• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

[RP] Kingdom in Chaos : Deliverance from Hell

PC Master Race

Tsu seemed to have been either dreaming of sleep fighting with something, as as soon as he woke up, he sprang to his feet, quickly looking around, holding the makeshift spear in an offensive angle.

"WHO!??......oh......guess it wasn't real then...," the cat muttered, gently sitting the weapon down, sighing as he began to stretch, some angles more bone-twisting than the last.

As soon as he was done though, he looked over to Jin, waving a bit.

"Apologies if that may or may not have startled you.....apparently that whole capture incident is not sitting well with me yet...."
The boar does indeed get startled a bit at the cat getting kind of jumpy and on edge. For a second he almost thinks the cat has lost it and is about to attack, but thankfully it's just a dream.
Bad, but just a dream.

Jin : Relax, dude. I'm pretty sure no-one can find us here. So... just chill-

I was awake and staring at my birth father’s picture “happy birthday sire” I said in a tone that sounded noble “I’m sorry for loosing your kingdom I hope you’re not mad at me I intend to get it back and kill the usurper personality” I was revealing to tsu who I really was the king of dragon kingdom.
He cuts himself off when hearing the dragon, and clicks his tongue. He walks over and gently pokes the dragon's tail.

Jin : Ya just can't keep it a secret, eh kid ? Gotta think out loud like that all the time ?

He sits down next to the dragon.

Jin : Everyone's vibing until an uneducated non-dragon commoner like me tells a prince, soon-to-be king, what not to do to be an actual king. Heh.

The boar chuckles a bit.

Jin : Maybe that's why it happened. Whole kingdom went ape shit and lost it cuz they can't stand a pig like me being a dragon's father, hehe.

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The boar does indeed get startled a bit at the cat getting kind of jumpy and on edge. For a second he almost thinks the cat has lost it and is about to attack, but thankfully it's just a dream.
Bad, but just a dream.

He cuts himself off when hearing the dragon, and clicks his tongue. He walks over and gently pokes the dragon's tail.

Jin : Ya just can't keep it a secret, eh kid ? Gotta think out loud like that all the time ?

Jin : Everyone's vibing until an uneducated non-dragon commoner like me tells a prince, soon-to-be king, what not to do to be an actual king. Heh.

The boar chuckles a bit.

Jin : Maybe that's why it happened. Whole kingdom went ape shit and lost it cuz they can't stand a pig like me being a dragon's father, hehe.
“I’m pretty sure my sire knew what he was doing” I replied still in my noble tone “I think that hyena was just jealous he has no idea how much work it is to be a king it’s not all sit on the throne all day do whatever you want it’s hard work you have to make the subjects like you and that’s hard work then you fight for your kingdom show them that you’re with them all the way I think they’re just jealous that they couldn’t be my father and I love you just as much as I loved him I looked up to him king Draco I really miss him you know the last thing he promised me was to keep the kingdom safe I failed”

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
Bad, but just a dream.

The boar chuckles a bit.

The feline nodded, sitting down as he rubbed his head slowly, growling a little as he scratched at the floor a little.

"Right right, you'll have to pardon that.....I'm just glad it wasn't another sleep frenzy......it's just going to take a while to bypass what had happened when we were there......," the cat explained, looking back at the boar-scorpion.

He was, in truth, unnerved. He wasn't sure how he could function without the effective work of his group, but he believed that his group that he was with would help him out, hopefully.

Casually, he sat back down, wondering what to do with the rest of his time, plucking at the spear with some worry.

PC Master Race

“I’m pretty sure my sire knew what he was doing” I replied still in my noble tone “I think that hyena was just jealous he has no idea how much work it is to be a king it’s not all sit on the throne all day do whatever you want it’s hard work you have to make the subjects like you and that’s hard work then you fight for your kingdom show them that you’re with them all the way”
The feline nodded, sitting down as he rubbed his head slowly, growling a little as he scratched at the floor a little.

"Right right, you'll have to pardon that.....I'm just glad it wasn't another sleep frenzy......it's just going to take a while to bypass what had happened when we were there......," the cat explained, looking back at the boar-scorpion.

He was, in truth, unnerved. He wasn't sure how he could function without the effective work of his group, but he believed that his group that he was with would help him out, hopefully.

Casually, he sat back down, wondering what to do with the rest of his time, plucking at the spear with some worry.
Jin looks out the entrance, concerned as well.

Jin : ... I don't think that hyena is the one to be the new king. I have a feeling he's only a henchman at best, and someone else much nastier is behind.

He then glances back to the equipment that he can make weapons with.

Jin : ... This is only enough for some basic equipment. Can't make anything fancy like I used to. But it'll have to do. So, my son got the sword. Everyone else, name your "main" and I'll get you armed with something. Then we're moving out.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
The feline's ears shot up violently when Jin mentioned the weapons, and how he could arm people with their main again. Tsu had to resist impaling the ground with his makeshift spear when he heard this, but did his best to keep himself under control.

"I work best with an axe......," the cat said, still fiddling with the spear to try to see if he could get something working with it.

But at the thought that the hyena wouldn't be the one in charge, but someone worse than him, it made his skin crawl. He wondered what kind of loathsome fiend would take the throne, but royalty never really concerned him much.

For his allies, he'll think differently.

Universe

Jin looks out the entrance, concerned as well.

Jin : ... I don't think that hyena is the one to be the new king. I have a feeling he's only a henchman at best, and someone else much nastier is behind.

He then glances back to the equipment that he can make weapons with.

Jin : ... This is only enough for some basic equipment. Can't make anything fancy like I used to. But it'll have to do. So, my son got the sword. Everyone else, name your "main" and I'll get you armed with something. Then we're moving out.
“NO ONE’S BEING KING BUT ME!” I yelled in anger and determination. “I’ve got an idea of how to get in and we’ll need stealth” I said sternly sounding like my father when we had gone hunting. “One loud noise and they’ll know we’re there the good news is Only I know where the secret passageways are they are in the back of the castle in my bedroom and there is even one in the throne room.”

PC Master Race

I just stared at at the golden trimmed scroll of king Draco “I miss you sire I miss you so much what would you do in this situation?” I never knew my birth father for long I was only 10 when he was killed in battle. “dad what was my sire like?”
Jin : I don't know him very well, sorry son. Couldn't have much time for myself, almost always in the workshop to keep everyone's equipment in good condition. But he seemed like a good person.

The feline's ears shot up violently when Jin mentioned the weapons, and how he could arm people with their main again. Tsu had to resist impaling the ground with his makeshift spear when he heard this, but did his best to keep himself under control.

"I work best with an axe......," the cat said, still fiddling with the spear to try to see if he could get something working with it.

But at the thought that the hyena wouldn't be the one in charge, but someone worse than him, it made his skin crawl. He wondered what kind of loathsome fiend would take the throne, but royalty never really concerned him much.

For his allies, he'll think differently.
Jin : Axe, got it... let's see...

He stumbles around a bit, obviously not very used to having limited equipment to work with, but for the most part he gets the job done.
1607190561.steelite_axe_4.png

The weapon is finished, but the boar has an unsatisfied look on his face. Not because of the quality... probably more so of the appearance, the over-all design.
He sighs and gives the axe to the cat, looking kind of down.

Jin : I tried.

“NO ONE’S BEING KING BUT ME!” I yelled in anger and determination. “I’ve got an idea of how to get in and we’ll need stealth” I said sternly sounding like my father when we had gone hunting. “One loud noise and they’ll know we’re there the good news is Only I know where the secret passageways are they are in the back of the castle in my bedroom and there is even one in the throne room.”
The boar listens to the dragon's plan, and shakes his head.

Jin : So much for secret, son... but I guess at a time like this, secrets are off the window. But, I think we should start small first, the castle is best to deal with last in my opinion. For now, we need a steady source of supplies. Farms, for foods. Mines, for materials for our equipment.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
Tsu watched as the boar-scorpion worked on the axe, and when he was done with it, the cat gently took it, looking it over with a soft smile.

"I dunno, looks great to me! Don't see a thing wrong with it, not a thing!," the cat said, twirling the axe in between his fingers, getting a feel for the weapon.

After spinning it around a little, he went over to the severed branch that he had, dulling the sharp point. Once he was done with that, he used the axe the chop some more trees down, then withdrew some string from his pocket. Once he did, he carved small grooves in between the upper and lower parts of the long branch, then used the axe to carve a distinct curved shape with it.

Finally, he cut some branches off, skinning them down to a fairly skinny angle, then sharpened the tip to where it had a pointed wooden end, nodding a little.

"There we go. Now the setup is done," the feline said with satisfaction, looking over the axe with pride and joy.

"You shall conquer many foes, this I am sure of!"

Universe

Tsu watched as the boar-scorpion worked on the axe, and when he was done with it, the cat gently took it, looking it over with a soft smile.

"I dunno, looks great to me! Don't see a thing wrong with it, not a thing!," the cat said, twirling the axe in between his fingers, getting a feel for the weapon.

After spinning it around a little, he went over to the severed branch that he had, dulling the sharp point. Once he was done with that, he used the axe the chop some more trees down, then withdrew some string from his pocket. Once he did, he carved small grooves in between the upper and lower parts of the long branch, then used the axe to carve a distinct curved shape with it.

Finally, he cut some branches off, skinning them down to a fairly skinny angle, then sharpened the tip to where it had a pointed wooden end, nodding a little.

"There we go. Now the setup is done," the feline said with satisfaction, looking over the axe with pride and joy.

“No one else knows about it but us I swear!” I said then sighed fine I think they’ll be loyal to me because they’ve known me longer for like 22 years then there’s the reputation of my sire that should do us some favors” I said hopefully

PC Master Race

“No one else knows about it but us I swear!” I said then sighed fine I think they’ll be loyal to me because they’ve known me longer for like 22 years then there’s the reputation of my sire that should do us some favors” I said hopefully
Jin : I trust we won't have spies within this place...

The boar-scorpion replies, looking over everyone, with a concerned and suspicious tone of voice.

Jin : Alright, that's about it. Anyone else need any other weapon ? I can make a few more, then all of us need to move out. In the worst scenario that our enemies, somehow, find this place, there won't be any of us, less chance of our cover being blown.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec

The boar-scorpion replies, looking over everyone, with a concerned and suspicious tone of voice.

Jin : Alright, that's about it. Anyone else need any other weapon ? I can make a few more, then all of us need to move out. In the worst scenario that our enemies, somehow, find this place, there won't be any of us, less chance of our cover being blown.
The cat looks himself over once more, feeling rather armed-to-the-teeth at the moment. His axe seemed to be most of what he needed, but the other weapons he had on him served as a bonus so it seemed.

"All good here! The only thing I need now is vengeance!," Tsu said eagerly, ready and thirsty for the taste of battle once more, this time, prepared.

He sat and watched Jin with a playful, yet hinting look in his eye, just waiting for the chance to attack an enemy at a moment's notice.

Universe

“I could use a shield“ I said not sure how he would react to that “If it’s not too much trouble”

PC Master Race

The cat looks himself over once more, feeling rather armed-to-the-teeth at the moment. His axe seemed to be most of what he needed, but the other weapons he had on him served as a bonus so it seemed.

"All good here! The only thing I need now is vengeance!," Tsu said eagerly, ready and thirsty for the taste of battle once more, this time, prepared.

He sat and watched Jin with a playful, yet hinting look in his eye, just waiting for the chance to attack an enemy at a moment's notice.
“I could use a shield“ I said not sure how he would react to that “If it’s not too much trouble”
Jin : A shield, hm ? Which type do you like, son ? Heater shield, kite shield, tower shield, targe, or buckler ?

He explains further to help his son decide :
  • A heater shield is triangle-shaped and medium-sized, balanced between offense and defense.
  • Kite shield looks like a water/tear drop, but upside down, usually longer.
  • A tower shield is the biggest and longest, but it's purely for defense and not ideal for offense because of its size and weight.
  • A targe is a round shield with good offense and defense like a heater shield.
  • A buckler is the smallest, just bigger than one's hand. Round-shaped like a targe, but with only a handle at the center. More for "aggressive/active defense", or straight-up offense.

Universe

Jin : A shield, hm ? Which type do you like, son ? Heater shield, kite shield, tower shield, targe, or buckler ?

He explains further to help his son decide :
  • A heater shield is triangle-shaped and medium-sized, balanced between offense and defense.
  • Kite shield looks like a water/tear drop, but upside down, usually longer.
  • A tower shield is the biggest and longest, but it's purely for defense and not ideal for offense because of its size and weight.
  • A targe is a round shield with good offense and defense like a heater shield.
  • A buckler is the smallest, just bigger than one's hand. Round-shaped like a targe, but with only a handle at the center. More for "aggressive/active defense", or straight-up offense.
“A buckler shield sounds great” I said imagining throwing it like a spear “I can throw it right?”

Last edited:

PC Master Race

“A buckler shield sounds great” I said imagining throwing it like a spear “I can throw it right?”
The boar-scorpion looks pretty dumbfounded by his son's question, like he doesn't know how to react or what to feel about it.

Jin : ... N-no, you don't throw a shield. Why would you ?

He doesn't want to jump to conclusions immediately either, so he still asks the dragon. If this shield-throwing idea is an uncommon, unorthodox form of fighting that he's never heard of until now, then he does wanna know about it now.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
When the dragon mentions throwing his shield in combat, it even took the cat by surprise, who stopped admiring his new axe specifically to look at the pair.

Tossing the shield at the enemy? Either directly or away?

Truthfully, unheard of, for good purpose.

He had never met a soul alive who planned to throw their shield. Was this some sort of....ulterior motive when the main weapon was down? An ultimatum in battle? Last-ditch effort for victory with an unorthodox method?

Curious, Tsu sat up, eager to see how Universe would defend this idea.

Universe

When the dragon mentions throwing his shield in combat, it even took the cat by surprise, who stopped admiring his new axe specifically to look at the pair.

He had never met a soul alive who planned to throw their shield. Was this some sort of....ulterior motive when the main weapon was down? An ultimatum in battle? Last-ditch effort for victory with an unorthodox method?

I scratched my head “it’s not something that the enemy would be expecting” I said which was true I sighed “it just sounded better in my head that’s all”

PC Master Race

I scratched my head “it’s not something that the enemy would be expecting” I said which was true I sighed “it just sounded better in my head that’s all”
The boar chuckles a bit at the dragon's idea.

Jin : Is it like the pommel-throwing "end them rightly" joke, son ?

But he still shakes his head.

Jin : I mean sure, you can throw it, ir's the smallest and lightest type of shield after all... but I still kind of advise against it. But I also wanna know, do you know how to use a buckler son ?

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
Intrigued, the cat listened on, interested to see what else that the two would speak of next.

Perhaps if he listened closely, he could learn a thing or two here. And not by just sheer combat alone, but maybe through events like these.

Either way it went, it kept Tsu's attention, which was good enough for him.

Intently, he listened, gently gliding his paw along the bladed part of his ax.

Universe

The boar chuckles a bit at the dragon's idea.

Jin : Is it like the pommel-throwing "end them rightly" joke, son ?

But he still shakes his head.

Jin : I mean sure, you can throw it, ir's the smallest and lightest type of shield after all... but I still kind of advise against it. But I also wanna know, do you know how to use a buckler son ?
“Not really” I said embarrassed “this is so embarrassing”

PC Master Race

Jin : It's alright son, at least you don't go with a tower shield, it'd have been awkward to use. OK so... it's a pretty hard equipment to use, for certain.

He looks around to find a good object to demonstrate, and finds the cover of a crate. He breaks it into smaller pieces, just somewhat bigger than his hand. He holds it with his arm stretched, keeping the piece of wood far away from him.
Then he holds a sword with the other hand, on the side.

Jin : First and foremost, because of its small size, you keep it far away from you like this, to prevent enemies from getting close to attack you. Because of its lightweight, you can move it around in front of you pretty quick to make sure their attacks are interrupted and hindered.

Jin : This is called "active defense". Instead of simply holding your buckler still in place to block an attack, you need to actually move it to deflect or parry instead. With your arm stretched out like this, you won't have much strength to resist heavy attacks from, say, axes or hammers, so you need to actively knock them away.

Jin : In case the opponent gets past your sword and is now in close, grappling distance, where the long blade of your sword is ineffective, you can punch them in the face with the shield, like you have a metal fist. Same goes for if you manage to get past the enemy's sword and close in.

Jin : In general, that's how you use a buckler.

PC Master Race

Jin : That... is really about how good you are at handling weapons. But then there's just the case of "shit happens" too, y'know. Even experts can mess up sometimes. But with time you'll get the hang of it.

He walks over to the forge.

Jin : So, buckler it is, son ? Or you wanna change your mind for something else ?

Universe

Jin : That... is really about how good you are at handling weapons. But then there's just the case of "shit happens" too, y'know. Even experts can mess up sometimes. But with time you'll get the hang of it.

He walks over to the forge.

Jin : So, buckler it is, son ? Or you wanna change your mind for something else ?
“Buckler” I said quickly my ears twitching “I want the Buckler” I declared definitely “I will not fail the kingdom again” I said curling up

Last edited: