• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request for FA Staff

Should Colorath have his Ops status revoked?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha have you never wondered that he's always under attack for a total history of being a pratt?

I dont think I've ever seen him in that channel not causing trouble.

KurtBatz

RE:  Request for FA Staff

The full (unedited) log files speak for themselves. Consistent abuse from a small minority of persistent troublemakers and an administrator trying to keep a good sense of humour up whilst under a barrage of abuse.

Perhaps you'd prefer it if Arcturus was modding the channel?

Ursus_Amplus said:
Haha have you never wondered that he's always under attack for a total history of being a pratt?

I dont think I've ever seen him in that channel not causing trouble.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
KurtBatz said:
Hey Dave. If you're going to say something sensible and well thought out at least vote the same way as your convictions, huh?

First you berate the whiny vocal minority...then you vote the same way as them. The poll results are public. Despite the fact this pathetic flamebait 'poll has about as much weight and impact as someone taking a feather duster to the kneecaps, it does contradict what you're saying rather spectacularly.

I voted without reading the thread properly beforehand or the unedited logs. :(

I'd take it back if the software allowed it.

Hanazawa said:
I maintain that if there is a valid reason for banning someone, it should be explained

Yes It should, however it doesn't mean that the people Calorath banned didn't deserve to be banned for drama mongering.

Judgeing from their actions on FA (this thread even) and their behavior on the IRC channel, they certainly seem to be.

Indeed, looking that those logs, the channel admins seem to be have been enormusly patient with the most wanky and fellateing drama mongering.

It's been going on for months and months, and now the drama mongers must drink what they have brewed.

Calorath

Narcissistic Curmudgeon
"Perhaps you'd prefer it if Arcturus was modding the channel?"

They would.

KurtBatz

RE:       Request for FA Staff

Dave Hyena said:
KurtBatz said:
Hey Dave. If you're going to say something sensible and well thought out at least vote the same way as your convictions, huh?

First you berate the whiny vocal minority...then you vote the same way as them. The poll results are public. Despite the fact this pathetic flamebait 'poll has about as much weight and impact as someone taking a feather duster to the kneecaps, it does contradict what you're saying rather spectacularly.

I voted without reading the thread properly beforehand or the unedited logs. :(

I'd take it back if the software allowed it.

Hanazawa said:
I maintain that if there is a valid reason for banning someone, it should be explained

Yes It should, however it doesn't mean that the people Calorath banned didn't deserve to be banned for drama mongering.

Judgeing from their actions on FA (this thread even) and their behavior on the IRC channel, they certainly seem to be.

Indeed, looking that those logs, the channel admins seem to be have been enormusly patient with the most wanky and fellateing drama mongering.

It's been going on for months and months, and now the drama mongers must drink what they have brewed.

Thought as much Dave. I'm sure it'll let you change your vote. Have a go! I don't hold any weight with this dumb poll anyways though, to be fair. Strikes me as flamebait crap and should be locked for what it is.

As I said, you've got a administrator under attack for trying to stop a bunch of whiney, flamey, bitchy troublemakers who have no better front of attack then to point to a flippant comment he made to try and keep an air of joviality and humour in the situation. A joke about not liking that person. People on the internet are BREATHTAKINGLY anal.

As you said, look at all the snidey comments on this thread. Proof positive if any were needed that administration action was both required and necessary.

I would NOT have had the patience Calorath has shown. I'd have banned their IP addresses permenantly too for good measure. Calorath must have the patience of a saint, reading through the full log. It's fucking disgraceful how some people choose to act in that channel.

Thaily said:
I voted no for three reasons.

* This isn't a democracy. I have no particular love for Calorath but FA's users can't "vote out" an op or admin the moment they feel slighted by that person.

If this isn't a democracy, then why did you write 'I VOTED no'????

I don't think people in this thread are voting per se, they're bringing to attention a matter of concern and those replying are showing their support.

KurtBatz

RE:    Request for FA Staff

Oh I get it. They're morons! DING.

Suspected as much, from the flamebait 'poll' onwards. Especially when I have the benefit of a full, undoctored, unedited log file sitting in front of me.

Oh noes! Calorath took administration action against a bunch of abusive troublemakers and had a sense of humour about it. LETS BAN HIM FROM THE INTERWEBS. :twisted:

Calorath said:
"Perhaps you'd prefer it if Arcturus was modding the channel?"

They would.  

KurtBatz

RE:   Request for FA Staff

I_Own_Charles said:

I don't think people in this thread are voting per se, they're bringing to attention a matter of concern and those replying are showing their support.

Actually, it's merely because the trouble makers (as proven in the log file) are more vocal then most. Most normal users of Furaffinity don't give a shit, quite rightly.

I'm only rallying behind Calorath because this is spectacular moronity, even by the usual shambling troll standards.

If you're going to try and bullshit about Calorath's behaviour DON'T do it when a full unedited log is available for everyone to see. It makes you look extra great whocking big barrels of special.

Kurt once again you define hypocrite. Having a go at people for so called flaming when you joined this community today just for the sake of stirring up trouble when you're not an active member.

KurtBatz

As my behaviour in the furaffinity channel has been exemplary and I've never so much had the vaguest twinkling of an argument in there, your definition of hypocricy must be a very thin one indeed.

Do try harder, dear.

PS - My definition of 'stirring up trouble' is posting a poll asking for one of the channel admins to be banned for trying to bring a situation under control by a bunch of immature, petulant mischief makers. A situation you seem spectacularly willing to contribute towards. Gasp, could that be some of this mystical 'hypocricy' you speak of?

Ursus_Amplus said:
Kurt once again you define hypocrite. Having a go at people for so called flaming when you joined this community today just for the sake of stirring up trouble when you're not an active member.

Myr

Big Dragon
Ursus_Amplus said:
Shame on you, the admins.
:(

*needs to stop working night work...will be back on in the evening when all the action takes place starting friday* Sorry I've missed the fun. I don't know what's going on, but I'm very eager to be back on when all this is going on to see what's happening. I'm not going to judge anyone on things I wasn't around for though.

KurtBatz

RE:   Request for FA Staff

:roll:
Myr said:
Ursus_Amplus said:
Shame on you, the admins.
:(

*needs to stop working night work...will be back on in the evening when all the action takes place starting friday* Sorry I've missed the fun. I don't know what's going on, but I'm very eager to be back on when all this is going on to see what's happening. I'm not going to judge anyone on things I wasn't around for though.

Myr, quick request. Can you lock this flamebait thread? It's offensive, it's completely unfair against Calorath and most of the 'facts' the troublemakers have offered up are patently untrue.

I would be greatful! :roll:

So I decided to read the log through once again, the non snipped log that is, it was pretty funny. :)

Anyway I didn't find much of any trolling or bad behavior leading to banning but I guess it's up to interpretation. What I did notice is that Colorath is a bit banhappy person regardless of the validity of the ban.

He bans people way too easily and then just brushes off or threathens those who question the ban. Other say that he did or said those things as a joke... well imho ban isn't a joke, at least not a very funny one.

KurtBatz

Strawkitty said:
So I decided to read the log through once again, the non snipped log that is, it was pretty funny. :)

Anyway I didn't find much of any trolling or bad behavior leading to banning but I guess it's up to interpretation. What I did notice is that Colorath is a bit banhappy person regardless of the validity of the ban.

He bans people way too easily and then just brushes off or threathens those who question the ban. Other say that he did or said those things as a joke... well imho ban isn't a joke, at least not a very funny one.

I recognise some of those names in that log. They're persistent troublemakers, with a history of this sort of thing.

Moderating a channel can be a very stressful affair - constantly treading on eggshells. If people are going to systematically attack an administrator trying to do his job, they shouldn't turn around and bitch when he actually tries to bring some semblance of stability to the channel, regardless of the methods used.

Myr

Big Dragon
KurtBatz said:
Myr, quick request. Can you lock this flamebait thread? It's offensive, it's completely unfair against Calorath and most of the 'facts' the troublemakers have offered up are patently untrue.

At the moment, I'm not going to lock it. I don't know the facts about what happened with Calorath on the IRC and I really don't have all the information about what was going on. Questioning the actions of an admin/op is perfectly fine for discussion. However, let's all try to keep the facts straight.

Furthermore, Ursus_Amplus and yourself need to knock it off with the flaming. The same goes for everyone else. Debate, discuss, question, etc. Don't stab each other or someone else behind their back. I'll lock the thread if it gets out of hand while I'm watching, but I'm not going to censor a perfectly reasonable discussion that's not out of control. So let's keep it clean. >^.=.^<

KurtBatz

RE:     Request for FA Staff

Myr said:
KurtBatz said:

At the moment, I'm not going to lock it. I don't know the facts about what happened with Calorath on the IRC and I really don't have all the information about what was going on. Questioning the actions of an admin/op is perfectly fine for discussion. However, let's all try to keep the facts straight.

Furthermore, Ursus_Amplus and yourself need to knock it off with the flaming. The same goes for everyone else. Debate, discuss, question, etc. Don't stab each other or someone else behind their back. I'll lock the thread if it gets out of hand while I'm watching, but I'm not going to censor a perfectly reasonable discussion that's not out of control. So let's keep it clean. >^.=.^<

The full, unedited log file is included in the thread, showing users in the channel getting completely out of hand and Calorath taking administrative action to bring them back into line.

This thread was started by the disgruntled users who got kicked for overstepping the mark and being overly abusive in the channel.

Again, I politely request this flamebait thread be closed and I hope and trust you will do so if these patently untrue and unfair attacks on Calorath continue, especially with the entire undoctored, unedited log file available for everyone to see!

Furthermore, I can't accept this is a perfectly reasonable discussion, on account of the 'poll'. If that'd had been removed, then sure, fine. But having a poll trying to get one of the administrators of FA banned for doing his job? How would you feel if the poll had been about you for example? It's a whocking great flame thread from start to finish.

Myr

Big Dragon
KurtBatz said:
The full, unedited log file is included in the thread, showing users in the channel getting completely out of hand and Calorath taking administrative action to bring them back into line.

This thread was started by the disgruntled users who got kicked for overstepping the mark and being overly abusive in the channel.

Again, I politely request this flamebait thread be closed and I hope and trust you will do so if these patently untrue and unfair attacks on Calorath continue, especially with the entire undoctored, unedited log file available for everyone to see!
I see that log and quickly skimmed over part of it (the beginning). I saw enough in there that I will personally attempt to contact Calorath and Dragoneer over some of the things I saw that I believe were inappropriate. I will not be specific as the contents of what I want to talk about are private. The administration is a team, and I do not want to take sides in this issue. However, I will state to the people opposed to Calorath that I see where you're all coming from in terms of his approach to things, and to the people who support Calorath I see where you're all coming from in the appropriateness of the use of admin/op powers. I sit somewhere between the two sides and agree with arguments from both sides, but not all from either single side. Again, this is a perfectly debatable issue and I do not see justification for locking the thread at this time. I'm mainly just neutrally moderating this thread, but it's a big enough deal to users that I will now involve myself behind the scenes to try to satisfy both sides of the argument.

KurtBatz said:
Furthermore, I can't accept this is a perfectly reasonable discussion, on account of the 'poll'. If that'd had been removed, then sure, fine. But having a poll trying to get one of the administrators of FA banned for doing his job? How would you feel if the poll had been about you for example? It's a whocking great flame thread from start to finish.
I agree. I will remove the poll.

KurtBatz

RE:       Request for FA Staff

Myr said:
KurtBatz said:
I agree. I will remove the poll.

Thanks you! I suppose they'll still be the inevitable cries of 'tyranny' and 'censorship' though even though the poll was deliberately inflamatory and at odds with the forum rules though although I hope to be pleasently surprised :roll:

Myr

Big Dragon
KurtBatz said:
Thanks you! I suppose they'll still be the inevitable cries of 'tyranny' and 'censorship' though even though the poll was deliberately inflamatory and at odds with the forum rules though although I hope to be pleasently surprised :roll:
Honestly, I didn't like the poll from the beginning, but it took me a while to word why. This isn't a black and white situation. There's no absolute yes or no answer because this situation is a judgement call all admins, mods, ops, referees, police, and other people of authority have to make on a daily basis. It can be debated, but I agree that a yes or no answer is inappropriate. Rarely are these types of situations 100% one way or the other. There's some good stuff and some bad stuff. This situation is no exception.

Btw, for anyone else still following this thread, I've just had my chats so I've got my points across. I will resume moderating this thread neutrally while I'm online.

Thaily

I_Own_Charles said:

Because this is a poll and you can poll until you're blue in the face, FA admins are under no obligation to adhere to the results. Which is good because Dave is right, the people who made the poll and the people who support it are a minority of vocal trolls.

And enough with the "shame on the admins" bullshit already, they're the people who worked hard to get FA to where it is today, the people who were OMGVICTIMIZEDFURSECUTIONED!!1one!1 by Calorath are the people who've been trying to tear it down since day one.

If you don't like the way they run the site/channel you can always leave, who not go join archives like Bitchplz? Oh no wait, they're not up :D

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
Myr said:
However, I will state to the people opposed to Calorath that I see where you're all coming from in terms of his approach to things, and to the people who support Calorath I see where you're all coming from in the appropriateness of the use of admin/op powers. I sit somewhere between the two sides and agree with arguments from both sides, but not all from either single side.

I cannot say that I myself have ever done anything than occasionally lurk in the FA IRC, but it really does seem to have turned into naught but wanky drama mongering which is mostly created and perpetuated by a small clique who seem to regard the channel as their private property to behave in as they wish.

Perhaps the malarial swamps that it has become hath sent it's mosquitos far and wide to carry some infection to all involved and even in attempting to drain it, some workers may have taken ill thereof.

However as people have said, that does not mean that the channel should not ultimately be drained of all that ails it.

Iron brooms for iron times as der fuhrer said. :)

KurtBatz

RE:    Request for FA Staff

Thaily said:
And enough with the "shame on the admins" bullshit already, they're the people who worked hard to get FA to where it is today, the people who were OMGVICTIMIZEDFURSECUTIONED!!1one!1 by Calorath are the people who've been trying to tear it down since day one.

Yeah. Those awful, nefarious, evil furaffinity admins. Offering a FREE service to everyone, off their own backs, spending time and effort trying to upgrade and buy more servers/make it faster/fix bugs and such.

How DARE they be so generous, patient and selfless and get ANNOYED when people take every single opportunity to abuse them left right and centre?  * STOMPS HIS FEET *

So join my alternative art site instead, CHAN-KTHX. Now with 200% added art theft and no DNP list! (warning, may contain scripts)

KurtBatz

RE:        Request for FA Staff

Dave Hyena said:
I cannot say that I myself have ever done anything than occasionally lurk in the FA IRC, but it really does seem to have turned into naught but wanky drama mongering which is mostly created and perpetuated by a small clique who seem to regard the channel as their private property to behave in as they wish.

Which is why I have no objection whatsoever to Calorath taking off the kid gloves once in a while and handing out some much deserved administrative bitchslaps. :twisted:

KurtBatz said:
Thanks you! I suppose they'll still be the inevitable cries of 'tyranny' and 'censorship' though even though the poll was deliberately inflamatory and at odds with the forum rules though although I hope to be pleasently surprised  :roll:
I almost find that assumption to be an offensive flamebait but only almost so I'll forgive you.

Thaily said:
If you don't like the way they run the site/channel you can always leave, who not go join archives like Bitchplz? Oh no wait, they're not up :D
Oiy... now that's a bait if I ever see one imo.

Dave Hyena said:

Perhaps the malarial swamps that it has become hath sent it's mosquitos far and wide to carry some infection to all involved and even in attempting to drain it, some workers may have taken ill thereof.

However as people have said, that does not mean that the channel should not ultimately be drained of all that ails it.

Iron brooms for iron times as der fuhrer said. :)
There are far better ways to entice 'decent' conversation that you seem to seek than do what you so wonderfully paralled with getting rid of malaria... Like actually taking part in the conversation and that way try to change the subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.