• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Research suggests, men are smarter than women

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
You completely lost me there, darlin'. I'm still staring. :3

On a more serious note: All these "studies" are for the most part just utter USELESS. WAY too small sample sizes. Even if you were to sample 1/100th of the population it'd still not be big enough.

Responsible parenting should be put into law... If you're not a responsible parent you lose your rights to have kids/children and to take care of them.

SJW's and feminists shouldn't have kids. Especially if it's a boy. Going to be taught that he's an evil bastard and will grow up all tormented inside. Not to mention a high possibility of outside abuse.
I agree. Although getting people to agree on what constitutes as "responsible parenting" is frustrating. These days anything short of helicopter parenting could get labelled as abuse and neglect. Exactly when do you sleep if you must watch a kid literally 24/7? @_@

Royn

Otterest Sergal evah!
LOL the studies are complete drivel! Females are more loosely emotioned than Males, not less intelligent. In many cases very much more intelligent.

Yakamaru

Thine Grumpy Resident
In many cases very much more intelligent.
Gonna have you give some quotes on that, mate.

Some actual evidence.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Women are, have been, and always will be smarter than men. It is what it is. Get over it and move on.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I agree. Although getting people to agree on what constitutes as "responsible parenting" is frustrating. These days anything short of helicopter parenting could get labelled as abuse and neglect. Exactly when do you sleep if you must watch a kid literally 24/7? @_@
You don't sleep. The first three years my kids were alive we never slept much. And that baby could move and we would wake up.

Reyna Malone

Like "Molly Malone"
It is, less girls are interested in math and science. Schools are reporting this! What's happened is that we have taught girls that math, science, engineering and architect is all for boys. That building is boys stuff, that looking for a cure is for boys, that calculating for rocket launches arE FOR BOYS!!!! The issue is so fucking deep that these stupid Man vs. Woman studies are fucked from the start!
As a girl who is in Science Olympiad and who wants to be a biochemist, I absolutely agree with you. It's getting better (toys like Goldiblox and programs like GEMS), but it's still hard for women to become scientists.

What bugs me the most about the "science is for boys" attitude is that it's absolutely not true. If Marie Curie didn't discover radioactivity, we'd all be panicking, thinking that the sun is going to run out of fuel any day now. If it weren't for Rosalyn Franklin discivering DNA's helical shape, Watson and Crick would never have made their breakthroughs. Without Jane Goodall's work, we'd be clueless about ape behaivor, and the origins of our own human behaivors. Women in the past have done fucking awesome things for science, but they get blown to the back pages of a textbook and girls are told that men are the scientists.

Murasaki Fox

Wandering Spirit
You completely lost me there, darlin'. I'm still staring. :3

On a more serious note: All these "studies" are for the most part just utter USELESS. WAY too small sample sizes. Even if you were to sample 1/100th of the population it'd still not be big enough.

Responsible parenting should be put into law... If you're not a responsible parent you lose your rights to have kids/children and to take care of them.

SJW's and feminists shouldn't have kids. Especially if it's a boy. Going to be taught that he's an evil bastard and will grow up all tormented inside. Not to mention a high possibility of outside abuse.

Actually if I remember correctly, it should only take a few hundred subjects to represent a wider population, as long as the sampling is done well. I'd have to dig up the ol' formula, but there are different techniques for appropriate sampling.

I've heard about the notion that male and female average IQ is about the same, but men having a much wider standard deviation and thus more geniuses and idiots. It sounds like it makes sense, though I don't really care enough to look into it. I don't really value the concept of IQ terribly much.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Oddly enough, within this fandom the males seem more emotional/irrational, and the females more logical to me.

To be fair that's because there's the largest amount of gays in this fandom (~68 - 75%)

Actually if I remember correctly, it should only take a few hundred subjects to represent a wider population, as long as the sampling is done well. I'd have to dig up the ol' formula, but there are different techniques for appropriate sampling.

I've heard about the notion that male and female average IQ is about the same, but men having a much wider standard deviation and thus more geniuses and idiots. It sounds like it makes sense, though I don't really care enough to look into it. I don't really value the concept of IQ terribly much.

Yeah the general consensus is that women have a more stable IQ that doesn't go to either extreme often while mean are more known to be very high or very low

Last edited by a moderator:

heteroclite

Everone is a hologram
Read this -> www.iqcomparisonsite.com: Sex Differences in IQ

What do you think? It makes sense to me. Perfectly explains why there pretty much aren't any female Nobel prize winners or why the biggest companies are run almost exclusively by men. And gender pay gap starts making sense.

It's not like I will start treating women any differently from now on, I avoid them anyway :p
Pfft. Bullshit.

G

GunsForPaws

Honestly, both sexes are equally intelligent. I've seen so many studies proving that one sex is smarter than the other, and while there may be more male scientists and engineers, this does not mean that women are any stupider. A lot of women are capable of doing these jobs, however a lot of women aren't interested in them. And I'm kinda pissed at the amount of sexism in this fandom, it's kinda just like women are excluded a lot.

G

GunsForPaws

Also employers are more likely to employ men over women in these jobs bc they assume that men are generally stronger at these kind of things.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Also employers are more likely to employ men over women in these jobs bc they assume that men are generally stronger at these kind of things.

To be fair if a job is physically demanding then yeah, it's fine to hire based on that. Men are physically stronger in most cases that it's a big gamble to hire a woman for physically demanding labour unless they look like they can handle themselves

Honestly, both sexes are equally intelligent. I've seen so many studies proving that one sex is smarter than the other, and while there may be more male scientists and engineers, this does not mean that women are any stupider. A lot of women are capable of doing these jobs, however a lot of women aren't interested in them. And I'm kinda pissed at the amount of sexism in this fandom, it's kinda just like women are excluded a lot.

Majority of the fandom is male (around 72% last I remember)

G

GunsForPaws

To be fair if a job is physically demanding then yeah, it's fine to hire based on that. Men are physically stronger in most cases that it's a big gamble to hire a woman for physically demanding labour unless they look like they can handle themselves

Majority of the fandom is male (around 72% last I remember)
Yeah, true.

Status
Not open for further replies.