• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Religion megathread-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barak

Local Hero
Imma go Start a Deo fan club, anyone wanna join ? :V

On topic :

Ever had a relative that before a big event always say "I'll be praying for you" and if you suceed it's because of God and not because of your skills or your efforts ?

~secret~

Banned
Banned
Ever had a relative that before a big event always say "I'll be praying for you" and if you suceed it's because of God and not because of your skills or your efforts ?

Yep. My grandmother's forever lighting candles for me. I be nice about it though, it's a thoughtful gesture after all.

R

Rukh_Whitefang

What? Now I'm labeling you? No Rukh, my past is not what makes me dislike you. It's what you say that counts there. I am only honest with you, that's all.

How the hell did you miscombobulate what I said into me blaming you? I even said that I'm not angry at the people who did this to me. Why do you never listen to what I say? Really now. Can you not read? Are you dyslexic? Is there some sort of filter in your mind that turns words produced by atheists into indecipherable languages? Because otherwise this putting words into my mouth has got to stop.

But in quoting the Bible you cite your source. Other times you do not. And in not citing you are committing plagiarism which is theft. I'm not asking for an MLA works cited page, just a "hey this info is from here and it's not my original words!"

It's still stealing. Go to the bottom of those pages, I bet 9 times out of 10 there is a copy right statement. It's still stealing. Please stop trying to get away with it. Suck it up and stop doing it. It's not that damn hard to do, all right?

What? I'm talking about how you misquote me constantly in order to set up a strawman. You put words in my mouth directly. I don't count you voicing your opinion as putting words into my mouth. And I'm not shoving anything on you. I know I'll never change how you feel. I don't want to. I just want to state my views. And you're taking this way to seriously.

I don't forgive you for lying about what I say. Or stealing the thoughts of others and presenting them as your own. I'm betting you never went to college as that shit would get you thrown out on your ass before you could blink.

Then why do you adamantly refuse to stop putting words in my mouth? Then why do you continue, without remorse, to steal and plagiarize?

I've said this before too, I DO NOT KNOW. I can say that it is highly unlikely that god exists. And I can make arguments against it based on evidence and logic. However I have NEVER claimed to EVER be "better than" you. NOT ONCE. LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY RUKH, AND NOT JUST INSERT WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR. YOU MAY ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT MY CHARACTER OF BEING. And right now you're the one who sounds like they are trying to say they are 'better than' the other. YOU even feel it's necessary to write "even though you've only read it twice" as if my reading it doesn't matter at all, and because you've read it more you're better. I already told you that I have more respect for you because you've read it rather than preaching about it without reading it like most 'christians' do. I've told you that three times. Do you remember those times Rukh? Well this is the fourth. Probably you don't because you also seem to think I hate christians, and that I put words in your mouth despite the fact that I go to great lengths to quote what you post accurately. I read over 120 pages of your posts to make sure I never lied about what you said or misquoted you or put words in your mouth. And the fact that you never offer me the same respect pisses me off.

Did you miss the part where I was a devout Christian for years? I read the Bible to become stronger in my faith. I read it wanting desperately to believe. I longed for God. I still do sometimes. But I refuse to believe in a malicious God.

Why do you feel it is necessary to make my opinions worthless Rukh? So I don't believe, it doesn't mean that I can't read and I don't understand. It just means that we disagree.

Didn't you just accuse me of thinking myself better than you? Well here you are telling me you're better than me. This is, again, hypocrasy Rukh.

Semantics. People were killed. Their lives were taken. This is never moral.

First off, Yes, I did go to college. I have an associates degree in applied science. Just an fyi since you say I never went to college.
As for taking things seriously, Life is serious. I can't joke around with my faith. Its not something to joke about. If you don't want to change how I feel, then why do you keep telling me that I am interpreting the Bible wrong? why do you keep telling God isn't a loving God? Why do you keep telling me he doesn't exist? Seems like you want me to stop believing. And I don't think you ever said you once claimed to be a Christian. First time I ever heard that from you.

As for continuing to say God is malicious. You forget that not one person is innocent according to God. We all deserve death and separation from Him. And yet he choose to save us anyways. Goid is not this hippy dude. God is love and mercy, but he is also a God who wants all of you, not part of you. God is a judge, a just judge. To me, its seems like you have tried to make God into what you wanted Him to be, and not who He actually is.

Since no one is innocent, and we all deserve death, how is God not moral when he is exacting out the judgment we so rightly deserve?

Nail_bunny

First off, Yes, I did go to college. I have an associates degree in applied science. Just an fyi since you say I never went to college.
As for taking things seriously, Life is serious. I can't joke around with my faith. Its not something to joke about. If you don't want to change how I feel, then why do you keep telling me that I am interpreting the Bible wrong? why do you keep telling God isn't a loving God? Why do you keep telling me he doesn't exist? Seems like you want me to stop believing. And I don't think you ever said you once claimed to be a Christian. First time I ever heard that from you.

As for continuing to say God is malicious. You forget that not one person is innocent according to God. We all deserve death and separation from Him. And yet he choose to save us anyways. Goid is not this hippy dude. God is love and mercy, but he is also a God who wants all of you, not part of you. God is a judge, a just judge. To me, its seems like you have tried to make God into what you wanted Him to be, and not who He actually is.

Since no one is innocent, and we all deserve death, how is God not moral when he is exacting out the judgment we so rightly deserve?

Still sounds like an asshole to me.

Honestly if I knew god was going to be a judgmental douche at the end of my sinful life I would have chosen not to be born.
Just like If I could I would choose not to be born under a ruthless dictatorship.

It's just not a very nice or fair concept to me.

Smart_Cookie

I baked y'all an apple pie!

Well, first and foremost, your god doesn't exist.

Second, you never answered my question. Rukh, would you define christians that interpret the bible differently than you (Babies going to hell, people needing good works too to get into heaven, etc) as "Half Christian", and if so would you say they got into heaven?

Third, these underlined bits are clearly not true.

Fourth, But assuming he did exist for the sake of argument, hypothetically it's a problem of creating beings he knew in advance wouldn't be able to live up to his standard. Now, while an over 2-3rds (not taking into account the different sects claiming the other sects are all going to hell or the fact christianity was a tiny minority until the end of the roman era and didn't even exist until like 200 ad) failure rate on souls might be fine for you, it is certainly not acceptable to people with any sense of decent design, let alone morals due to what happens to the rejected souls. I could not only vastly improve the ethical ramifications but also the soul retrieval rate of that project by installing an "Oh, well, I guess we're not being tortured forever but we're not being rewarded either." for borderline cases, and a "Well it's not HEAVEN but it's still pretty nice." for noble heathens.

But your god clearly doesn't do that. He made everyone imperfect by nature and then blames them for it, casting them all into hell unless they brownnose him enough. This is not what a kind, just, or loving god would do. This isn't even what a sane god would do. Nobody deserves eternal torture for anything, it's not only the worst atrocity concievable, but it's also entirely and utterly pointless. Your god isn't just a dick,

Your god is evil Rukh. And non-existant.

Also, since I forgot to mention this earlier, the trinity isn't a basic concept of christianity. The only requirement to being a christian is believing christ atoned for you. That's it. It doesn't matter whether you also like Mary or think he was black or that god had multiple personality disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarian

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

I'm not flicking through this TL;DR thread but here's my two cents on the topic:

At one point in the Bible, god killed about 6 million people on a whim, whilst satan killed like, 8, with god's assistance. People only bow to god because he rules with an iron fist and they fear him, and he indoctrinates others to beleive that every other deity is false and evil. You should consider looking up satanism and the "lie of christianity" and you will see that god's number one enemy is the good guy.

I really don't think that the bible should be treated as a historical document because that only causes problems. A good way to treat that and all other religious documents is as a "guide to life." What kind of things does Jesus tell people to do? Love thy neighbor and all that? Do those things and call yourself a christian because that's how you choose to go about life. Don't go saying that we should all fear god's wrath that we get for doing evil things, just go on a sense of what's right and wrong to you. If you're gonna preach to others don't say that we got some crazy mofo looking down upon us from the skies, waiting to get us to heaven, apparently. Just say what's a good way to live and what's not. Screw spirits and ghosts and shit, like the angel and the demon.

Anyway, if you consider that there's anything worth worshipping, it's the planet we're on.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Here's my two cents people are idiots in general, it's just that religion is organized therefore more successful at it.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
God is going to smite you for reviving your own thread almost immediately.

But... how can one smite if one does not exist?

CannonFodder

God is going to smite you for reviving your own thread almost immediately.
I never disappointalways disappoint :p

Religion is huge.. i wish i wasn't raised as a christian so i could choose for myself without disappointing some people.

alltough i have nothing against the different religions they're all just different ways of keeping people busy, good, selfish and once in a while things go bad and stuff explodes.
wich has been happening a lot lately..

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Looks like we lost about five or so pages of this thread in the restore :(

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
(yay board is up! *clings like a crack addict*)

Do we really want to restart this trainwreck?

Hmm, posts on the previous page look very familiar. I too wonder if some pages are missing.

Last edited:

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Religion and Lack of religion are both for idiots!

No need to discuss. I know I'm right.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
It's no fun without Deo or Rukh, or that one Mormon Porcupine guy though.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I'm taking a scripture class for two reasons. One, I got to a religious affiliated school and need to take six credits of religion, and two, well the first one. But I know the teacher, and he's a cool guy. So the class should be fun.

But the Bible isn't a regular Bible, it's some college one :( So I couldn't illegally download my textbook for that class. Irony lost this round.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
Advancement through knowledge, cooperation, and science is how the world works. When people still believe the Earth is flat, or that in the sky lives an invisible old white man wearing a bathrobe I am dumbfounded. I am a determinist. I believe in science. Religion is supposed to aid people, but the greedy use it to further their own agendas. Why can't we all get along and stop burning people at the stake, oppressing people who we don't like, and starting wars? Oh and Scientology is Mormonism 2.0. If You are offended then, well be offended. That means you believe in what you believe and won't change your mind. Whatever.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Advancement through knowledge, cooperation, and science is how the world works. When people still believe the Earth is flat, or that in the sky lives an invisible old white man wearing a bathrobe I am dumbfounded. I am a determinist. I believe in science. Religion is supposed to aid people, but the greedy use it to further their own agendas. Why can't we all get along and stop burning people at the stake, oppressing people who we don't like, and starting wars? Oh and Scientology is Mormonism 2.0. If You are offended then, well be offended. That means you believe in what you believe and won't change your mind. Whatever.
This is why I made this thread to keep copypasta like this from the rest of faf. 95% of the posts on this thread are copypasta.

Thou Dog

Faith is a tricky thing. You can't really make yourself believe in what you don't already believe in.

As for holy scriptures, the fun thing about holy scriptures is that they were written down by human beings. Whether or not you believe they were divinely inspired, the scribes were human and nothing more. So you can read the scripture and go "This is really neat poetry", or in the case of Song of Songs, "This is incredibly licentious poetry", and just appreciate it for what it is: the handiwork of humankind.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
This is why I made this thread to keep copypasta like this from the rest of faf. 95% of the posts on this thread are copypasta.

That word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. The only actual copypasta has been from Rukh.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Can this thread end? Can it? Please? Its outlived its usefulness 2000 posts ago. Petitioning to get it closed nao.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Faith is a tricky thing. You can't really make yourself believe in what you don't already believe in.

As for holy scriptures, the fun thing about holy scriptures is that they were written down by human beings. Whether or not you believe they were divinely inspired, the scribes were human and nothing more. So you can read the scripture and go "This is really neat poetry", or in the case of Song of Songs, "This is incredibly licentious poetry", and just appreciate it for what it is: the handiwork of humankind.

I think the word we are looking for when you think of the Bible is "allegory".

People forget that the scripture was printed on earthy materials and written by man to teach people how to be a better person (Rape, incest, and other things aside). When people take it literally as if it was handed down on divine golden plates written by angels and given to the nearest shmoe drunk off of beer, wine, high off of Opium, or infected with syphillus, there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.