• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request for admins to stop locking out threads.

Okay this is why this place turns into a dramafest, people get frustrated when admins lock out a thread a proper discussion was getting underway in.

I've just had a thread locked out that I spent ten minutes constructing a reply to and it really really annoys everyone when that happens. There was nothing wrong with that thread, uncia, and you know it, a discussion rather than an argument was taking place.

nobuyuki

I disagree! People are still superheated like a copper wire ready to assplode, and threads can easily balloon out of control making it impossible to read every single post to make a quick descision -- the current admins and moderators are unable to keep watch over these almost viral-like thread expansions before they potentially explode into mob-like behavior because they are currently cleaning up all the mess that's occurred over the past few days, so really there's no other choice but to lock the threads until the mess is cleaned up, I think.

Though, it would seem that with all the unbannings of the "unpopular" crew, certain nameless vindictive individuals are taking this opportunity of "oh I won't get banned" to fling mud at the people just now returning. It is a shame, but I believe the only course of action that can be taken without returning to more fascist manuvers is to close the threads.

Maybe you are right on that one >:/ you've raised some good points there, and your point about the gloating and vindictiveness is pretty much spot on.

I dunno really.

wut

Personally I feel that locking should only happen when the flaming is actually occuring and there is no way to set things back on track. But given the timing of everything I dunno.

Wolfie

I lol'ed

Because remember kiddies, only assholes are allowed to be assholes without being punished for it :D

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
nobuyuki said:
I disagree! People are still superheated like a copper wire ready to assplode, and threads can easily balloon out of control making it impossible to read every single post to make a quick descision -- the current admins and moderators are unable to keep watch over these almost viral-like thread expansions before they potentially explode into mob-like behavior because they are currently cleaning up all the mess that's occurred over the past few days, so really there's no other choice but to lock the threads until the mess is cleaned up, I think.

Though, it would seem that with all the unbannings of the "unpopular" crew, certain nameless vindictive individuals are taking this opportunity of "oh I won't get banned" to fling mud at the people just now returning. It is a shame, but I believe the only course of action that can be taken without returning to more fascist manuvers is to close the threads.

NOBUYUKI RETURNS.

Excellent point.

Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

Because remember kiddies, only assholes are allowed to be assholes without being punished for it :D

Oh for crying out loud, do you have to turn every god damned thread into a flaming war? You're accusing people of being an asshole here when in fact you've been the only asshole in the last two threads, and in fact have been the only one to swear in both.

nobuyuki

Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

if by your logic said alledged assholes are wrong in that their tone is unacceptable, then I ask you -- is what you're saying a good example of two wrongs making a right? Or is it simply hypocrisy?

nobuyuki

Being less subtle, wolfie, stop trying to derail threads with pointless, childish and seemingly vindictive flaming. This could very well be grounds for a ban under normal circumstances, and you're pushing your luck testing everyone's patience at this trying time by "swooping in" at just the right moment to take a few personal hacks at people.

It's almost as if you had a personal vendetta against someone or something. Creepiness factor set to maximum, here.

Wolfie

Ursus_Amplus said:
Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

Oh for crying out loud, do you have to turn every god damned thread into a flaming war? You're accusing people of being an asshole here when in fact you've been the only asshole in the last two threads, and in fact have been the only one to swear in both.

Cuz even though I barely post at all, and can count the arguments I've been in on one paw, I'm still a worse person than a guy who is ALWAYS being insulting to people, but just happens to be keeping up a well-behaved front at the moment since he maybe isn't too eager to get banned again.

Thus proving that giving people time-outs for bad behavior is effective, and should be done more often.

But I do apologise for the swearing, at least to you Ursus, cuz I haven't seen you swear yet. If you'll understand, my tone is mostly directed at other people who have done far too many flamewars to have any room to criticise me for my first :?

And I apologise to the mods for my behavior, and will stop it now. I just would feel a bit annoyed if I get punished for behavior that obviously wasn't enough to hold against these guys :p

uncia2000

Ursus_Amplus said:
Maybe you are right on that one >:/ you've raised some good points there, and your point about the gloating and vindictiveness is pretty much spot on.

I dunno really.
Yep: incisive comments from Nobu. Plus the other side of the coin, of course, where people might feel as though they're getting ganged-up on by everyone who has returned in "invulnerable mode" from their tempbans + various other "supporters".
(Very easy to read what was written in that context).

We should know where people stand on such matters by now and further "discussion" at present is unlikely to improve understanding between the parties involved.

Better to bite one's lip and resist the temptation to reply when that's only likely to result in a retaliatory response, IMHO.
Many other, more constructive, matters that might benefit from discussion, I'd've hoped.

=
If only I could prod y'all in the direction of the FA mainsite for all that pretty artwork ;)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

Wolfie, I'm you have any further intentional flamebait posts like, the next time you go to post, reconsider. If you want to push buttons against them, that's fine, go ahead. Just remember: we have buttons too. Judge not lest yet be judged.

You have the right to an opinion on these forums, NOT the right to be an asshole to those you dislike.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

Dark Helmet said:
How many assholes we got on this ship, anyhow?

Col. Sanders said:
Everyone on the ship: Yo, sir!

Dark Helmet said:
I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes.

uncia2000

Dragoneer said:
Wolfie said:
I lol'ed

Wolfie, I'm you have any further intentional flamebait posts like, the next time you go to post, reconsider. If you want to push buttons against them, that's fine, go ahead. Just remember: we have buttons too. Judge not lest yet be judged.

You have the right to an opinion on these forums, NOT the right to be an asshole to those you dislike.
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't read that as flamebaitey: more as a general observation following the threadlock. Oh well... :D

(aside @Arshes: Did Aesop have a fable to cover that "moral" of Wolfie's?).

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
RE:    Request for admins to stop locking out threads.

uncia2000 said:
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't read that as flamebaitey: more as a general observation following the threadlock. Oh well... :D

(aside @Arshes: Did Aesop have a fable to cover that "moral" of Wolfie's?).

Unfortunately his post was too contradictory to find the appropriate fable, but I thought in this case, Spaceballs was more appropriate. ;)

Wolfie

Contradictory?

A couple users with a strong history of involvement in flamewars get unbanned.

A user who has only just now felt the need to speak up about the level of stuff that these users get away with congratulates the mod team for finally ending the tolerance of general nastiness.

the unbanned users all gang up on him, then the thread gets locked before he can defend himself, and he gets a warning for expressing himself in the thread that those same users opened directly as a result of the closed topic.

"only assholes are allowed to be assholes without being punished for it" was not meant as flame-bait, but an honest expression of my feelings at the moment, and I really think that given the circumstances, that feeling is valid.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Wolfie said:
Contradictory?

A couple users with a strong history of involvement in flamewars get unbanned.

A user who has only just now felt the need to speak up about the level of stuff that these users get away with congratulates the mod team for finally ending the tolerance of general nastiness.

the unbanned users all gang up on him, then the thread gets locked before he can defend himself, and he gets a warning for expressing himself in the thread that those same users opened directly as a result of the closed topic.

"only assholes are allowed to be assholes without being punished for it" was not meant as flame-bait, but an honest expression of my feelings at the moment, and I really think that given the circumstances, that feeling is valid.

Yes, and users with a strong history of involvement in flamewars NEVER got banned.

Either party can be considered trolls for a very blank reason of how they treat other users they don't like, and it has nothing to with "what side" they take on FA, however, the problem is, you're using your stance with FA's admin as a reason to be nasty to another party. That's not an excuse .

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
uncia2000 said:
Arshes Nei said:
Unfortunately his post was too contradictory to find the appropriate fable, but I thought in this case, Spaceballs was more appropriate. ;)
Ow.... play nice, Arshes!

=

Oh, sorry! That was nice? :twisted: :eek:

*pounces ya* :3

Hahah yeah it was, I merely was reminded of that scene in Spaceballs, and I think many people can appreciate Spaceballs humor :lol:

uncia2000

*prrs and nods* Yeah, I think I'll have to dig out the movie again, Arshes... :)

=
Well, at least I hope we haven't yet reached a critical mass of assholes on FA, above which we collapse under our own weight to form a black, erm... tautology.

(Not a particularly elegant analogy, perhaps? :D)

WHPellic

I think it'd help if people placed themselves in the others' shoes before responding. Look at both sides of the situation.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
Either party can be considered trolls

I think that giving everyone the same label implies that everyone has the same level of responsibility.

However, my opinion is that not everyone has the same level of responsibility.

Also, I must say, I am astonished to see Wolfie being treated right harshly while others *appear* to have got away with murder. :?

nrr

Dave Hyena said:
I think that giving everyone the same label implies that everyone has the same level of responsibility.
I agree.

Dave Hyena said:
However, my opinion is that not everyone has the same level of responsibility.
Elaborate. Explain yourself here, good sir.

Dave Hyena said:
Also, I must say, I am astonished to see Wolfie being treated right harshly while others *appear* to have got away with murder. :?
Treated harshly? Where? By whom?