a number of people like that out there, for various reasons, and that is what they are referring to when the say "they aren't true". What happens is that people exaggerate by comparing the second to the first.