• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

RIP Mega Man 1987~2011

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Waffles

I'm a gryphon thing.
Hi, I'm 2011.

WAT'S MEGA MAN?
all of my hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
MEGAMAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Well... a lot of the games have been pretty CRAPPY lately, but fuuuudge.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Should be RIP Capcom.

They axed Ace Attorney, they axed Mega Man EVERYTHING, they're basically... Yeah. Just take a look at the 3DS lineup. Or hell, PS3 vs PS2. Where did all of their games go? Where did Breath of Fire go? Where did Okami go? Viewtiful Joe? Mega Man? Ace Attorney? I mean, these are all acclaimed series. Capcom's ability to "gauge consumer interest" is incredibly bad.

So what are we left with, Capcom? Street Fighter (and its several hundred variations and DLC options), Dead Rising (which is getting pretty old now, at least in my eyes), Resident Evil (which won't fucking die already, even if RE4 was decent), and ... What, Lost Planet?

Why don't they just restructure and rename themselves "Street Fighter, Inc"?

EDIT: I should note that they seem to be taking a strict stance on requiring games to be DLC-capable and also easy to localize. In other words, they're in cash-grab mode.

Last edited:

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

00vapour

not a nerf herder
They axed Ace Attorney, ...

OBJ-what!?

How could they? That was the only point and click series I have ever enjoyed and it was massively popular with a rabid fanbase. If I recall there was even a play revolving around the game in Japan.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
The last Rock Man game I've played was from 2004 and I haven't really heard about any other game in the franchise since then.
They've been seriously dying.

Hopefully they'll continue their RE series, it's much better than Street Fighter(Never changes!!!). DR has it's fun parts, but is only an addition.

As GregaMan(No idea who that is) states -
Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series.

I can't worry currently, but every Rock Man game is supposed to meet the criteria, dropping off such a series is a reckless move.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
.... well, fuck.
i really wonder whats wrong with capcom lately megaman is one of their most beloved franchises, why would they cancel that? even if the game "didnt meet certain criteria" they still would have made a buttload of money with it...
its no big loss for me since i dont plan to buy a 3DS any time soon but still, its sad to see whats happening to capcom lately :T

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Hate me if you want, but i don't see why this is such a big deal.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
They canceled a game we've been waiting for many years (10) and now this...

to be fair though, the game never had a lot of support. the fact that they let the community help out with the developement was a pretty clear sign that they were never really all that confident about MML3 :p
but still, its quite a bummer that one of the only 3DS games that WASNT A PORT got cancelled.....

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I love how FaF would moan and bitch about Square-Enix making shitty rpgs and not give a care about MML3 being canceled.

You guys are fucking horrible.