• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Royalties this is urgent URGENT, come get paid ninjas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is the dealio... Yo

A friend of a friend has hired me on to do illustrating for her first book. The publishing company she is with is looking to sell near 150,000 - 200,000 copies the first month. The book has generated a little hype with some morning talk show TV moms. It will also be a series, if the book dose as well as its expected to do.

Now you probably sitting there thinking, BITCH! WTF dose this have to do with me, and my maw-faking MONAY?!?

Well, she needs it illustrated A'er the Asap, it the TV book release is on the 12th. AKA next Sunday.

SOOOOOooo I am looking for 1-2 artist to form something of a illustration team, there will be 31 pages and possibly the cover. This HAS to be done by October 11th for a TV release (long story). Royalties will be paid once the book is in circulation ^.=.^.

If your interested please Email me at Dragon9822@msn.com or PM me for more information.

RyuuYouki

Figment of your Imagination
A type of style you are looking for would be great to know since not every artist has the same style or can match the same style.

Not to mention, what kind of book is it that you are looking on a Furry site for help?

sakket

poot poot pooters
A type of style you are looking for would be great to know since not every artist has the same style or can match the same style.

Not to mention, what kind of book is it that you are looking on a Furry site for help?

i would also like to know some of this information but i shall PM you!

Is this some kind of scam? I treat anything with a promise of royalties in the future with no talk of pay in the present as highly suspicious. And rushed too? For 31 pages of work?

How can anyone know that this is legit?

sakket

poot poot pooters
Is this some kind of scam? I treat anything with a promise of royalties in the future with no talk of pay in the present as highly suspicious. And rushed too? For 31 pages of work?

How can anyone know that this is legit?

hurhurhur asking a potential scammer if something is a scam..

good point nonetheless, is there going to be some kind of base pay? (could even take it out of future royalties or something XD)

Wastedwings

First off, a 31 pages job in a week is unrealistic (even if you have multiple people working on it).

Second, paying only on royalties would be alright, if the person has been published before and is well- known for their published works. Considering you are asking for this in such a short time, I'm guessing your friend has never published any books and doesn't know the cost of illustrations or how illustrators work. I am honestly offended at this post. You would almost NEVER pay only royalties. This would be an EXTREME rush order and would cost upwards in the thousands of dollars IRL. And in all normality, most illustrators don't get paid royalties. They get paid an upfront fee for their services.

Third, contracts? I would need one. This smells like a scam or at the very least an unprofessional practice.

Lastly, you didn't even state what kind of illustrations these would be. Spot? Full page? How complicated?

outward

Cult of Outward Thinking
The publishing company REALLY should have taken care of this. : /

In fact, there's no saying that, even if you did find a talented artist who could provide artwork for this project, that the publisher would ACCEPT that artwork. From your post, it seems to me that they're ready to go and now is not the time for changes.

Scam or not, I don't trust this offer in the least, and I don't think anyone should.

Last edited:
Im looking for a wholeshome rustic realistic style or somethign near there. I will be taking on 2 artist and oing it line factory line style, baise line- base color backround- shadding detailing.

The artist they had took off with a down payment a week befor the release, if I had more notice I would do it all myself. I like money.

And plus if I was gonna scam for free art I would scam for EXTREAMLY GOOD art, what the hell would I want pages of kids doing crap? That makes no scence.

Plus I would do it myself if I dident wanna make this dead line so much.

I'm working with the conditions Im givin. If the release date isent met its not a huge disaster, they have a marketing department might as well put them to use finding another release gig. Though if I know I cant meet the deadline Im just gonna go it all myself.

If any one is intresed and has not yet PMEd me I will be online again at 7 am-9am to try and get some organizaton and a snowball rolling.

outward

Cult of Outward Thinking
This still seems like something the publishing company would be handling and not you.

If your friend of a friend is so keen on this book, I don't see why they can't request an extended deadline so that a VITAL part of the book can be completed and published before it's released in a quality professional manner.

All this in a week? You're asking for a miracle.

TheKyleIsHere

His Sideburns Can Smite You!
As it stands, there is no guarantee of payment at all. With official documentation, I might have decided to work with you, but the risk of working on simply a promise is too great.

No great artist would ever touch this, even us down here "doing crap" have more sense than that.

hurhurhur asking a potential scammer if something is a scam..

It was intended as a warning to others, actually. And maybe if it actually were legitimate the person could realize how fishy it smelled and explain their intent better.

From the sound of the response, it still strikes me as extremely suspicious. Preparing a book for a release takes more work than just having the illustrations done. There's a lot of editing to get the illustrations and text to work together. Nevermind the fact that to release a book you'll need printed copies. Even if the 31 pages of illustration could be done in a week, they'd still miss the deadline for having everything else ready for their release schedule.

Im looking for a wholeshome rustic realistic style or somethign near there. I will be taking on 2 artist and oing it line factory line style, baise line- base color backround- shadding detailing.

The artist they had took off with a down payment a week befor the release, if I had more notice I would do it all myself. I like money.

And plus if I was gonna scam for free art I would scam for EXTREAMLY GOOD art, what the hell would I want pages of kids doing crap? That makes no scence.

Plus I would do it myself if I dident wanna make this dead line so much.

I'm working with the conditions Im givin. If the release date isent met its not a huge disaster, they have a marketing department might as well put them to use finding another release gig. Though if I know I cant meet the deadline Im just gonna go it all myself.

If any one is intresed and has not yet PMEd me I will be online again at 7 am-9am to try and get some organizaton and a snowball rolling.

I know what you are going through. I had helped a friend of mine out who is an author. I had done some illustrations for him, and I had to do 4 pic in about two weeks. I don't know if my style is what you are looking for, but you can give it a gander and let me know if I might be what you are looking for. I have been told by many people that I have a unique drawing style, because I have a cartoony feel, but, I also have a realistic look at the same time. I am always up for a challenge. I usually have a price list, but I know what you're talking about. If you like my style, please feel free to either leave me a note on my fa page, or leave me a message on my forums page. I am also giving another sample of another piece that I did that is non furry related. I had done a fan pic of sweeney todd when it came out to theaters. The link is below.

http://fun4mickeymouse.deviantart.com/art/Sweeny-Todd-81101799

http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/fun4mickeymouse/

I hope to hear from you soon.

:D

Re:

I have found a couple very talented individuals to work with...

I would say thanks to every one, but most of the posting in this thread is just cynical bitching.
That's ok I'm still feeling positive any ways.

Peace, chumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.