• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Requesting proportion check on a sketch

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
Hi there!
First of all I'm new here so I hope it's the right place to post this.
But anyway here is my sketch:
WoToiQe.jpg

Now please keep in mind I just strated drawing anthros so please don't be pointlessly harsh, otherwise I appreciate any constructive criticism, may it be positive or extremely negative.
Thanks for reading^^

(Also I know that the bomb is completely oversized but that's on purpose)

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
The easiest way to check this out is to do the pose yourself. Find a spot with that kind of 20 degree slope and do that figure.

You will notice how hard it is to maintain balance and stuffs. You will notice how your leg should actually be facing. Etc, etc.

So yeah, give that a quick try. Someone will probably do the red line later but always remember that rule whenever you draw a pose. If you feel uncomfortable doing it, then likely your character will too.

Maugryph

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
The easiest way to check this out is to do the pose yourself. Find a spot with that kind of 20 degree slope and do that figure.

You will notice how hard it is to maintain balance and stuffs. You will notice how your leg should actually be facing. Etc, etc.

So yeah, give that a quick try. Someone will probably do the red line later but always remember that rule whenever you draw a pose. If you feel uncomfortable doing it, then likely your character will too.

I wish I could try but my injured foot would not appreciate at all (and I would not appreciate the excruciating pain from it). Though I'll ask a friend to do it for me, I'm sure I will find a slope like this in my campus. Thanks a lot for the advice and the lightning-fast answer!

not too shabby for you first attempt. Its a bit flat, practice breaking your figures down into simple shapes. Have you ever seen the movie Dr.Strangelove? reminds me of that movie ^^

This sticky might help you https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/29749-Before-you-post-your-Character-Check-those-Proportions!

Thanks a lot^^. What do you mean by flat? Also I did break down the character into simple shapes (long ovals for the arms, legs footpaws; circles for the hands and the head; weird looking hourglass for the bust belly and crotch) and reshape it gradually from there. Once I was happy with the result I erased those shapes. Should I keep them in the finished sketch?
Anyway thanks a lot to you too for such a quick answer and for your advices.
PS: I'll add "Dr.Strangeglove" to my must watch list, right under "Heavy Metal" :)

Maugryph

What do you mean by flat? Also I did break down the character into simple shapes (long ovals for the arms, legs footpaws; circles for the hands and the head; weird looking hourglass for the bust belly and crotch) and reshape it gradually from there. Once I was happy with the result I erased those shapes. Should I keep them in the finished sketch?:)

This video will explain it better: (SFW
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/simplifying-form
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/form-not-shape

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
Thanks a lot Maugryph! That was really instructive, I will try to think in terms of form from now on. Believe it or not it's a mental exercise I am asked to do in every Mechanical Engineering class.
I just never thought of applying it to drawing furries.