• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reporting FurAffinity Bugs

Fuzzyball

Every time I open a link in a new tab I get logged out.
Is this a design feature of FA to force us to only look at one thing at a time?
It didn't happen in the beta, so I'm guessing it's a bug.
I'm running Firefox 1.0.6 on Win2k with SP4.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Fuzzyball said:
Every time I open a link in a new tab I get logged out.
Is this a design feature of FA to force us to only look at one thing at a time?
It didn't happen in the beta, so I'm guessing it's a bug.
I'm running Firefox 1.0.6 on Win2k with SP4.
We've not got many reports about it, but we're getting a few. Looks like most of the people are able to stay in, but there could be a few sporadic issues.

I use Firefox 1.5 myself, not had any issue.

alumasqrl

not sure how to explain this as being anything other than a bug, so i'll post it here:

i've created a new account and imported my old submissions as well as submitted a few new ones.
one of the old submissions was a 3 minute mp3 file:

http://www.furaffinity.net/art/alumasqrl/stories/1115945904_hellswap.mp3

the problem is that whenever an old submission page is viewed (any drawing) there is an embedded quicktime player on the page that automatically starts playing this file even though i've gone so far as "deleting" the submission. (the file still exists though it doesn't show up in the gallery)

the player is not present on any of the pages generated for the newly submitted files.

i can see why the player would be present on the page generated for the submitted audio file, but not why it would be on all the pages, especially after the "submission" was removed. weird.

Hungryjackal

The Hungry One
I'm pretty sure this is some sort of bug. When you click the user icons from the "watch by" section of any user page, a new window opens instead of opening in the same window. It kinda gets annoying especially when you don't notice it and you end up with many windows.

orena

I found a bug using the search feature. Some words there are many results for (more then one page in any case) but when I try to view the next page it just takes me to the first page of regular unsearcher brousing and not the next page of search results.

I'm really sorry if this bug has already been reported

Aelius

hey all, I had asked around and it seems like this problem is hitting only a few members, not everyone, so I was wondering if something what happening. I kept being sent to the "MySql ERROR! Please check the logs for information on the error(s)" page every time I try to upload something into my gallery. Some of my friends were uploading just fine so I'm wondering is this is some localized glitch or anything like that? :)

orena

Aelius said:
hey all, I had asked around and it seems like this problem is hitting only a few members, not everyone, so I was wondering if something what happening. I kept being sent to the "MySql ERROR! Please check the logs for information on the error(s)" page every time I try to upload something into my gallery. Some of my friends were uploading just fine so I'm wondering is this is some localized glitch or anything like that? :)

I get that occasionally when I try to fave something, but it goes away when I hit the back button and try again. It seams to appear in different places for different people

eorpheus

Lately, when looking at my message center, the links to the pics that people have uploaded don't link to the correct picture. Sometimes it links to someone I don't know, sometimes it goes nowhere at all. Sometimes it's right. I don't know what's up with that.

Chikara

eorpheus said:
Lately, when looking at my message center, the links to the pics that people have uploaded don't link to the correct picture. Sometimes it links to someone I don't know, sometimes it goes nowhere at all. Sometimes it's right. I don't know what's up with that.

I'm having this problem too.

EDIT: I think it's just that those pics have disappeared in the rollback, so there not there to be linked to.

dinrael

alumasqrl said:

i've created a new account and imported my old submissions as well as submitted a few new ones.
one of the old submissions was a 3 minute mp3 file:

http://www.furaffinity.net/art/alumasqrl/stories/1115945904_hellswap.mp3

the problem is that whenever an old submission page is viewed (any drawing) there is an embedded quicktime player on the page that automatically starts playing this file even though i've gone so far as "deleting" the submission. (the file still exists though it doesn't show up in the gallery)

I'm seeing something similar (I think) in my account -- a story that I wrote is being appended to every image submission. I've removed the story, but every image after it still has it there. Frustrating.

For instance: http://furaffinity.net/view/13656/
(MATURE)

I don't really want to delete everything and start over, but that if that's the only way to fix it...

TORA

Banned
Banned
I dunno if this has been posted already, but I got a note, and couldn't respond to it with the reply button (404 error) and also couldn't click the name who sent it, as it linked to a non-existant user (didn't put in username in the URL).

-_-

So many problems...

FurryD

No idea if that's considered a bug, or rather a technical impossibility, but I noticed that when i browse FA with Internet Explorer (which I did only to test something else) I get nice tooltip-like things when hovering the mouse over the thumbnail images, with description, artist, and so on, which is a really nice feature, and very helpful. It does not work in Firefox though, which is the browser I'm usually browsing with (and I'm sure a lot of others too).

So yeah, I was wondering if it's a bug, something that can be fixed, or one of those things that simply only work in IE.

TORA

Banned
Banned
FurryD said:
No idea if that's considered a bug, or rather a technical impossibility, but I noticed that when i browse FA with Internet Explorer (which I did only to test something else) I get nice tooltip-like things when hovering the mouse over the thumbnail images, with description, artist, and so on, which is a really nice feature, and very helpful. It does not work in Firefox though, which is the browser I'm usually browsing with (and I'm sure a lot of others too).

So yeah, I was wondering if it's a bug, something that can be fixed, or one of those things that simply only work in IE.

If you look in the source code, it's for IE only, I believe.

FurryD

aw, darn. would've been nice. ah well.
maybe a normal tooltip could be used for browsers that it doesn't work on, at least with some basic info like the artist a submission is by, and maybe the submission date or something. well, just suggesting

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Browsing galleries using Konqueror (Version 3.5) appears to be broken. Both the "Back" and "Next" texts appear to not be clickable. Opening the Javascript Error viewer presents the following error:
Error: http://www.furaffinity.net/browse/xcode.js: SyntaxError: Parse error at line 2

Just thought I'd bring this up because I've been using Konqueror lately alot more than Firefox.

JSF

The "back" button doesn't work on FireFox. I have to use the backspace/return button on my browser.

And the "search" feature is very awkward. Don't know if it works like this, or what. o_O

Tabuu-Lion

FurryD said:

I've been sending them this script I found that works on all browsers, but I still haven't heard anything back. Even noted Preyfar and still no dice.

Gahtren

I dont know if this is a bug or not, but for some reason when I log on, and I go to an artists page, I get automatically logged off, and I really dont know how to fix that, some one told me that using FF (Firefox) solves the problem, but I use FF, I dont really know what the problem is.

panthra

CyberFoxx said:
Browsing galleries using Konqueror (Version 3.5) appears to be broken. Both the "Back" and "Next" texts appear to not be clickable. Opening the Javascript Error viewer presents the following error:
Error: http://www.furaffinity.net/browse/xcode.js: SyntaxError: Parse error at line 2

Just thought I'd bring this up because I've been using Konqueror lately alot more than Firefox.

I too am having this problem, it seems to be a small problem in an otherwise wonderfully working site.

Super kudos on getting it all back up though! Yay :D

Fennex

FurryD said:

That's the result of terribly outdated javascript.

Because I need something to distract me from more urgent matters I decided to make a greasemonkey script to fix this.

Because I'm feeling generous I decided to share it.

It should also work in Opera.

Rey

Is anyone else having problems uploading an avatar? Mine won't upload. It's a gif, and it's under 30Kb, but when I try to upload it, it just goes to my userpage, and the default avatar remains.

I am having trouble putting categories with my submissions... when I select the proper categories when I initially upload an image it will cancel and be listed without any information. It will work if I manually go back in and edit it a second time though... :?