• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reporting FurAffinity Bugs

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
If you find a bug on FurAffinity's perma beta site PLEASE report the problem here:
http://www.furpawz.net/fa/forums/viewtopic.php?t=298

List contains known bugs as well as bugs which have been fixed.

[ed. uncia2000]: Please do not post "MySQL Error" or slow down "bugs" on this thread. There are currently at least three threads "dedicated" to those. Thank you :)

Midnite

whoops

sorry bout htat, was reporting in the last post -_-

well, on ppl's userpage, the handles are being displayed wierd.. you know, aim, yahoo messenger, icq, etc.

Their stringing together rather than seperate... er. Just looksie at it, you'll see.

--midnite

Midnite

profiles

also, written personal profiles are not displayed at the top of userpages as before. THey dont show up anywhere really... Am i looking in the wrong places?

--midnite

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Re: profiles

Midnite said:
also, written personal profiles are not displayed at the top of userpages as before. THey dont show up anywhere really... Am i looking in the wrong places?

--midnite
If it's a bug, put it where bugs go:
http://www.furpawz.net/fa/viewtopic.php?p=1579#1579

BlackNexus

ahem...

hey everyone i just came bacj from a looong vacation and noticed the site was really gone :shock: :shock: :shock: ....

sssoooo.... where IS the new BETA site anyways?

Xax

I just kind of prefer to find them and then display them in the most dramatic way possible.

(not that it really matters, I can never seem to hit the beta when it's up)

vashdragon

Sorry ive been putting my list of bugs on the forum on the beta site. Is it ok to put them there or should we use this forum to report the bugs?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
vashdragon said:
Sorry ive been putting my list of bugs on the forum on the beta site. Is it ok to put them there or should we use this forum to report the bugs?
Use both. The more the bugs are known the better.

Redemption

faulty settings?

Why cant I seem to save my settings? I know its a beta, And i submitted a mature piece, but I cannot see it? I change my settings to ' YES' on mature, and it wont save.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Re: faulty settings?

Redemption said:
Why cant I seem to save my settings? I know its a beta, And i submitted a mature piece, but I cannot see it? I change my settings to ' YES' on mature, and it wont save.
Are you referring to the "Saber" image?

TORA

Banned
Banned
I can't even save the settings to see mature images... oh, bother. I'll just wait until FA is public again.

Redemption

I'm having the same problem as Tora, I can adjust my settins, But there is no way to store them. < Didnt there use to be < Save settings? > Well its missing, as because I cannot update my settings, I cant even veiw my own work. >

TORA

Banned
Banned
Redemption said:
I'm having the same problem as Tora, I can adjust my settins, But there is no way to store them. < Didnt there use to be < Save settings? > Well its missing, as because I cannot update my settings, I cant even veiw my own work. >

Actually, that is the problem I'm having, Redemption... no "save settings" button on the bottom of the form. The source code has it, but for some reason, it's not showing up cuz of a "syntax error" on line 2 of the code. ROWR!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
TORA said:
Redemption said:

Actually, that is the problem I'm having, Redemption... no "save settings" button on the bottom of the form. The source code has it, but for some reason, it's not showing up cuz of a "syntax error" on line 2 of the code. ROWR!
I re-organized the settings HTML a few days ago to place the more relavent information at the top and changed some context of the page. When I get home I'll take a look at it again and see what's going on with it.

I can see it fine in both IE and Firefox 1.5 Beta on my end, which is odd.

MistressVixen

Whoops!

I accedently put this in the other thread...

I can't login because the bug is the recover lost password.

But I realized I needed to reregister, so you might want to look into that.

StelardActek

A few bugs I found:

* I use this face < ^.^ > and others like it in my artist comments. The dipples (aka 'angle brackets') get translated into '&lt;' and '&gt;' when I view the submission.

* Editing does not work. I guess it's not implimented yet.

* The new UI doesn't seem to have an announcement up the top anymore. Is it supposed to?

* On the main page, I see multiples of a few pics under 'Recent Favourites'

EDIT:
Also, clicking on anything in recent favourites gets me redirected to something like this:

http://beta.furaffinity.net/view/[n]/RL=http://www.microsoft.com

Where [n] is a number that is not the same as that of the submission it is supposed the recent favourite is supposed to be of.

UnicornPrae

Backed Up Author
Clicking on a recent favourite sends me into a loop of page opening that leads nowhere as the picture fails to show. This may be the same as the last one but there is no description on the recent favourites either when there is one on the recent submissions.

Can't give a page it keeps cycling too much to copy or see where I am.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
UnicornPrae said:
Clicking on a recent favourite sends me into a loop of page opening that leads nowhere as the picture fails to show.
Yeah, we found this bug last night when the new theme was implemented. It'll be fixed reasonably soon, but not to worry, it's known. :)

Thanks for reporting it!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
StelardActek said:
* I use this face < ^.^ > and others like it in my artist comments. The dipples (aka 'angle brackets') get translated into '&lt;' and '&gt;' when I view the submission.
Can you give me the page that occured on? I responsed to several different pages with a wide variety of special characters last night and was not able to recreate that bug.

StelardActek said:
* Editing does not work. I guess it's not implimented yet.
Check again. :) We were still migrating to the new system when you checked that out last night.

StelardActek said:
* The new UI doesn't seem to have an announcement up the top anymore. Is it supposed to?
Good question. I also noticed that the Search feature was missing from the new layout last night, too, as I recall. I'll bring it up to Jheryn later, too.

StelardActek said:
That's because it records an entry for everytime some favorites a picture. If you see multiple copies, well... that's because multiple people liked it. We could potentiall refine it later to just bump the single copy of the image, but for the moment... that's how it works.

UnicornPrae

Backed Up Author
Eeeek now the site is huge a damn near infinite page but there are no function buttons. No way to submit browse or do anything. Has something gone wrong or is this a temp glitch just with me.

Okay I see some git has spammed the shout box with yamete going by the name of Xerxes candidate for suspension if there was one.

wut

UnicornPrae said:
Okay I see some git has spammed the shout box with yamete going by the name of Xerxes candidate for suspension if there was one.

One can't report bugs if bugs aren't demonstrated.

StelardActek

Preyfar said:
StelardActek said:
* I use this face < ^.^ > and ...
Can you give me the page that occured on? I responsed to several different pages with a wide variety of special characters last night and was not able to recreate that bug.
Seems this has been fixed in the mean time. The page I would have linked no longer has the problem. < ^.^ >

Preyfar said:
StelardActek said:
That's because it records an entry for everytime some favorites a picture. If you see multiple copies, well... that's because multiple people liked it. We could potentiall refine it later to just bump the single copy of the image, but for the moment... that's how it works.
It's just my opinion, but I think this is a bad idea. On a live system it would be far too easy for the entire section to be taken up wit copies of one image.