• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reptile keepers of FAF

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
So i know there's a couple of ya lurking around here, what do ya keep, got any pics?
My parents finally eased up on letting me keep reptiles recently so i've started off with 2 young crested gecko's and a gorgeous anery boa :3
And im hoping to go the the exhibition in Hamm this march which is THE largest exotic pet show in the world, hoping to get green tree pythons among other things :3

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I've been thinking of getting some reptiles. I have a 40 (4ftx1ftx18 inches if I recall) gallon long retired fish tank that will convert to reptiles awesomely.

It's going to be awhile though.

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
I really need to get pics of 'em, but I currently have 3 snakes: a ball python, a tangerine milksnake and an eastern hognose snake. I used to have a couple more (I had around a dozen at one point), but I had to move and that meant significant downsizing :(

jtrekkie

Feathered
I used to keep a couple of collared lizards, but that's been a while. I wish I had pictures.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Well you'll soon be in luck then, apparently the ball python market is crashing due to the whole colour morph BS, and morphs worth 2 grand a year ago are now 200 quid :p

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
I was a reptile keeper for a while, but found myself in a financial ultimatum and had to give up my leopard geckos for something more important. :c

I'd love to get back into reptile keeping again someday, though. I'm mostly aiming for iguanas or monitor lizards next time.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Big vote for monitors, i fucking love them, have a dwarf ackie myself :3

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I'm leaning on getting a corn snake over a leopard gecko or two.

In the way future, I know that I want a Boa and Water Dragon though.

Kosdu

Having lizards would be so cool, but I'd want to cuddle them so much it'd probably hurt them.

keyush

Communist Sympathizer
I currently have a woma python that I need to rehome for space reasons, she's a big girl at more than 4 feet and still growing. She'll probably be around 6 or 7 when she's done. But, unfortunately I had to move to a place that just can't fit that large of a snake. I've been looking into getting a hognose though, since they're nice and tiny. I also had a rosy boa in the past, awesome awesome snakes. I would love to have a bearded dragon or a chinese water dragon in the future too. I just love all the snakes and lizards X3

P

Phoenix-Kat

I used to have a bearded dragon but she got sick and I had to have her put to sleep about three months ago.

Red_Lion _

I keep a short, tubby, grumpy feller named Gator. He likes jerky, butts and warm, humid, dark places ;)

I kid, gator ain't my pet he's my uncledaddy. As a kid I had a couple of turtles and I liked them just fine but don't know that I'd get more.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I used to have a Jacksons chameleon, frilled dragon, and an iguana. But that was years ago. While I was away at a con my brother left my chameleons cage open and was never seen again, frilled dragon died of old age, and my iguana died from bone disease.

Oh and I'm not a beginner. Well point being, if someone tells you an iquana is a great starter reptile, they are NOT. ANY reptile herbivore requires great care and a particular diet. So any of you newbies out there don't get suckered into getting an iquana for a first pet/reptile.

Last edited:

KyraCat

Kyra
I used to have a beardie. She died about a month ago, but I now have a baby corn snake who I have not yet come up with a name for. And we don't know if it's a boy or a girl either... But reptiles are my favorite type of pet besides dogs.

Nashida

She do a blep
By proxy? At the school I teach at we have one 9 year old bearded dragon named Mushu and two leopard geckos named Littlefoot and Lightfoot. Care for them usually falls to me, but whatever. The geckos like to perch on my shoulders and Mushu only trusts me to pet him.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
ANY reptile herbivore requires great care and a particular diet. So any of you newbies out there don't get suckered into getting an iquana for a first pet/reptile.

IKR?!
Veggie eating lizards like beardies have been a pain in the ass for me to feed when i looked after one, waaaaaay prefer watching my ackie hunt down bugs.
And guess who just paid a ridiculous amount on some high end jungle carpet python pair :v

I currently have a woma python that I need to rehome for space reasons, she's a big girl at more than 4 feet and still growing.

Shame you cant keep her, woma's are stunning.

Last edited: