• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Requesting revert to previous notification system

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
I know you had to do a rewrite due to changes in the database tables, but I'm afraid there's hardly anything I can say for this current notification system that's positive. The layout is uncomfortable, the potential is no better than the previous one, and there are WAY too many bugs and problems with it. There are still placeholders in the outputted code where variables were supposed to be printed, in fact, and this isn't even taking into account the number of javascript errors that have cropped up with the change, including breaking full/fuzzy date switching (which is especially frustrating to me).

Could we please have a fixed up version of the old one back? Or at the very least a choice? I see no steps forward being taken here except towards fluff.

Last edited:

Toksyuryel

Please, the new design is just much too unwieldy. I enjoyed the flow of the old format, and the compactness of it. You don't have to get rid of the new design but there should be an option for those users who like the old format to be able to continue using it.

T

TakeWalker

I guess this is as good a place as any to mention my take on the new changes, since most of them deal with notifications.

Positives:

-Invert selection. Makes keeping submissions in the queue for later viewing nice and easy.
-Persistant nuke buttons. For when I am feeling lazy!
-60 submissions at once? Fuck yeah!
-Deleted submissions/journals are marked as such. Oh my GOD I can't describe how wonderful this is! And it doesn't even tell you who posted the thing, it's just great!

Neutral:

-I'm not sure how I feel about category headings being deleted when they are cleared. Granted, having nothing at all might be preferable to the possible number of categories that exist.

Negatives:

-It's been mentioned, but let me say it again: Why sort submissions by day? I find those headings highly unnecessary. We know what order they're in, whether newest or oldest first, so does it really matter what day something was posted? My subs screen is already very long, as I only get three submissions across; these excess headings just make it longer.
-The colors, dude. c.c I didn't like 'em the first time they were used, I don't like 'em now. Maybe that's just me.
-While there's a nice flashy new system for navigating submissions, journals are still limited to one page of 20. I'd love to see that expanded, or give us a way to resort them, or give us a 'next page' button. I've never understood that.
-And finally, slightly related to that subject, does the "global select all" (which now works, apparently) select journals not on that first page? I'm afraid to use it for that reason.

Stratelier

-It's been mentioned, but let me say it again: Why sort submissions by day? I find those headings highly unnecessary. We know what order they're in, whether newest or oldest first, so does it really matter what day something was posted? My subs screen is already very long, as I only get three submissions across; these excess headings just make it longer.
Wouldn't be as noticeable if the headings were smaller (or for that matter, just put a datestamp tag underneath each thumbnail)