• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

RIP Neil Armstrong

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
You were a pretty awesome guy, and I'm sure your life was a blast.

To accomplish all of that? It takes balls.

inb4moonlandingneverhappenedconspiracytheories

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I read on the bbc's comment section that the world will looks back and alway remember him as young and handsome, as he was when he set foot on the moon. Very sad.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Psh, everyone knows Stanley Kubrick helped stage the moon landing.

Percy

o-o
He made one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
Rest in peace, Neil Armstrong. You are a legend.

badlands

drunken pirate
RIP Mr Armstrong

it's sad he's gone. though it has to be said that he had one hell of a life, one most will only dream of.

Dreaming

This news came as a bit of a surprise :c It's a damn shame, but he had an eventful life that most can only dream of, and lived it to the max.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I read on the bbc's comment section that the world will looks back and alway remember him as young and handsome, as he was when he set foot on the moon. Very sad.
I wouldn't call a natural death to end a long and productive life particularly 'sad', but as the others have said he was a remarkable man worthy of remembrance.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Why are people so shocked that he died? He was in his 80s, well above the average life span.

Yeah it sucks he died but all the shock and awe about someone who was nearly 100 years old baffles me.

burakki

I wouldn't call a natural death to end a long and productive life particularly 'sad', but as the others have said he was a remarkable man worthy of remembrance.

From what i've read in an article , i don't think it was natural, unless you consider complications from a surgery natural?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
From what i've read in an article , i don't think it was natural, unless you consider complications from a surgery natural?
*Whoops*
Still I agree with d.batty's post

Ilayas

Why are people so shocked that he died? He was in his 80s, well above the average life span.

Yeah it sucks he died but all the shock and awe about someone who was nearly 100 years old baffles me.

Maybe it's because we kind of hoped he'd be with us forever. He walked on the moon, the kind of man that does something like that is the same kind of man that punches people in the face at 79 years old. It's hard to imagine anything, even death, taking down someone like that.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I understand but he was pretty damn old. He will be with us forever, in our hearts.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Maybe it's because we kind of hoped he'd be with us forever. He walked on the moon, the kind of man that does something like that is the same kind of man that punches people in the face at 79 years old. It's hard to imagine anything, even death, taking down someone like that.

I'll be honest, I thought this guy was already dead. I don't know why, maybe because he stayed out of the lime light for so many years. Btw, this is a sort of "all the world's a stage" thing to me. Sure, his foot first touched the surface of the moon (and he gave quite the insightful quote) but he didn't design, finace, and man all the stations of the operation by himself. He may be the "lead role" to the masses, but let us not forget the many, many, many others that worked so that this goal could be acheived.

Death is inevitable even for "gods among men"...I don't quite get the hope he'll be with us forever part, that seems a bit...exaggerated in the moment to me.

Here's hoping for peace among his loved ones.

Halceon

RIP Mr. Armstrong. The achievements of you and your crew will never be forgotten. You inspired the dreams of generations, and your memory will continue to inspire the dreams of those to come.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Despite popular rumor Mr. Armstrong is in fact NOT dead. Rather,after ensuring that we figured out how to get off of this planet, he stayed for a modest vacation of several decades and has recently only left Earth to return to his home world. Rumor has it Elvis was waiting for him at the landing pad when he arrived.

--------------------------

But in all seriousness, you folks have already voice much of how I feel and the respect I have for the man. Rest in peace Mr. Armstrong, and on the off chance there is a heaven I hope they were ready for you.

Percy

o-o
Anyone else rage with the fury of a trillion suns when all the retarded kids on facebook have no idea who he is?
I've seen at least 5 different screenshots of people on Facebook confusing him with Lance Armstrong. I didn't know people could be that idiotic.