• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Kaku

Lately, I've been addicted to this game.
And I mean the original.

Anybody else love this game as much as I do?
How many parks have you unlocked?
What's your favorite park to start off with?
Do you own the expansion pack, Corkscrew Follies?
And discuss anything else related to the topic.

Kaku

Woo! I found other people who love the game.
I'm proud of myself for making this thread. ;D

I only have the first and second RC Tycoon games, but I haven't played the second yet...

dragonfan

i own RCT 1 and 2 plus it's expansion packs which is pretty cool.i've been a player on that since RCT 1s release and i am not sure about getting RCT 3.

DavidN

I used to be very into RCT after first playing it round my cousin's house in Germany. After that I got the pack with the original and both expansions - I played through all of the first set of scenarios, went halfway through the second then went straight onto the Loopy Landscapes ones in which you're not allowed to charge a fee for entering the parks. Excellent game, my only problem with it being that there's no way to accelerate time (like Transport Tycoon before it), so when you complete a scenario's requirements with two years still to go you have to sit there for hours waiting for the time to run out.

I got RCT3 from my brothers-in-law for Christmas last year, too, but I never really got into that - I'm still to pass the first scenario. I don't know what it was about it, but it somehow didn't feel the same to me.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
I LOVE Roller Coaster Tycoon!! :D I'm more addicted to the original one as well, Kaku. ;) :p

Kaku

Yup. I love myself some RC Tycoon.

@DavidN: I know. That not-being-able-to-accelerate-time thing gets on my nerves. Not like the Sims, where you can speed through pooping, sleeping, and the work day.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
BUMBLY BEACH FTW!!!!!!!

Ahem.... >.> <.<

DavidN

I remember Bumbly Beach - five levels in or so, wasn't it? That actually reminds me of one of my favourite moments in the game - the first coastal scenario in the expansion pack, where you're given some cliffs about ten tiles into the map, a fence just beyond them and plenty of rolling hills to build on. And it's only when you try to start that you realize that that's not the land you own - you have to build your entire park on the five tiles of cliff and sea that you've got on the other side of the fence.

I'm going to have to play this again, now.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
The best thing in that game that could happen was when the merry-go-round has an engine filure. It just goes faster and faster and faster!! The music sounded crazy at like 5 times the tempo.

DavidN

It's a sign of a good game when it can make you genuinely feel guilty about the crashes. Station Brakes Failure is the worst thing you can see in the first one - I usually placed a mechanic for every rollercoaster once I had the cash and zoned them right outside the exits so that I avoided it as much as possible.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
DavidN said:
Station Brakes Failure is the worst thing you can see in the first one -

Oh, yeah, I hate that. >< Usually when that happens to a roller coaster already been built in the scenario (like in the Bumbly Beach and the Karts and Coasters scenarios), I just close the game and not save it, because it's a pain to remember the exact dimensions when trying to dismantle the ride and build it again.

dragonfan

sgolem said:
I only had the original, but I lost it before I could get the expansions. That game was incredible. If I had time to play it I'd run out and get another copy right now.

gosh that sucks i hope you can buy a new copy of that one.i still have mine.

O

Option7

I used to play it loads. It was quite fun, but not really my thing.
(my favourite thing to do was make roller coasters that would purposely end in death)

Kaku

One way to make the roller coasters end in death, Option7, is to get the Shuttle Loop steel roller coaster and set the speed up very high. I always feel bad when people get killed in that game, though. :(

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
DavidN said:
It's a sign of a good game when it can make you genuinely feel guilty about the crashes. Station Brakes Failure is the worst thing you can see in the first one - I usually placed a mechanic for every rollercoaster once I had the cash and zoned them right outside the exits so that I avoided it as much as possible.
Brakes and Block Brakes (if RCT1 has them, I don't quite remember) are your friend.
Block Braking the correct parts of the track was the easiest and best way to stop that rather hiring tons of mechanics (luckily, Chris Sawyer is a total pussy when it comes to Loan Interest though).

Anders said:
DavidN said:
Station Brakes Failure is the worst thing you can see in the first one -

Oh, yeah, I hate that. >< Usually when that happens to a roller coaster already been built in the scenario (like in the Bumbly Beach and the Karts and Coasters scenarios), I just close the game and not save it, because it's a pain to remember the exact dimensions when trying to dismantle the ride and build it again.

You can just delete one part of the track and rebuild it I believe.

And I played RCT3 but its not the same so I didn't get into it.

Man I love this game..

Evergreen Gardens for the win! When I first played this game I beat that scenario with like 200k.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
OnyxVulpine said:

No, if you do that, the guests still won't get on the ride. I tried it before, and I have observed that even when a few guests try to get on the ride, the trains won't go.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Anders said:
OnyxVulpine said:

No, if you do that, the guests still won't get on the ride. I tried it before, and I have observed that even when a few guests try to get on the ride, the trains won't go.

The guests eventuality forget the crash. Lower the cost of the ride a bit/offer free tickets and/or advertise the ride.

To restart the coaster, close the ride! Click on the Red light twice, this will remove the trains from the ride and 'change' the trains (Just drop the box and choose the same one). Once the ride is fixed, open it and it should run fine.

The worst thing about a crash is it effects you the most in certain levels where you can never drop below a certain Park Rating but it shouldn't be that much unless you were close the going under anyway.

dispatched

What a GOOD GAME! I need to go dig it out now.

I beat the original game and the first expansion pack. By the second expansion pack I got kinda sick of it and never finished.