• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

requesting artists to give some drawing tips

Tyrrovada

8 foot fluffbutt
Any artists out there good with drawing magic like effects like magic circles, aura, etc. ?
If so, any tips you could give me?

Nadiafur

Sleek!
magic effects are better without black! I suggest making the general glowy bits first with color pencil like you're already doing, then go over the lines and designs in a white sharpie/gelly roll (anything that's permanent and solid). It will make them look more like light effects and less like designs :D

Tyrrovada

8 foot fluffbutt
Oh Thanks Nadia! Just one question, how the heck does one draw magic circles? I'm still struggling with the perspective

Nadiafur

Sleek!
Happy to help :D

Your circles are already looking pretty legit imo. It's harder to do traditionally because of all the layering that's needed to get the effect that we see in media (looking at you Dr. Strange!), but generally you just toss circles/triangles/squares on top of each other until it looks fancy. Varying your line weights could help too.

Here's a tutorial I found that goes over it, if that would help more!

Tyrrovada

8 foot fluffbutt
How do you get the perspectives right? For example, if a circle was on the ground or facing diagonally upwards?

vck

Freelancer illustrator
How do you get the perspectives right? For example, if a circle was on the ground or facing diagonally upwards?
you'll need to establish first the perspective lines of the environment. these will help you draw circles on any surface with the correct perspective distortion. take a look on youtube, there is plenty of drawing tutorials.
take a look on Proko's channel, he's got tons of stuff on drawing www.youtube.com: Proko