• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reporting FurAffinity Bugs

Tabuu-Lion

Rey said:
Is anyone else having problems uploading an avatar? Mine won't upload. It's a gif, and it's under 30Kb, but when I try to upload it, it just goes to my userpage, and the default avatar remains.

Maybe you need to clear out your browser's cache. I always had to do that with mine before i saw a change

Zerophex

I think that the site refusing to upload pictures, stories, poetry, the likes is a problem around here.

You see, it seems that for no reason, FA will shove at some users the "This type of file is not allowed. Please upload a valid submission." error despite using correct file types, with correct sizes, using the correct filepath.

This is rathe frustrating. Explanations for this error?

Claw_MacKain

I keep having problems with the catgorizing... It allows me to set the first two catgories, but when I set the species and sex of the character of the pic being uploaded after it's uploaded the species and sex are set to the very first options and I have to go back and edit the pic to correct it...

Rey

Well, I checked in at FA today, and the avatar I uploaded was working, so all's well there, I suppose.

VJMorales

VJMorales
Bug report

I found a couple bugs on the site:
1) The "species" and "Gender" cathegories always say "undetermined" when I upload something, even if I select something from the list.
2) Other people's signatures are replaced by my own signature.

That's all I've found so far.

Claw_MacKain said:
when I set the species and sex of the character of the pic being uploaded after it's uploaded the species and sex are set to the very first options and I have to go back and edit the pic to correct it...

I had this same problem, but I found that if I set the species/sex/other categories after I select the picture, my selection is remembered and I don't have to edit it.

Picture submissions:

- I can't edit the picture itself after I've uploaded it; not to add a thumbnail or alter the picture itself.
- (echo) Species and sex always get reset to default when something is uploaded (/echo)

Other:

- Can't access multiple pages (it'll say if there's more, but they won't be clickable).

MidnightFury

Sparkle Fresh!
My "Registered since" date doesn't show up.

My "current mood" is also not visible.

Nor is my "type of artist"...

RuffyFox

I cannot update my settings, every time I try, I get this...

"Error: you may not post outside things to your settings..."

I'm not posting outside things, just the info that is asked for!

DolomiteDog

Pretty much the same problems as everyone else:
Can't stay logged on
"Registered Since", "Current Mood", and "Type of Artist" don't show
I can't edit the actual picture file.
The Species and Gender are set to unspecified/none, and nothing at all for gender.

runwiled

I tried marking stuff in my message centre as read and got this error:
MySql ERROR! Please check the logs for information on the error(s)

I didn't get it when marking artwork as 'read' only for anything in the watch notification, journal, favorites and comments area. Just brings up that MySQL error.

Clyde_Dale

Radio F Software said:
I am having trouble putting categories with my submissions... when I select the proper categories when I initially upload an image it will cancel and be listed without any information. It will work if I manually go back in and edit it a second time though... :?

Having a similar issue, although a bit more annoying...

I try and say it's a story, and it ends up submitted as artwork. I go back and manually edit the catagories, and sometimes it still won't co-operate. Sometimes it says it's a desktop for some strange reason. Other times it does something equally wierd, and the submission theme reverts to something like Abstract. And no matter what I do, there's even odds it'll say it's somthing else next time I go to edit it.

EDIT: I had to delete the submission, and re-submit it to get it to work properly. Even then, I think it screwed up somewhere, but at least it shows up when searching for Stories, so I'm going to chill and leave it where it is.

CanisLupisVulpe

A couple of things:

For the users that have multiple pages, whenever you're viewing the second page, the "back" button doesn't work.

I also noticed the number of submissions is broken. Somebody can have twenty pictures while it's says 0.

Ashaera

right, for a first post to these forums, i never wanted to post to this list, but here goes. when trying to reply to a note, or send one, i keep getting file not found errors when i hit the reply or send buttons after filling in the info. i've tried both intercrap exploiter and firefox, no difference. doesn't work in either

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Ashaera said:
right, for a first post to these forums, i never wanted to post to this list, but here goes. when trying to reply to a note, or send one, i keep getting file not found errors when i hit the reply or send buttons after filling in the info. i've tried both intercrap exploiter and firefox, no difference. doesn't work in either
I fixed that. It was an error on my part as I was trying to improve the system.

Almafeta

Journals are currently fubar'd; the text entry area for both title and body is about 25 pixels wide.

(os WinXP; browser Avant.)

uncia2000

Are there still issues on the "Browse Filters" page?
I'm still having difficulty "locking" my settings. Usually ends up wiping the lot when I press "Update Filter"... :)

Hardly "high priority" [ed. compared with the previous!], but somewhat RSI-inducing if it's going to be used properly.
(A single tick box at the top of each "group" to auto-tick the whole group might also be useful, if possible).

Gabe

Uploading Issues

Here is obviously one more bug, or atleast something wrong.
More and more seem to be unable to upload new art, as it only takes them directly to their latest uploaded image rather then seeing the new artwork they just uploaded.
This occur directly after the image is supposed to be posted, but is nowhere to be found.

It has happened to me.

uncia2000

Re: Uploading Issues

Gabe said:
Here is obviously one more bug, or atleast something wrong.
More and more seem to be unable to upload new art, as it only takes them directly to their latest uploaded image rather then seeing the new artwork they just uploaded.
This occur directly after the image is supposed to be posted, but is nowhere to be found.

It has happened to me.
*spots your other post*; http://www.furpawz.net/fa/forums/viewtopic.php?t=452
Yeah, that seems to be the one... :?

Interesting that the "bug" has been around for more than a week, but is becoming more prevalent, now: would tally with Guppy's analysis with regards to the effect of an increase in submissions, I'd guess...

Am sure this must be pretty close to the top of the "fix list".

Gabe

uncia2000 said:
*spots your other post*; http://www.furpawz.net/fa/forums/viewtopic.php?t=452
Yeah, that seems to be the one... :?

Interesting that the "bug" has been around for more than a week, but is becoming more prevalent, now: would tally with Guppy's analysis with regards to the effect of an increase in submissions, I'd guess...

Am sure this must be pretty close to the top of the "fix list".

Lol, yeah, otherwise it might get a bit dull if an art/music and story site didn't allowed anything new to be uploaded. :)

uncia2000

Gabe said:
Lol, yeah, otherwise it might get a bit dull if an art/music and story site didn't allowed anything new to be uploaded. :)
^^

Yeah, but there are still some uploads going through (somehow!), albeit a large number of partial/incomplete files and an unknown number of failures.
It is getting visibly worse, though, isn't it?

*wonders whether anyone's going to put a big note on the front screen*

(If Guppy's right- and his suggestion seems fair enough, since it's only the smaller files that are still uploading(?) - a short outage/tidy-up should at least buy some time).

Gabe

uncia2000 said:
^^

Yeah, but there are still some uploads going through (somehow!), albeit a large number of partial/incomplete files and an unknown number of failures.
It is getting visibly worse, though, isn't it?

*wonders whether anyone's going to put a big note on the front screen*

(If Guppy's right- and his suggestion seems fair enough, since it's only the smaller files that are still uploading(?) - a short outage/tidy-up should at least buy some time).

I really have no clue what is causing it and how it could be fixed, but I've never been good with coding and programing to begin with. :lol:

uncia2000

Gabe said:
I really have no clue what is causing it and how it could be fixed, but I've never been good with coding and programing to begin with. :lol:
Does seem to be a consistent issue re. only being able to upload so much of a given submission. Might happen when space is low or fragmented and thus Guppy's observation seems good to me.

No luck getting a hold of anyone tech side, but have left notes pointing to the appropriate posts.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to have a note on the front screen and/or put the system into browse-only mode (as a clearer indication that there's a problem!), but there's nothing I can do about that myself :?

On the plus side, having things go majorly wrong, I'd've thought that this is less likely to be allowed to happen again, rather than the periodic issue it has been causing, to-date :)
*is ever the optimist* ;)

=
Thanks again for the nudge on this!

uncia2000

Note added to front screen by Vitae re. uploading issue

(for anyone passing by) Best not to try uploading at present & await resolution of disk space issues, if that's what's up... :?

Sorry 'bout that news. Hopefully won't take /too/ long to deal with :(

shall remove this comment when cleared