• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request to have my account returned

Hello, you may or may not remember me as the owner of this account:

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/iowncharles/

The mods were very kind and helpful with my request last year to have my account cleared and locked, and for that I am grateful. I was told that if I wanted my account back, I could ask for that.

If this is still true, I'd like to take you guys up on that offer and reclaim my old account and have it functioning again. A number of artists I like and friends of mine are on this site, and they seem to enjoy it despite what qualms I originally had. So, if it is not too much trouble, I would like my account unlocked and returned to me so I can re-post my own works.

I know some mods may have had 'trouble' with me in the past, but I promise I will only be using the site for art and will not contribute to drama or make trolling posts and comments. I have livejournal and other sites for that now, and I also have to grow up and join the 'real world' soon so I won't have time for such childish banter anymore anyhow. :) Har har...

So please respond and let me know if it is possible for me to reclaim my old account, or if you will allow me to create a new one. My e-mail is still erdraug86@yahoo.com.

Thanks
~Danale

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Infinity said:
Holy shit you're back.

Welcome back.

Hmm a self-locking/clearing feature might be worth a look into for the future...
Nah, that'd just be more fuel for the emo attention whores to use on the populace. Not saying IOC is one (I'm sure they have their reasons), but you can't deny there being plenty in the fandom.

Infinity

Ceceil Felias said:
Nah, that'd just be more fuel for the emo attention whores to use on the populace. Not saying IOC is one (I'm sure they have their reasons), but you can't deny there being plenty in the fandom.
So... because of a few trouble causing users we couldn't have a feature that would be useful to some. Less work for the mods and admins too.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
I can't exactly imagine a use for it myself, though. And I'm not thinking in my case specifically, I mean in general.

I mean, blanking accounts is already available to users -- the admins can't do much more than we can to our own accounts. We can wipe the submissions, journals, profile information, and even the shouts, and we can change our own passwords as well to something unrecognizable. o.o But eh, those are just my two cents. There could be something I'm missing, after all.

Ketsuban

Ceceil Felias said:
I mean, blanking accounts is already available to users -- the admins can't do much more than we can to our own accounts. We can wipe the submissions, journals, profile information, and even the shouts, and we can change our own passwords as well to something unrecognizable.

I think it's more a case of automating the process - the administration interface is pretty poor for some of the functions you mention such that it takes quite a long time to do, and a one-click "blank account" button would save a lot of time.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
I_Own_Charles said:
I know some mods may have had 'trouble' with me in the past, but I promise I will only be using the site for art and will not contribute to drama or make trolling posts and comments.
:(

Still, you'd have a large handful taking on Paul by yourself of you were.

Bokracroc said:

what

and also

Wow, you still have my drunken foible in your user title! How...embarrassing, on my behalf. :-/

Infinity said:
Holy shit you're back.

Welcome back.

Yus, and thanks. :) I still haven't been able to log in again, yet. Then again mayhaps I forgot my password or how to type my user name properly (FA does this weird thing with underscores by either removing them or replacing them with dashes, so it's hard to tell...).

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
I_Own_Charles said:
Bokracroc said:

what

You would be in for a long slog if you wanted to cause more Drama and Whining than Paul Revere has.