• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.
2 more minutes...
The nebula clouds start to engulf the unnamed stars and planets, as they rapidly reach the end of their life cycle... in just a matter of seconds.
The black holes look like gate-ways to the depths of hell with how they twist and bend all light around their event horizon. They look like they should never exist, at all... something just feels alien and (extremely) wrong to them.

1 more minute...
More have joined this horror show on earth... now, among the enemies' own nightmarish roster, there're also starfish and anglerfish monstrosities that look so wrong and cursed in every way, their very "appearance" visually and mentally upsetting to the core.
And if that's not enough... they seem to be the size of the Eiffel tower.

... Zero...
At the exact same time, not even a split second off... the stars reach their end and explode into a series of supernovae engulfed in the nebula clouds, right when the quasars blast through.
The black holes suddenly and abruptly "expand" outward, almost in an instant, as if they're stretched and ripped open.
Even from the location of the town, it feels like there's a sky equivalent of earthquake in the atmosphere...
... And those "portals" into this reality, are the volcanoes.
The hour has come.

Galaxy and her other 11 are ready. Galaxy herself seems to be the only one actually armed with a weapon (a strange-looking scythe of sort), held in her right front leg, despite her feral anatomy... suggesting some form of intelligence more advanced than the others.
The others have their own way to prepare themselves, but are mostly seen from the myriad of eyes and mouths all over them opening up, as well as the stalagmite/stalactite stones getting even longer and sharper.

The monsters' arrival is surely something that catches everyone off-guard... but the team quickly regain their composure. They all head out the town and close the gate shut, then Jason loads up the cannon.

Jason : Usually I don't believe in religions, but in times like this, I'd like to give myself some peace with some Christian music, so I get motivation and courage to face these trying times and push through, to my hardest... ROCK-HARDEST, IT IS.

He points towards the approaching enemies.

Jason : THIS IS DOOM GATE WE'RE STANDING AT !

Rai looked ahead, seeing the terror that was soon to be unleashed upon the world. Seeing them in their massive wave did indeed make his heart skip a beat.

Not in love, but in terror.

It was literally the brigade that was coming to sweep whatever was left of mankind off their feet and into their hungry maws. Or probably turn the strong ones into some freakish nightmare far beyond the original markings.

It was a spectacle of disaster, a moment of horror, the rush of fear as it flooded into your soul. Th ferret stood tall, despite his frame shaking and quivering from the sight.

Attempting to hold firm, he clutched his AK-47, steeling himself for the battle that was soon to be the greatest of their lives.

It was the one time he actually wished to have powers, but yet again, this makes this stand all the more valiant.

The ferret would give everything he had and more to secure a better tomorrow....

"Alright everyone. The real fight starts now."

Toasty9399

Above Earth
Amongst the Illiath, maybe by nervous discretion of the Captain or AI - the recorded logs being edited for any prying eyes after - the ship launched a multitude of surveys drones, sensor buoys and decoys to surround the entire planet and ship. They were not taking any chances.
Aboard, a crewmen stopped by a window, looking at the once blue and green marble, now brown and desolate with scars of long passed nuclear devastation. They turned away quickly, hiding the nervousness they were feeling as they followed orders from the AI.

PC Master Race

(OOC: Oh crap, I was a part of this before my hiatus and I forgot what I was doing..)
(I'm pretty sure I mentioned you at the beginning of this RP a few times... but it probably doesn't matter, it's on hold now because Rai is having some irl issues that he may not be available for a while.)

PC Master Race

(Alright, to sum up... Tonik and Rai (you were there at the beginning too but you bailed) arrived at a nameless town (only known as "the Barren Town"), the last place of survivors in the post-apocalypse world, and met up with the locals. On the next day (which is today in-rp), they did some missions together, but then received a warning that there's going to be a 2nd attack coming at midnight, so everyone prepared the defense to hold the town.)
(That's the brief summary ; if you need the full scale of details, like the defense, the chars' powers/weapons/etc then it's gonna be a wall of text.)

(Toasty plays as a crew in a spaceship outside the earth, they're staying out of the way for now, not coming in to help the defense or anything yet ; interaction only available when they finally arrive and land on earth, as far as I know.)

Jaredthefox92

Ah, well I have Jace. If this were Fallout there's a comical ghoulified version of Amanda but I presume this is with anthros.)

PC Master Race

(Anthros, humans, neko's, taurs, naga, etc : all accepted. Protogen, sergal too, whatever you feel like.)
(Just a heads-up that this rp is open for some pretty extreme powers on a cosmic/universe scale.)

Jaredthefox92

(Up to you. Just sayin.)

Not sure if Unicron Kitty will fly tbh.
nyz___art_trade_by_cassidythehedgehog1_dcvuzi8-fullview.jpg

PC Master Race

(Eh... macro isn't really gonna fit in here. Everyone stays at normal size, sorry. There are earth-sized (or bigger) eldritch cosmic horrors but they're the enemies ; the only exceptions are the 12 ones defending the earth. You can have extremely crazy and over-the-top powers like opening black holes or firing off quasar laser beams if you want, but no macro.)

PC Master Race

Alright, after quite a long break, I'm getting this back on the go again... but to make things much simpler and my life easier, there are major changes.

- The Enclave and Metropolis are removed. The Barren Town is the main HUB of the RP and the only safe area players can be in now.
- Power play is gone. I got too carried away with it and just went absolute nuts with it, now I realize even I can't handle that much. Everything gets a big old nerf hammer now, especially me. You're still free to have your own weapons and powers in, just keep in mind that we're all basically at level 1-2 now.
- Always, ALWAYS make sure you have long-range options to keep your distance against the horrors, and quick/emergency melee moves when something bad happens.

Alright, after quite a long break, I'm getting this back on the go again... but to make things much simpler and my life easier, there are major changes.

- The Enclave and Metropolis are removed. The Barren Town is the main HUB of the RP and the only safe area players can be in now.
- Power play is gone. I got too carried away with it and just went absolute nuts with it, now I realize even I can't handle that much. Everything gets a big old nerf hammer now, especially me. You're still free to have your own weapons and powers in, just keep in mind that we're all basically at level 1-2 now.
- Always, ALWAYS make sure you have long-range options to keep your distance against the horrors, and quick/emergency melee moves when something bad happens.
(Works for me!)

PC Master Race

With that said, the current scene is changed too (sorry for the inconsistency).

- Galaxy isn't out there in the cosmos to defend the earth, she's with everyone else at the town.
- There's no 12 elite constellation-born entities yet. There will be, but much later on and of course far less "power house" like right now.
- The monsters can already be seen coming down through the sky. Stand and fight.

With that said, the current scene is changed too (sorry for the inconsistency).

- Galaxy isn't out there in the cosmos to defend the earth, she's with everyone else at the town.
- There's no 12 elite constellation-born entities yet. There will be, but much later on and of course far less "power house" like right now.
- The monsters can already be seen coming down through the sky. Stand and fight.
Seems legible! I can definitely work with these conditions!