• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Religion in the Furry Community

Which Organised Religion Do You Adhere To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ame

Lol I don't know about you but I could imagine furries rising up and taking over the world :p with their fursuits as their uniforms etc etc. Its an interesting thought

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I did explain in an earlier post about how any idea can be used to promote war and evil, such as anti-semitism and even anti-theism if used in the wrong hands. And Creationists have every right to speculate the universe was created however way they like hahaha there is nothing wrong with that, its just a differant idea, whether it is wrong or right is yet to be seen lol.

It has already been demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that the creation myths of any world religion are false. We already have a reasonable and predictive model of our planet's formation and development by well known natural processes.

This isn't 'the end' of the story of the cosmos, but it is the end for creation myths and magical monsters.

ADF

Furry is a predominantly online sub-culture. Given the Internet is where religions go to die, their dirty laundry hung up for everyone to see, it's not too surprising furries would have a larger non-believer to believer ratio than the typical population.

And Creationists have every right to speculate the universe was created however way they like hahaha there is nothing wrong with that, its just a differant idea, whether it is wrong or right is yet to be seen lol.

Creationist's right to faith ended the moment they tried to get it taught in science class, those cowards deserve everything they receive and more.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I don't have a religion as such, but I'm not an atheist.
Guess you could call me agnostic? Maybe? Nah...

If you don't believe in a god or a higher power you are per definition an atheist.
Agnosticism just says that you acknowledge that it is impossible to know about the existence of a god, but it doesn't explain what you believe.
For example, you can be an agnostic theist. A person who doesn't know whether a god exists but who believes in it anyway.
Or an agnostic atheist who doesn't know whether a god exists and who doesn't believe in it.
There are also gnostic theists and atheists. People who claim to know whether god exists or not. Those are the most unreasonable positions to have in this situation because claiming to have knowledge about something that is unknowable is stupid.

tisr

I exist perhaps
Believing in something that cannot be proven to exist, or even proven to not exist, is being delusional.

I consider myself an igtheist, which claims that the concept of a god cannot be understood, and is thus a meaningless term. Because the existence of a god is unknowable, untestable, and unfalsifiable, it is impossible to make any practical prediction on the nature of a god. Thus, the concept of a god is meaningless.

Last edited:

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
was first a christian
became angry rebellious athiest/satanist
became confused
now following Buddhism, as i have yet to find anything wrong with it

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
was first a christian
became angry rebellious athiest/satanist
became confused
now following Buddhism, as i have yet to find anything wrong with it

The hardcore buddhists on Sri Lanka will fuck you up if you have anything Buddha related with you: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lanka-for-having-a-buddha-tattoo-9274681.html
They liereally can't guarantee your safety if you go there if you do and you will be asked to leave. So much for friendly buddhist monks!

Every religion has its nutjobs. They are all the same dangerous nonsense, at least to some extend.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
The hardcore buddhists on Sri Lanka will fuck you up if you have anything Buddha related with you: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lanka-for-having-a-buddha-tattoo-9274681.html
They liereally can't guarantee your safety if you go there if you do and you will be asked to leave. So much for friendly buddhist monks!

Every religion has its nutjobs. They are all the same dangerous nonsense, at least to some extend.
looks more like a case of crazy government to me.
this doesn't say anything about a Buddhist attacking a tourist for having tattoos
It specifically says that the woman was arrested by a police officer at an airport because they thought that it would be offensive.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
looks more like a case of crazy government to me.
this doesn't say anything about a Buddhist attacking a tourist for having tattoos
It specifically says that the woman was arrested by a police officer at an airport because they thought that it would be offensive.

Extremist buddhists attacking muslims:
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/...sri-lanka-mob-attacks-201461663841177637.html
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...a-tourist-resorts-after-buddhist-mob-violence
Extremist buddhists attacking christians:
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_14A/Jan12_1389543758CH.php

There really is no denying that all religions have their crazy fucktards, whether you like it or not. They are all the damn same.

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
Extremists are everywhere unfortunately. Whether it's religion, movies, or video games there are always those who takes thing too far. There could even be extremist furries.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
There are. They're the ones who are easily offended by the word "furfag" and believe furry shit is a sexual orientation/prejudiced minority.

The most laughable extremists in the world!

They are also the ones who fuck everything that moves at cons and who are really pushy with their moronic fetishes.
So they are pretty much the ones the media would focus on when talking about furfags :p

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
They are also the ones who fuck everything that moves at cons and who are really pushy with their moronic fetishes.
So they are pretty much the ones the media would focus on when talking about furfags :p
They also believe killing humans for hunting foxes (ie, pest control because foxes are pests) is totally fine.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Furry is an idea, so does that mean we can promote war and evil? The evil part I can get, but war?

people have gone to war for crazy ides before,so I don't see why not...

Of course, fursuits would be far from ideal combat apparel,being heavy and hot and such, but then again I ghillie up quite regularly, and those things (ghillie suits, the legit netting and burlap ones not the shirt/pants with cut out leaves on them) are just as bad or worse than my fursuit, and people wear those into combat all the time, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Extremists are everywhere unfortunately. Whether it's religion, movies, or video games there are always those who takes thing too far. There could even be extremist furries.

When one is claiming their religion serves to enlighten, the inspiration of extremists is a big embarrassment. If supposed divine enlightenment is no better than any other moral system, what exactly are religions for?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I fear no god and follow no savage.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Of course I am concentrating on christianity. It is the fairy tale that is causing the most trouble in the west.
But I do think that the other religions are a load of wet farts, too. None of it is based on evidence and believing in things that are not based on evidence, and some times even factually refuted, is plain dangerous and in my honest opinion also extremely stupid.

Also, why aren't you writing the word "god" in full? It's just a word, that is pretty annoying...
I believe that writing it as G-d has it's roots in judaism. I can't remember the exact reason for it though. Probably because the name(s) of God are forbidden from being spoken by anyone other than the Kohen Gadol in Rabbinic Judaism, or possibly because of this:
Wikipedia said:
In Jewish tradition the sacredness of the divine name or titles must be recognized by the professional sofer (scribe) who writes Torah scrolls, or tefillin and mezuzah. Before transcribing any of the divine titles or name he prepares mentally to sanctify them. Once he begins a name he does not stop until it is finished, and he must not be interrupted while writing it, even to greet a king. If an error is made in writing it may not be erased, but a line must be drawn round it to show that it is canceled, and the whole page must be put in a genizah (burial place for scripture) and a new page begun.

Krysch

Buddhist in that I believe in the concepts it promotes of compassion, mindfulness, meditation, karma etc.
Of course, these concepts could really come about from anywhere, religion or not, buddhism just happened to be the vessel I jumped on to get across the river.

Other ideas, like creationism, afterlife/rebirth etc. I just kinda look at and think, well, I can't say for sure why I/we are here, or where we go after here, if anywhere, so screw it, forget about before and after life and just worry about what I can actually see for certain.

Esper Husky

If you don't believe in a god or a higher power you are per definition an atheist.
Agnosticism just says that you acknowledge that it is impossible to know about the existence of a god, but it doesn't explain what you believe.
For example, you can be an agnostic theist. A person who doesn't know whether a god exists but who believes in it anyway.
Or an agnostic atheist who doesn't know whether a god exists and who doesn't believe in it.
There are also gnostic theists and atheists. People who claim to know whether god exists or not. Those are the most unreasonable positions to have in this situation because claiming to have knowledge about something that is unknowable is stupid.

I never really gave it all that much more thought, but thank you for this post -- as I guess "agnostic theist" is where I'd stand / reside, or something close to it, or like it?

Along the lines of: "I believe in the existence of a higher power. I don't really know what it is or what's out there. But I have some sort of sense that something like that exists."

Whether I have faith or not in such a thing is kinda odd or confusing, though, maybe -- like a poor childhood that grew me bitter and cynical robbed me of seeing such a thing sensibly.

Barkley

Yay! For once I'm in the largest percentage on a "religion" chart. Glad to know there are so many fellow Atheist furs out there!

Barkley

Believing in something that cannot be proven to exist, or even proven to not exist, is being delusional.

I consider myself an igtheist, which claims that the concept of a god cannot be understood, and is thus a meaningless term. Because the existence of a god is unknowable, untestable, and unfalsifiable, it is impossible to make any practical prediction on the nature of a god. Thus, the concept of a god is meaningless.
You basically gave the exact definition of Agnosticism. So, you are an agnostic.