• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique: Review my first Fursona

MainHammond

Former Big Toasty Cinnamon Bun
As many of you know, I've been works for the last weeks in building my first Fursona. So far my idea is a wolf guy in 20s kinda lazy but cool looking detective. Yeah, I like John Constantine xD

And with that in mind, this is what I came with.

www.furaffinity.net: Silver, Ace Detective WIP by MainHammond

I tried to de 2 things, make a jacket feel like a jacket, and a dynamic pose.
I didn't fully achieved any of those, but I'm still happy with the results.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Arm length is a bit short and given their pose, his body ought to be a little bit shorter, or perhaps angled differently to match the dynamics and shoulder positioning in the arms.
Overall though I think it looks awesome! I definitely get the vibe that this dude has his own intro/theme song!

tuxedo_fish

how i mine art?
I like it!

He's got a cool face structure (I like the rounded bridge on his snout), and his hair is neat. :D

Re: dynamic pose -- maybe try a more extreme line of action? Right now, most of his weight and motion is pretty much straight down.

Sugarygulp

His right eye looks a bit higher up than his left eye. I highly reccomend flipping your canvas horizontally while drawing, it will help you see small inconsistencies with art such as low/high things or crooked stuff that you otherwise don't notice normally.