• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

reset connection

Foil

You most likely pulled up a cached page... You are not seeing your user page that is on the server, just a residual one that was saved in your browser cache.

foxystallion said:
I am a bit alarmed by one thing, and I don't mean FA being broken yet again. When I clicked on my FA personal page bookmark, I got the all too frequent "Unable to connect" message. I tried again, and I got through to my page. What alarms me is that I'm logged in. I'm darn sure that I logged out last night before going to bed. I did NOT log in this morning. My home page looks normal, but none of the Submissions, Comments, PMs, etc. links worked except the one to these forums. Its a WTF morning.

SpiritCreations

Wanted Dead or Alive
kitsubaka said:
Yea this sucks a good bit, I finally got some time to work on commissions and trades and such and well CANT GET TO MY REFS D:

Well they will do something eventually.....eventually

Dude, I totally know what you mean. :/ Everyone links to FA for commission refs and then I can't work on commissions at all until FA is back online... then *I* get bitched at by clients for taking so damned long. D:

I think from now on I'm going to request in my commish form that when they link to refs, to otherwise link to a site other than FA. If they only have their refs on FA, then they can upload to photobucket. >:E I don't want the refs attached to an email because I use ArtSpots' commission queue and I need links. X3

Idgit

If your commissioners bitch at your for taking so long they need a smack in the face. Seriously, sometimes stuff comes up to delay the process, like stuff like this.

Espilonarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdLjjzzepg <- This should explain all your problems (or at least amuse you for the next few minutes or hours, depending on how long it takes to fix).

Zekumas

SpiritCreations said:
I think from now on I'm going to request in my commish form that when they link to refs, to otherwise link to a site other than FA. If they only have their refs on FA, then they can upload to photobucket. >:E I don't want the refs attached to an email because I use ArtSpots' commission queue and I need links. X3

Just save the ref sheets to your computer? Its faster and easier :)

SpiritCreations

Wanted Dead or Alive
Idgit said:
If your commissioners bitch at your for taking so long they need a smack in the face. Seriously, sometimes stuff comes up to delay the process, like stuff like this.

LOL Yeah... I wish technology came with a feature where you press a button and their computer/laptop would strangle them. Problem is that a lot of the commissioners see us as machines and not people. One of the commissioners couldn't understand why her deadline was past due (in which I apologized profusely) because my father was in the hospital for heart blocks and I had to take care of my mom who is bedridden and still go to work. :/
Zekumas said:
Just save the ref sheets to your computer? Its faster and easier :)

I like everything in one location. :) Since I use ArtSpots' commission queue, I just click on the link that the client gives me. :3 I hate saving ref sheets to my computer amongst the bazillion folders of crap I already have. X3

Oh hey, I just talked to Yak. He said this:

<yak> FA's down because of the problems at the colo (again). The server is presumably still online and doing fine, but there is no connection from the internet to it - the tracert stops at the colo's router.

foxystallion

Born Furry
Foil said:
You most likely pulled up a cached page... You are not seeing your user page that is on the server, just a residual one that was saved in your browser cache.

foxystallion said:
I am a bit alarmed by one thing, and I don't mean FA being broken yet again. When I clicked on my FA personal page bookmark, I got the all too frequent "Unable to connect" message. I tried again, and I got through to my page. What alarms me is that I'm logged in. I'm darn sure that I logged out last night before going to bed. I did NOT log in this morning. My home page looks normal, but none of the Submissions, Comments, PMs, etc. links worked except the one to these forums. Its a WTF morning.

Thanks! You are probably right. Whew.

SpiritCreations

Wanted Dead or Alive
Zekumas said:
Spirit I can;t get your website XD gives me the same timed out error that FA gives me

www.spiritcreations.net :)

I guess FA being down will give me time to update my forum profile. LOL

Foil

Or when someone sends you a link to FA for a ref for their commision, you can download the image into a directory with their name on it so that you cannot use FA as a crutch...

SpiritCreations said:
kitsubaka said:
Yea this sucks a good bit, I finally got some time to work on commissions and trades and such and well CANT GET TO MY REFS D:

Well they will do something eventually.....eventually

Dude, I totally know what you mean. :/ Everyone links to FA for commission refs and then I can't work on commissions at all until FA is back online... then *I* get bitched at by clients for taking so damned long. D:

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
calm your nerves guys, once staff all wake up and notice they'll make a post about it and get to fixing..
Unlike some of you the staff here does sleep.

FA is down a lot so I'm not sure why people have to freak out everytime. If you have refs save them to your computer, email yourself all your info for commissions. FA is down so freaking much I'm surprised people still don't do that yet.

vashdragon

Nemo said:
In before "the admins are terrible" bitchings

I really hope i dont start hearing that.
Espilonarge said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdLjjzzepg <- This should explain all your problems (or at least amuse you for the next few minutes or hours, depending on how long it takes to fix).

This explains FA's april fools joke.

Martyr

Omg, i am amazed that everyone is so surpirsed! lol, this site is always crashing

maybe all get some digital commissions done... hmm What a thought

T3HPK

SpiritCreations said:
I like everything in one location. :) Since I use ArtSpots' commission queue, I just click on the link that the client gives me. :3 I hate saving ref sheets to my computer amongst the bazillion folders of crap I already have. X3

I'm pretty sure one extra folder titled "CommissionRefs" is a lot better than being bitched at....

SamBlob

Martyr said:
Omg, i am amazed that everyone is so surpirsed! lol, this site is always crashing

Usually when the site crashes, there's a sign that says they're unavailable and that points us to the site status forum. This time, the sign isn't coming up and there is no news at the site status forum.

What's really creepy is that deviantART is now behaving the same way... ^^;

Martyr

SamBlob said:
Martyr said:

Usually when the site crashes, there's a sign that says they're unavailable and that points us to the site status forum. This time, the sign isn't coming up and there is no news at the site status forum.

ah, very true

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
SamBlob said:
Martyr said:

Not if the server that is giving you that sign crashes.

Site status forum has been updated.

STrRedWolf

Lazy-ass Drygerskunk
Short end from yak's post: Colo lost power again. DB server's OK, primary server's down and needs attention.

Looks like you need a remote KVM and remote-accessible power switch on those servers, yak. I hope you did put a UPS on 'em so they could shut down nicely.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
STrRedWolf said:
Short end from yak's post: Colo lost power again. DB server's OK, primary server's down and needs attention.

Looks like you need a remote KVM and remote-accessible power switch on those servers, yak. I hope you did put a UPS on 'em so they could shut down nicely.
Actually, what I need is a couple of thousand dollars to buy all this stuff. Lacking that, I work with what I've got.
As for the UPSs, I always lived with an impression that any colo should not only have it's own backup generator, but also at least a room full of batteries to keep all the servers from instantly crashing every time a janitor woman cleans the room. That's why it's called the colo, and not the dark corner of my garage.

SamBlob

yak said:
SamBlob said:
Martyr said:

Not if the server that is giving you that sign crashes.

Site status forum has been updated.

Thank you for your reply here and for the status report.

Good to know that I'm not carrying something around that crashes art sites. (BTW, dA came back shortly after I posted here that it was down)

SpiritCreations

Wanted Dead or Alive
T3HPK said:
I'm pretty sure one extra folder titled "CommissionRefs" is a lot better than being bitched at....

LOL Nah, I'll just be lazy and tell my clients to upload to photobucket or something so I can have all the info I need in one location. :p

PogoRoo

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure if anyone's posted this but, here's the thread with an explanation: http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?tid=19331

Totally lame. I really wanted to see if I got any commissions today. -_-;;