• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Rock on the Range

sunshyne

Got back a few hours ago from the 1st annual Rock on the Range concert at Crew Stadium here in Columbus. Performing were, among others: Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd, Papa Roach, Chavelle, Hinder, Evanesence, Velvet Revolver and ZZ Top. A LOT of big names, to be sure. While a lot of the music played there was of the pop sellout variety rather than actual rock, it was still a great time. We got up to the very front of the pit for Puddle of Mudd before my sister freaked out and had to leave. That was not before she fell over some chick in a mosh and possibly broke this girl's knee... but those are the risks you take when moshing :D

I rolled up two joints for the whole day, which meant cutting waaaay back from my typical daily intake. But all was good. The cops there had more pressing matters to deal with. Literally. This concert was in a soccer stadium, and the way they had it set up was: the stage, the floor, and the seating sections which circled the floor. Pretty standard. But it was general admission, and only the first 15,000 (I think) through the door got floor passes.... so every few minutes during sets, you would hear a roar from the crowd as some guy jumped out of the seats, onto the floor, and tried to sprint past a line of security guards and into the crowd on the floor. A few made it, and disappeared into the mass of people. But the vast majority of these little "breaks for it" ended up in a brutal tackle from a burly security guard. Great fun to watch! Some of these guys were even hauled off by cops, but I'm not sure what crime they could possibly be charged with... I assume they just got kicked out.

Oh yeah - there was also a couple of VERY attractive girls running and jumping around on the floor, who eventually laid down in front of the whole crowd and more or less having sex with one another. I'm pretty sure they were on X from the way they were acting. But as I said, a good time all around :D

brokenfox

Is not fixed
Out of all of those names I recognize three, of with I only listen to and like ZZ Top, never the less this sounds like a good time. I have been to a few crazy concerts and I know, even if most of the bands are rubbish, if you get to see at least one band that you like and a bunch of crazy unpredicatable destruction and generally mad people then you are set up for a good ride :D

Rebel-lion

I remember last years download fest here in da uk, the last night Guns n Roses played (well Axle Rose and friends) be for they got on stage (it took them almost an hour to get on stage) the sky turned black with a shower of plastic bottles been thrown all over the place any way the bottle fight continued through the whole set Axle would run back stage every 5 minutes to do a line of cock or something and come back, the band threaten to walk off stage because the amount of abuse and bottles been chucked at them lets just say it was not guns n roses best Performance. And to cap the night off there was a huge riot in witch a ice cream van was set a light and blow up, riot police were on sight but could do nothing!

Aikon

Rebel-lion said:
I remember last years download fest here in da uk, the last night Guns n Roses played (well Axle Rose and friends) be for they got on stage (it took them almost an hour to get on stage) the sky turned black with a shower of plastic bottles been thrown all over the place any way the bottle fight continued through the whole set Axle would run back stage every 5 minutes to do a line of cock or something and come back, the band threaten to walk off stage because the amount of abuse and bottles been chucked at them lets just say it was not guns n roses best Performance. And to cap the night off there was a huge riot in witch a ice cream van was set a light and blow up, riot police were on sight but could do nothing!

I saw some songs on Youtube, you could tell Axl was purposely giving everyone there a shit performance because Tommy got hit in the head with a bottle of piss. They did do a good job on Nighttrain despite Bumblefoot's guitar giving out, though.

Rebel-lion

It was a good weekend Tool were spot on, Clutch was great, soulfly's sound was a bit off, Down where fantastic, and metallica played the whole of master of puppets!

I had a greet time!