• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Remember that ticket i told you about.

foxhunter

is hunting you
well i got the fine in the mail today. IT WAS 377.00 FUCKING DOLLARS WHAT THE FUCK. for a penal code violation. that is flat out extortion. i wont be able to pay my bills if im forced to pay and if i dont i go to jail

foxhunter

is hunting you
me and my friends were in the park chilling. i was star gazing cop rolls up singles me out to use me as example and tickets me and no one else. (in a nut shell) no drugs no beer just chilling. god i hope that cop gets shot and dies FUCK HIM AND THE CALIFORNIA JUDICIAL SYSTEM

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Better rob a bank to make ends meet.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Suck to be you. I'd pay it though, as they hunt you down and arrest you if you don't.

Comedy option- Don't pay it, and get pulled over. Enjoy your tasering.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
me and my friends were in the park chilling. i was star gazing cop rolls up singles me out to use me as example and tickets me and no one else. (in a nut shell) no drugs no beer just chilling.

You're not going to fight it?

god i hope that cop gets shot and dies FUCK HIM AND THE CALIFORNIA JUDICIAL SYSTEM

Don't blame the cop for having a quota. Blame him for being an asshole about it, sure. I think a minor fracture is justified. Death? Not so much.

/Okay, maybe we could just hope that he stubs his toe a few times.

foxhunter

is hunting you
yes im ganna fight this. and i wish death on him for singling me out and making me have to bring my friends to the court house. CA is wasting there time and mine. fuck if i end up in jail it ain't ganna look good on my military paperwork

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
Calm down, man. This isn't something to make a big statement out of. Hell, if you do take it to court, you'll probably end up paying more than you already are.

foxhunter

is hunting you
i shouldn't have to pay i was singled out which thay can't do. i should stand some chance. if not looks like im ganna do some time because i cant afford this.

Azure

Go to court, get a payment plan. They'll work one out for ya. The court costs are already in the ticket, so it can't hurt to try and fight it.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Go to court, get a payment plan. They'll work one out for ya. The court costs are already in the ticket, so it can't hurt to try and fight it.

I'd be very careful in my attitude, going into court. Last time I got a ticket (for 72 in a 45 zone, empty road at night), I ended up with a ticket for, I believe, something like $348... then I got the chilling shock of seeing a sign in the court waiting room saying that the actual cost of the ticket would be 5 to 6 times the base fine of $348. So, no, those extra costs are not in the ticket! Not in Kali, unfortunately. However, by exlaining myself to the judge, and being nice about it, he dropped the fine down to $20, so I only ended up paying about $120 for what would have been about a $1740 fine, or more. Yes, I was very lucky! (Though the judge warned me not to show up in his court again...)

First off, it would help to know the exact nature of your "infraction", as stated on your ticket, or by the officer. You could always face the officer in court, by giving a not guilty plea. If the officer doesn't show, then all is well and good. However, it would help to know what the officer said you did wrong, in order to earn the ticket. If I knew that, I'd have more to go on. However, revealing that information is for you to decide. Just watch yourself in court!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chameleo

I'd be very careful in my attitude, going into court. Last time I got a ticket (for 72 in a 45 zone, empty road at night), I ended up with a ticket for, I believe, something like $348... then I got the chilling shock of seeing a sign in the court waiting room saying that the actual cost of the ticket would be 5 to 6 times the base fine of $348. So, no, those extra costs are not in the ticket! Not in Kali, unfortunately. However, by exlaining myself to the judge, and being nice about it, he dropped the fine down to $20, so I only ended up paying about $120 for what would have been about a $1740 fine, or more. Yes, I was very lucky! (Though the judge warned me not to show up in his court again...)

First off, it would help to know the exact nature of your "infraction", as stated on your ticket, or by the officer. You could always face the officer in court, by giving a not guilty plea. If the officer doesn't show, then all is well and good. However, it would help to know what the officer said you did wrong, in order to earn the ticket. If I knew that, I'd have more to go on. However, revealing that information is for you to decide. Just watch yourself in court!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm wondering that myself. If I had to guess, him and his friends were more than likely trespassing and the officer had every power within his goddamn discretion to issue that citation. Also, wishing death upon a cop makes one lower than sewage.

Simply when you go see the judge about this, claim 'No Money' and they'll lower it.

Seriously, if you can't keep up with your bills and pay this off at the same time, they normally make a payment plan or lower it down for you or something. My Uncle did that, and they lowered his 120 dollar fine to a 40 dollar one.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
I once got a speeding ticket. I forget what they called it, but I paid some fee and they said that if I didn't get any more tickets for a year, that one would go away. If I did, I'd have to pay the fee for this one and the new one as well as have the points for both.

Maybe they have something like that?

Oh. And for the record, from experience, cops can't be trusted. If they say "Just go to court and you won't have to pay," what they really mean is "If you go to court, I'm going to be there and do everything in my power to make sure you pay as much as humanly possible."

Chameleo

I once got a speeding ticket. I forget what they called it, but I paid some fee and they said that if I didn't get any more tickets for a year, that one would go away. If I did, I'd have to pay the fee for this one and the new one as well as have the points for both.

Maybe they have something like that?

Oh. And for the record, from experience, cops can't be trusted. If they say "Just go to court and you won't have to pay," what they really mean is "If you go to court, I'm going to be there and do everything in my power to make sure you pay as much as humanly possible."

And people wonder why cops give out less written warnings anymore, it's because they perceive an "us vs. them" mentality because no one gives them the benefit of the doubt.

Catfiddle

I think that's really messed up that he singled you out. I've had something like that happen to me at the mall once (but not as extreme).

A friend and I were sitting on the bench having a rest between shops (it's a fairly large mall) when a cop, not a security guard, walks up and tells us to leave the mall if we're just going to sit! We asked why and tried to explain that we were just having a rest but then he kicked us out of the mall!

We went outside so I could call my mom to pick us up and the cop came over again telling us we couldn't even stand near the mall to wait for her! We really couldn't understand what we were doing wrong! Neither of us had done anything wrong! It was so frustrating and my friend was in tears...

People can be mean for no reason.

Azure

Further proof that California is the shitehole of the US. Looks like your screwed bud, just pay it and get on with life. I hear Ramen is pretty cheap and sustaining.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Further proof that California is the shitehole of the US. Looks like your screwed bud, just pay it and get on with life. I hear Ramen is pretty cheap and sustaining.

Funny you should mention that, since I'm pretty much living off the stuff (and lost about forty pounds).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------