• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Riho's Fursona, V2

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
Decided to make a new fursona, seeing that my first was a steaming pile of cliched... rubbish.

Name: Riho
Sex: Male
Species: Hyena
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 190 lbs.

Riho grew up in the African Kalahari, a rough place by any standards: Dry, hot, and full of other things that wanted to kill him. From his own experiences, Riho learned many survival tactics. However, at the same time, he received numerous scars around his body, most prominently the one on his nose and the large ritual scar on his back, signifying manhood.

Riho could not take the extreme stress and pain that the Kalahari presented, so he moved to America through several tedious and illegal traveling techniques.

Although he was raised in a harsh environment, Riho has a "heart of gold." Although he knows this is a cliche'd fact, he doesn't disguise it, often alienating others with his touchy-feely ways.
Due to this stressful childhood, Riho can keep a cool head in all but the most hopeless of situations.
He loathes the color brown, it reminding him of the colorless mass of brown that was Africa.
If given the choice, Riho prefers a cool environment over a hot one. A
Knowing that the many scars around his body make him stand out, Riho dresses in "normal" clothing, preferring not to be ogled at. However, he will indulge in personal tastes, and has dyed his hair (called "poofy" by many) silver.

Comments and critiques would much appreciated, and are ENCOURAGED.
If this is garbage, say it.
But say why!
Help me get better, please.

Last edited:

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
So, he's a canine James Dean, eh?

Riho shouldn't feel ashamed--scars are cool! The ladies dig 'em!

It's interesting to see a fursona with a gritty backstory. What was the inspiration for him, if I can ask?

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
A wolf/fox is like 1 generic overly used thing mashed together with another generic thing to make one big glob of generic dullness... But that's just my opinion.

I like the story but it's a little weird because it seems like you just decided to make him a mayor suddenly for no reason, and he's only 16 so it makes even less sense. It seemed like a nice story up until then, it felt to me like you couldn't think of anything else to write so you just threw that on in there and forgot about it.

Other than that it's a pretty good character. Sorry if you think this is mean but you asked for criticism! ^^

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Comments and critiques would much appreciated, and are ENCOURAGED.
If this is garbage, say it.
But say why!
Help me get better, please.

I rather like this attitude towards character building, Riho. Good on you!

I suppose I'll start off saying this is not too shabby. I esp. love the fact that he wants to look normal despite his many deformities. You always see people wanting to show off their fursona's scars; it really is nice to see one who's self conscious about them.

The wolf/fox thing has been done to death though which is fine if you feel strongly about the two species; however, if you're looking for something that'll stand out more I'd prehaps go with a lesser seen animal. A common joke is that dogs are a dime a dozen, and it's funny cuz its true. I like that he has his own backstory but I think fleshing it out a bit would really make this guy complete. How'd he become mayor? What happened to make him hate red? What are his interests? Stuff like that.

Hope this helps.

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
Updated based off of critiques!

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Alrighty then, I gotta say this has gone from a 6/10 to a 10/10 and I'll explain why.

First of all, gotta love the exotic yet feasible location of Africa. I love that he hates brown because it reminds him of his home which makes me wonder about what sort of blandness he had to deal with. We've all had places in our childhood that struck us as mudane and I definetly identify with. (Which makes me remember him more)

His scars each seem to have a story now and kudos on the ritual scar. It's the most interesting thing about him imo. It describes so much more than just his appearence: it reveals his childhood and location to us as well.

Gotta say I'm impressed. This is a fursona!!