• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Returning to art - I Need help pricing

kitsunekoneko

Hello everyone. So I'm getting back into art. I've been gone for like... 3 years due to mental health stuff that completely killed my will to draw.
But I've returned to the game now, and I stopped by the request forums to find some characters to draw for a week or two. My gallery is full of old stuff that just looks stale and old, so I guess I gotta archive them or something so as not to confuse potential commissioners. I've been drawing every day in hopes that I'll get more consistent...

When I did commissions back in the day, buyers would often give me extra tips and comments about pushing my prices up a bit. I don't think I really listened! My art wasn't, and still isn't amazing but I can definitely see the improvement, and as such I have changed my prices quite a bit.

Anyways, I made a carrd page to list out my prices. Please do take a look and leave some feedback! renardchaton.carrd.co: Commissions by Ren
Of course these aren't final prices, I just want to know what others think. Sketches take me about 50 minutes, while my most detailed pictures (fullbodies) take me 5-7 hours, I'd say.
It's been so long... I really don't know if I'm overselling myself or not... :[

General art-related tips are also welcome. I think it's about time I improved on my anatomy with some daily exercises, even...

Thanks!

F.lee_art

Flee the bat
Your art is so charming! Don't undersell yourself lol, it's very skilled work. I'd say your prices are super reasonable, if you consider commission work hard or tedious upping prices a bit might make it feel more worth it for you. Maybe a 10-20% increase nothing crazy.

kitsunekoneko

Hi I recently got a tip from a nice user here and she said to help improve my anatomy skills I should take references from a website called Quickposes: pose library for figure & gesture drawing practice and draw from them. I feel like it helps me a lot and I hope this helps you, too. =) [They have some nudity so watch out for that]

Thank you! I'll look into that.

Your art is so charming! Don't undersell yourself lol, it's very skilled work. I'd say your prices are super reasonable, if you consider commission work hard or tedious upping prices a bit might make it feel more worth it for you. Maybe a 10-20% increase nothing crazy.

Aww thanks so much! I was unaware of how much I'd improved while I was away, only sketching every now and then... til I painted again. But yeah, I considered moving fullbodies up to $75 or $80, sketches to $20. It just feels weird to have such little disparity between water-colored sketches and b/w ones? I could at least move downwards in pricing after starting up.