[RP] The Last of Us Among the Cosmos

The-Courier

Shipmaster
The human kept his gaze hard and his head down as he stepped through the town, idly eyeing the denizens going about on their day-to-day activities. The man's environmental suit was some sort of bodysuit with pieces of armor overlaid on top of it. They were a mismatch, some parts looking more advanced than others. Still, they all seemed to be largely connected together.

"This place seems friendly," he mused. "What do you think?" he queried, looking down at the robotic canine at his side.
Eddie looked up at him, those beady, glassy eyes staring at him for a moment.
The human adjusted his poncho and shook his head, throwing the piece of clothing over his armor and withdrawing a small cigar from a pouch hanging off of his belt.

"You think this place has a bar?"

Eddie barked at him.

"You don't know that! This place could have a tavern for all I know - it's been fucking ages since I've visited Earth."

Another bark.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you feel happy."

Thicchimera

Living in denial about my bad arts
The human kept his gaze hard and his head down as he stepped through the town, idly eyeing the denizens going about on their day-to-day activities. The man's environmental suit was some sort of bodysuit with pieces of armor overlaid on top of it. They were a mismatch, some parts looking more advanced than others. Still, they all seemed to be largely connected together.

"This place seems friendly," he mused. "What do you think?" he queried, looking down at the robotic canine at his side.
Eddie looked up at him, those beady, glassy eyes staring at him for a moment.
The human adjusted his poncho and shook his head, throwing the piece of clothing over his armor and withdrawing a small cigar from a pouch hanging off of his belt.

"You think this place has a bar?"

Eddie barked at him.

"You don't know that! This place could have a tavern for all I know - it's been fucking ages since I've visited Earth."

Another bark.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you feel happy."
As the human and his robot dog head down into town, they pass by a small workshop. They see an aged female boar next to the forge, cleaning her forehead. She quite a long tail, almost like that of a lion. She also has some kind of lion-like mane too.
She looks at the two, but mostly at the robot dog, and even then only for a short while, before getting back to her work. She seems to be in the middle of making something.

Jeanvoux the 3 Foot Fox

Pip the Healer
From the look of things, it seems that Scorch doesn't have a place to stay...

Tonik : Then come with us. There are things like what you ran into earlier, at our planet, too... but at least we got each other, you'll be alright.

The mammoth then gently pets Rai's ears.

Tonik : Indeed, son... you're good... real good. Definitely one of the best...

He looks at everyone one last time.

Tonik : Alright, kids... let's get back.
Scorch nodded, glad to have at least some place to stay rather than with the monstrosities in space....which, alone, he never really stood much of a change against.

Now he has folks to call his allies, which makes things a little easier.

"S-Sure.....I'll head with you guys....I just hope it'll be just as safe....somewhat...."

The dragon said softly, smiling faintly.

Meanwhile, Rai purred softly from the ear rub, his tail swishing slowly behind him.

"Yeah dad.....and alright! Let's head on back to Earth!"

The ferret said happily, and the rest of the brothers nodded their approval. Dynasty took one last look back where he had seen the planet, and where Endless Maw had once been, smiling faintly.

"I'll never forget the sacrifice you made....one day.....when we meet again....I'll hug you for sure...."

Dynasty whispered, smiling and nodding as he faced Tonik once more.

"Right, we can go now!"

Thicchimera

Tonik rests his gigantic kanabo on his shoulders... that thing alone is like a pillar to support one corner of a house !
And it seems to be his new signature weapon too, along with his tool hammer.
It'd take nearly forever to travel back to the Milky Way, even if they were to fly through space at their fastest... and even if they could travel at light speed, Rai, Rue and Nightfall may be in danger due to not having any protective equipment, so far only shielded by Tonik's dark matter and dark energy so they can breathe in outer space and not crushed by the vacuum.
So, he does something else... something that his sons seem to like, when the team was at the infested mansion in the swamp.
He kicks into the thin air... and a wormhole bursts open in front of them, almost like he just kicks into reality itself to break it open.

Tonik : After you, kids. This should take us right back to the earth... but we'd be far away from the town. Gotta help our new family Scorch, Paradox and Static get themselves familiar with the atmosphere and environment first.

Last edited:

The-Courier

Shipmaster
As the human and his robot dog head down into town, they pass by a small workshop. They see an aged female boar next to the forge, cleaning her forehead. She quite a long tail, almost like that of a lion. She also has some kind of lion-like mane too.
She looks at the two, but mostly at the robot dog, and even then only for a short while, before getting back to her work. She seems to be in the middle of making something.
"That seems like a lady who might need things," the human pointed out to his canine companion, hurriedly moving over to the woman in front of the workshop.
He stepped up to her, and put the cigar in his mouth, the human resting his hands on his armored hips.

"Hey, miss. We're new in town and we're lookin' for work. I don't suppose you've got any... problems that need fixing?" he introduced himself, motioning to his robotic dog.
"This here's Eddie. My name's Andrew. We fix problems, mostly of the people variety but a town like this is bound to have creature problems."

Thicchimera

For the briefest moments, a new sun flashed to life in the void, then died. For the period of its existence, fractions of a second as it was, a shape raced through the aperture of warped spacetime.

The AI aboard waited for the sensors to recalibrate themselves after the blinding jump, however it noticed something amiss even before they came online and started catching incoming photons and analyzing them, the gravimetric frequency of their own wormhole was off.

It got it's answer milliseconds later when its passive sensors finished calibrating and switched online. However that answer only made the AI confused.

The Light Patrol Cruiser RDF Illiath had not arrived at their planned destination, they were lost.

Before the biological crew even knew that something was wrong, the ship engaged stealth and began scanning the area with passive sensors.
The readings from the AI show that some stars are missing, gone, or in places where they shouldn't. And from the looks of it, it seems there was an unusual force behind their new positions...
And then there are other strange readings that the AI picks up, which look like an absolute mess, with dark matter, dark energy and gravity pull from black holes coming together, giving out inconsistent results.
... But then, the reading seems to go into a halt, and later, slowly but gradually going up...
The gravity pull is felt stronger and stronger... the amount of dark energy and dark matter, more and more.
... And the outside starts to darken, slowly. Even with the stars and the light throughout the cosmos, the entire scenery starts to darken as if it's going in night-time. However, the looming darkness seems to come from one side of the ship.
And then... something else is shown on screen.
They look like wailing tentacles the size of towers... and the "thing" is DEFINITELY not friendly.

"That seems like a lady who might need things," the human pointed out to his canine companion, hurriedly moving over to the woman in front of the workshop.
He stepped up to her, and put the cigar in his mouth, the human resting his hands on his armored hips.

"Hey, miss. We're new in town and we're lookin' for work. I don't suppose you've got any... problems that need fixing?" he introduced himself, motioning to his robotic dog.
"This here's Eddie. My name's Andrew. We fix problems, mostly of the people variety but a town like this is bound to have creature problems."
The boar pauses her work and looks back up at the two. It seems she's just doing the usual stuff of a blacksmith, making weapons.
From the look of the metal piece on the anvil, it seems to be an axe head.
She massages her neck a bit, after having to look down for so long.

??? : Name is Eviscerena, but you can just call me Evis for short... And, "miss" ? My, do I look younger than I actually am ?

She chuckles a bit, her voice sounding like she's in her 70s or something.

Evis : Anyway, nice to see you. Cute dog too. And as for problems that need fixing... let's see... we could definitely use some help reinforcing what little houses we have left. Not against bandits or raiders or thieves though, because this place is the last you'll see any other "person" at all.

Last edited:

Toasty9399

Above Earth
For a nanosecond, the AI was completely frozen, staring in shock and disbelief. Subconsciously it instructed the sensors to run a self diagnostic. All came back functional. It ran another sel-
A submind screamed at it to do something. It was delaying, taking too long to react. This wasn’t normal, nothing was normal, how did it sneak so close-

Simultaneously it began working multiple tasks despite instructions from the main mind. A dumb, less burdened-with-thought lower consciousness took the initiative. It instructed the flight computer to calculate a new jump, somewhere away from the unknown entity. Even by now, the crew weren’t aware of anything. To them only two seconds had passed since they jumped in. Through the bridge cameras, it could see the face of the captain just now starting to blink in surprise as the main mind took back control and initiated a combat alert, causing the lights throughout the ship to darken while dark orange and red hues filled the bridge. The flight computer pinged it was ready, that it only had enough power to perform a short jump. The AI cursed the submind in control of the calculations, fully aware it wouldn’t understand nor care. It vibrated the coils and space in front of the ship began to warp dramatically, creating a hole that pulled the ship through in an instant.
The ship jumped.

The captain blinked. She sat in the command seat to the side of the bridge watching the holographic imager flash with warnings. Immediately she received a message that the AI had engaged Combat Status 1 through her neural implant, they were in extreme danger. She sent a message via implant back to the Illiath while she read the tactical display.
“Ship, report.”
“Captain R’asi”
The AI began quickly. “I have detected something.”
The Maxohlx paused, orange dagger-like eyes examining the pictures now popping up. She blinked again.
“What am I looking at.” She looked again at the image. It changed to a different view. It was… something. A ship?
“Unknown. We jumped 5 lightseconds away from the entity.”
“Entity?”
“It is unknown if it’s a ship. I… Do not know what it is, sensors detected distinct biochemical signatures. I believe.”
The view switched to one of its massive tentacles. “It is alive.”
The captain was silent for a moment, switching to a different collection of data with a thought. She reread how near the entity got to them.
“How did it get so close, and where is it now?”
The moment she asked that, Sub-Captain Ja’vat came rushing in. His grey fur was damp like he just came from the shower. He looked at her with worry. She stared back at him as he took his post, he no doubt was having a conversation with the ship as well, and the fact he let his emotion of worry show was a gigantic red flag.
“The entity is in it’s last known location and unmoving. How it got within 1000 lengths is unknown. I have more information I must report.”
R’asi glared with a flash of irritation at the AI’s words. The AI should’ve told this when she first ordered.
“Space around the ship is not what it should be.”
“Did you program your jump wr-”
“No.”
It interrupted her, she held back a snarl. “I did not. Judging from the distance of known stars, I did not fail to program a jump. We are 23876 Lightyears away from our planned destination. That is beyond what our-”
“I know what our damn jump drives are capable of.” She snapped, aloud. The others gave her quick glances but returned to their duties. Despite their best efforts to hide it, she could tell they were all worried. She scolded herself. Still… everything happening right now... Was unbelievable.
“Go on.”
“I know where we are. I can tell by looking at local stars and their unique-”
“I’m not a child AI, tell me what’s important.”
“There is an unusually large concentration of dark energy, dark matter and singularities scattered across the local void. Some stars are off their recorded tracks by lightyears, but-”

It paused. R’asi blinked as new images were being sent by the AI directly to her optic nerve. It was a diagram of the stars around them, and something else. She gawked.
“Some stars are missing.”

“Captain R’asi,” Sub-Captain Ja’vat spoke as the Maxohlx in question entered the private briefing quarters. His fur was now dry after minutes of being out of his bath. “Do you believe any of this?”
“I checked myself.” She spat. “It’s real.”
He looked away from her.
“We’re going to do something about that… thing.” She spoke.
He looked back at her.
“Whatever it is, what- it is, it interfered with a ship of the Maxohlx Hegemony. The Illiath claims it did something to our wormhole and landed us here, and just for that, whatever species, unknown to us as it is, it needs to submit to us and answer to what it did, or die.”
“Ma'am, you want to talk to it?”
“Yes. It might know why... everything, why the stars aren’t right.”
He nodded slowly, still unsure. “Yes, I see.... How do you want us to go about it?”
R’asi spoke. They discussed. The AI listened in and offered advice when it could.

Minutes later, a small shape from the Illiath was spat out from a magnetic launch tube, encased in its own stealth field. It rocketed away unseen until it was far enough from the ship that it couldn't be traced back. Then the sensor probe turned on, it’s active sensors pinging off high energy photons in a tight cone directed at the entity. It opened up with a message, a simple message in every language known to the Maxohlx.
Surrender.

Last edited:

Thicchimera

Minutes later, a small from the Illiath was shape spat out from a magnetic launch tube, encased in its own stealth field. It rocketed away unseen until it was far enough from the ship that it couldn't be traced back. Then the sensor probe turned on, it’s active sensors pinging off high energy photons in a tight cone directed at the entity. It opened up with a message, a simple message in every language known to the Maxohlx.
Surrender.
... And seconds later, there is an impact. A pretty heave one. If the AI sees what just happened... one of the tentacles literally smashed and smacked the device away (either completely destroying it, or at least severely damaging it to the point it's barely functional anymore). But the mere size of the tentacle (which seems to be like the Eiffel tower, but possibly at least 18,000,000 km) also glanced at the ship too.
And there seem to be at least a few thousands of such tentacles.
It feels as if something extremely sharp just scratched the surface of the ship... and judging from the sound, the "glancing hit", even though not full-on direct impact, is still pretty bad.
Worse, still... it seems that the thing has detected the ship, or at least the vague location of it.

The-Courier

Shipmaster
The readings from the AI show that some stars are missing, gone, or in places where they shouldn't. And from the looks of it, it seems there was an unusual force behind their new positions...
And then there are other strange readings that the AI picks up, which look like an absolute mess, with dark matter, dark energy and gravity pull from black holes coming together, giving out inconsistent results.
... But then, the reading seems to go into a halt, and later, slowly but gradually going up...
The gravity pull is felt stronger and stronger... the amount of dark energy and dark matter, more and more.
... And the outside starts to darken, slowly. Even with the stars and the light throughout the cosmos, the entire scenery starts to darken as if it's going in night-time. However, the looming darkness seems to come from one side of the ship.
And then... something else is shown on screen.
They look like wailing tentacles the size of towers... and the "thing" is DEFINITELY not friendly.

The boar pauses her work and looks back up at the two. It seems she's just doing the usual stuff of a blacksmith, making weapons.
From the look of the metal piece on the anvil, it seems to be an axe head.
She massages her neck a bit, after having to look down for so long.

??? : Name is Eviscerena, but you can just call me Evis for short... And, "miss" ? My, do I look younger than I actually am ?

She chuckles a bit, her voice sounding like she's in her 70s or something.

Evis : Anyway, nice to see you. Cute dog too. And as for problems that need fixing... let's see... we could definitely use some help reinforcing what little houses we have left. Not against bandits or raiders or thieves though, because this place is the last you'll see any other "person" at all.
"Reinforcing the buildings, huh? Not exactly my forte but I know how to reinforce a position or two," Andrew replied with a small, off-to-the-side hand wave.
It was easy money, probably. Andrew liked money, so he'll take what he could get - if not, payout was most likely something practical. A new gun was be real nice, especially since his current weapon is getting on in age.

"We don't exactly have the parts to spare, though. I'm a little light on just about everything. I understand you must be busy, so if you've got the necessary materials we could get out of your hair for a while."

Eddie glanced up at the man, who reciprocated the gaze. They shared a silent understanding, and Andrew affixed his focus back on Eviscerena.

Jeanvoux the 3 Foot Fox

Pip the Healer
Rai had actually been pondering how long it would take to get back home, since they were dead in space after all. If he did the mental math and calculated how long that took......we'll just say it ended up being a really long time. He thought of what it would be like to move at blinding speed.....then realized, they might not survive such an experience. He was snapped out of his thoughts however, when he watches Tonik literally kick a hole into....reality?

Thanos could never.

The ferret wagged his tail eagerly, nodding a little as he peeked through the hole. He glanced back at Paradox and Monosuki, checking their collars. He tilted his head in sheer confusion at the alien tech, having no clue what it meant. Paradox smiled though, glad to see that the ferret worried for their safety.

"Don't worry, I can assure you that our collars are set to adjust to that of Earth's. At least, I'll configure the settings once we do get there."

Paradox said reassuringly to the ferret, who nodded and let go.

"Right then..."

Scorch and Static smiled, yet Static bowed a little from this.

"I thank you for that.....most appreciated."

"Same here!"

The two said, hopping through the portal. The rest of everyone does, except for Dynasty, who stared at the portal uncertainly.

"Is.....that safe?..."

Thicchimera

"Reinforcing the buildings, huh? Not exactly my forte but I know how to reinforce a position or two," Andrew replied with a small, off-to-the-side hand wave.
It was easy money, probably. Andrew liked money, so he'll take what he could get - if not, payout was most likely something practical. A new gun was be real nice, especially since his current weapon is getting on in age.

"We don't exactly have the parts to spare, though. I'm a little light on just about everything. I understand you must be busy, so if you've got the necessary materials we could get out of your hair for a while."

Eddie glanced up at the man, who reciprocated the gaze. They shared a silent understanding, and Andrew affixed his focus back on Eviscerena.
Eviscerena rests the hammer by the head on the anvil, and rests her hand on the end of it, as she rubs her chin for a while.

Evis : ... Damn, forgot about that... we're short on materials to begin with too... alright alright how about this... uuuh... dammit, I'm not the one to ask about this either...

She mumbles a bit at the end while scratching her head, trying to think of something.

Evis : Alright I got this. Might suit you better. You said you're good at dealing with... creature problems, right ?... Question. You ran into those "things" on the way here yet ? Those monsters that look like they come from the depths of hell and far worse than that ?

Thicchimera

Rai had actually been pondering how long it would take to get back home, since they were dead in space after all. If he did the mental math and calculated how long that took......we'll just say it ended up being a really long time. He thought of what it would be like to move at blinding speed.....then realized, they might not survive such an experience. He was snapped out of his thoughts however, when he watches Tonik literally kick a hole into....reality?

Thanos could never.

The ferret wagged his tail eagerly, nodding a little as he peeked through the hole. He glanced back at Paradox and Monosuki, checking their collars. He tilted his head in sheer confusion at the alien tech, having no clue what it meant. Paradox smiled though, glad to see that the ferret worried for their safety.

"Don't worry, I can assure you that our collars are set to adjust to that of Earth's. At least, I'll configure the settings once we do get there."

Paradox said reassuringly to the ferret, who nodded and let go.

"Right then..."

Scorch and Static smiled, yet Static bowed a little from this.

"I thank you for that.....most appreciated."

"Same here!"

The two said, hopping through the portal. The rest of everyone does, except for Dynasty, who stared at the portal uncertainly.

"Is.....that safe?..."
Tonik looks at everyone to be sure no-one is left behind...
Everyone, except Endless Maw.
He looks back at where the tree once was, where the planet-sized monstrosity was, and holds the kanabo upside down with its head pointing downward, as he keeps it close to his chest with one hand. He seems to be saluting the tree, in memory and honor of it.

Tonik : I'll see you soon, my grandson.

After his goodbye, there is a very faint cluster of nebula clouds, mostly black, passing by.
Like a small blow of the wind, associated with the spirit of the deceased...
Endless Maw will be remembered...
And with that, he turns back to the family, looking at Dynasty.

Tonik : You came through it once, remember ? Back when me and your father Static fought, and all of you were sent back to the town. So yes, I can confirm that it's safe.

Who on earth would be so confident in confirming that a wormhole literally opened with a kick, is "safe" ?
But Tonik is.
And to prove it, he walks through the portal first, to the other side... then pokes the kanabo back through, as it shows on the side of the cosmos in everyone's view too.
Zeika giggles.

Zeika : Yep, it's all safe alright. OK kids, time to go home.

The-Courier

Shipmaster
Eviscerena rests the hammer by the head on the anvil, and rests her hand on the end of it, as she rubs her chin for a while.

Evis : ... Damn, forgot about that... we're short on materials to begin with too... alright alright how about this... uuuh... dammit, I'm not the one to ask about this either...

She mumbles a bit at the end while scratching her head, trying to think of something.

Evis : Alright I got this. Might suit you better. You said you're good at dealing with... creature problems, right ?... Question. You ran into those "things" on the way here yet ? Those monsters that look like they come from the depths of hell and far worse than that ?
Andrew and his canine companion shared yet another look, before settling his gaze back on her. He pursed his lips at the question.
"Those things? Yeah, I met one. Killed it, too; cost me a lot of good people and a damn fine ship," he replied, folding his arms over his armored breastplate.

"You want us to kill another?"
Hopefully this time it'll be smaller... hopefully. The only thing the man actually had that could've done damage was a particle beam weapon... attached to the front of his ship, that's currently dead in the water in a bunch of pieces. It was a miracle he even survived.
Looking back down at Eddie, Andrew sighed.

"Well, I'm gonna need a very big gun."

Jeanvoux the 3 Foot Fox

Pip the Healer
Tonik looks at everyone to be sure no-one is left behind...
Everyone, except Endless Maw.
He looks back at where the tree once was, where the planet-sized monstrosity was, and holds the kanabo upside down with its head pointing downward, as he keeps it close to his chest with one hand. He seems to be saluting the tree, in memory and honor of it.

Tonik : I'll see you soon, my grandson.

After his goodbye, there is a very faint cluster of nebula clouds, mostly black, passing by.
Like a small blow of the wind, associated with the spirit of the deceased...
Endless Maw will be remembered...
And with that, he turns back to the family, looking at Dynasty.

Tonik : You came through it once, remember ? Back when me and your father Static fought, and all of you were sent back to the town. So yes, I can confirm that it's safe.

Who on earth would be so confident in confirming that a wormhole literally opened with a kick, is "safe" ?
But Tonik is.
And to prove it, he walks through the portal first, to the other side... then pokes the kanabo back through, as it shows on the side of the cosmos in everyone's view too.
Zeika giggles.

Zeika : Yep, it's all safe alright. OK kids, time to go home.
Dynasty watched Tonik in slight confusion, watching as he went through it, then poked his weapon through as to show it was safe.

Apparently it had slipped his mind that he went through one earlier, but oh well.

"Alrighty dad, I'm convinced...."

Dynasty said happily, floating through the portal. As soon as he made it to the other side, he looked himself over briefly, patting himself down.

Curiously, he swished his tail around a little, making sure he still had a tail to swish around. Once he was everything was intat, he nodded, beaming brightly as he shifted back to his neko form to be more fitting with Earth's customs and whatnot.

"Alrighty, all set!"

The Cosmic Being said happily, and Rai smiled a little. He checked over his brothers, making sure they were all set. They were, which was a relief to him.

Quickly, Paradox set Monosuki's collar to adjust to that of Earth's atmosphere, and set his own to such setting as well. Once all was set, he finally relaxed, smiling happily.

"Phew.....that was a close one...."

Thicchimera

Andrew and his canine companion shared yet another look, before settling his gaze back on her. He pursed his lips at the question.
"Those things? Yeah, I met one. Killed it, too; cost me a lot of good people and a damn fine ship," he replied, folding his arms over his armored breastplate.

"You want us to kill another?"
Hopefully this time it'll be smaller... hopefully. The only thing the man actually had that could've done damage was a particle beam weapon... attached to the front of his ship, that's currently dead in the water in a bunch of pieces. It was a miracle he even survived.
Looking back down at Eddie, Andrew sighed.

"Well, I'm gonna need a very big gun."
Eviscerena raises her eyebrows. An entire ship ?
Sounds like the thing Andrew ran into the likes of monstrosities that rival the biggest ancient sea monster of the depths...
Her experience so far only got her with some little buggers that can be killed with normal weapons. Nevertheless, from the looks of things, it seems Andrew isn't very well-armed either.

Evis : I got some AK47 and M4A1 here, in terms of guns. They're enough to get the job done. But if you need "a very big gun", I think we'll need to wait for-

Dynasty watched Tonik in slight confusion, watching as he went through it, then poked his weapon through as to show it was safe.

Apparently it had slipped his mind that he went through one earlier, but oh well.

"Alrighty dad, I'm convinced...."

Dynasty said happily, floating through the portal. As soon as he made it to the other side, he looked himself over briefly, patting himself down.

Curiously, he swished his tail around a little, making sure he still had a tail to swish around. Once he was everything was intat, he nodded, beaming brightly as he shifted back to his neko form to be more fitting with Earth's customs and whatnot.

"Alrighty, all set!"

The Cosmic Being said happily, and Rai smiled a little. He checked over his brothers, making sure they were all set. They were, which was a relief to him.

Quickly, Paradox set Monosuki's collar to adjust to that of Earth's atmosphere, and set his own to such setting as well. Once all was set, he finally relaxed, smiling happily.

"Phew.....that was a close one...."
Eviscerena pauses midway when she sees a wormhole or something from not too far away... or at least a glimpse of it at the corner of her eyes (also in Andrew's view too). She looks at the direction, then back at Andrew and chuckles, while gesturing towards that direction.

Evis : ... Aye, he's back.

She explains a bit.

Evis : He's a blaksmith like me, so the three of us together should be able to make what you need. You'll see. He's quite the one in his own right.

Meanwhile, the family is somewhere near the swamp they cleared out yesterday. Tonik looks at the place, while petting on the three sons' tail with his tails, and gently rubbing on Zeika's fur coat and Galaxy's forehead.

Tonik : Heh, memories. We were here just yesterday, but damn that was a wild ride.

Galaxy : Indeed dad, and I'm so glad we were back together.

Zeika : Same here, sweetie...

The dragon father and the wolf wag their tail happily.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
... And seconds later, there is an impact. A pretty heave one. If the AI sees what just happened... one of the tentacles literally smashed and smacked the device away (either completely destroying it, or at least severely damaging it to the point it's barely functional anymore). But the mere size of the tentacle (which seems to be like the Eiffel tower, but possibly at least 18,000,000 km) also glanced at the ship too.
And there seem to be at least a few thousands of such tentacles.
It feels as if something extremely sharp just scratched the surface of the ship... and judging from the sound, the "glancing hit", even though not full-on direct impact, is still pretty bad.
Worse, still... it seems that the thing has detected the ship, or at least the vague location of it.
The seat automatically tightened around R’asi before she felt the impact. She was lurched forward then to the side as a deafening screech filled the ship. There were shouts on the bridge as officers struggled to hold on.
Her mind was racing with questions. She remembered watching the live feed from the probe and then something unbelievable happened. One of the massive tentacles suddenly lurched out and raced directly at the probe, going at near lightspeed. To accelerate something with that mass to such velocity required technology that was unknown to the Maxohlx. She barely had time to register the movement even with her genetically engineered reflexes as it grazed the ship.
AI: “Minor damage to outer plating.” The AI reported. She wanted to scream at it. “Had to perform evasive maneuvers, we were in the direct path between it and the probe. We would be dead if it hit us directly.” It spoke monotone. She looked ahead and began thinking, she had to focus.
R'asi: “Long range jump?”
AI “The capacitor will be ready for such a jump in 14 minutes.

The information was already available to her on the tactical display, she was asking as she thought. They’d be able to perform a shorter range jump in 56 seconds. Illiath spoke.
AI: “I’m currently reviewing long range sensor scans. We have been deceived.”
On the imager she could see the massive… no physically impossible, tentacle swiping at the remains of the probe. Then the video feed switched to the main body.
AI: “It’s true form was revealed when it attacked.”
Her mind did a short circuit.
A sensor officer messaged her.
Officer: “I’m registering a mass equivalent to a moon.”

Thicchimera

The seat automatically tightened around R’asi before she felt the impact. She was lurched forward then to the side as a deafening screech filled the ship. There were shouts on the bridge as officers struggled to hold on.
Her mind was racing with questions. She remembered watching the live feed from the probe and then something unbelievable happened. One of the massive tentacles suddenly lurched out and raced directly at the probe, going at near lightspeed. To accelerate something with that mass to such velocity required technology that was unknown to the Maxohlx. She barely had time to register the movement even with her genetically engineered reflexes as it grazed the ship.
AI: “Minor damage to outer plating.” The AI reported. She wanted to scream at it. “Had to perform evasive maneuvers, we were in the direct path between it and the probe. We would be dead if it hit us directly.” It spoke monotone. She looked ahead and began thinking, she had to focus.
R'asi: “Long range jump?”
AI “The capacitor will be ready for such a jump in 14 minutes.

The information was already available to her on the tactical display, she was asking as she thought. They’d be able to perform a shorter range jump in 56 seconds. Illiath spoke.
AI: “I’m currently reviewing long range sensor scans. We have been deceived.”
On the imager she could see the massive… no physically impossible, tentacle swiping at the remains of the probe. Then the video feed switched to the main body.
AI: “It’s true form was revealed when it attacked.”
Her mind did a short circuit.
A sensor officer messaged her.
Officer: “I’m registering a mass equivalent to a moon.”
And so the monstrosity has shown itself... a moon-sized abomination with thousands of massive tentacles stretching outward, like a virus but overgrown to literally planet size. The tentacles are full of spikes and thorns along the length, each spike roughly 300,000km long.
Its mass seems to be all of dark matter, and cloaked in dark energy that obstructs its form. But, beneath the dark energy cloak, on the surface of the main body... are something else. Something far worse.
Millions of circular, leech-like mouths... with eyeballs inside them. Easily enough to give people with trypophobia a heart attack.
And the thing looks provoked. Pretty pissed, even.
It is slashing and whipping its tentacles at the empty space, violently and aggressively... but thankfully, blindly. It still has not detected the ship yet due to the stealth, but it's been aroused and it won't stop.

The-Courier

Shipmaster
Eviscerena raises her eyebrows. An entire ship ?
Sounds like the thing Andrew ran into the likes of monstrosities that rival the biggest ancient sea monster of the depths...
Her experience so far only got her with some little buggers that can be killed with normal weapons. Nevertheless, from the looks of things, it seems Andrew isn't very well-armed either.

Evis : I got some AK47 and M4A1 here, in terms of guns. They're enough to get the job done. But if you need "a very big gun", I think we'll need to wait for-

Eviscerena pauses midway when she sees a wormhole or something from not too far away... or at least a glimpse of it at the corner of her eyes (also in Andrew's view too). She looks at the direction, then back at Andrew and chuckles, while gesturing towards that direction.

Evis : ... Aye, he's back.

She explains a bit.

Evis : He's a blaksmith like me, so the three of us together should be able to make what you need. You'll see. He's quite the one in his own right.

Meanwhile, the family is somewhere near the swamp they cleared out yesterday. Tonik looks at the place, while petting on the three sons' tail with his tails, and gently rubbing on Zeika's fur coat and Galaxy's forehead.

Tonik : Heh, memories. We were here just yesterday, but damn that was a wild ride.

Galaxy : Indeed dad, and I'm so glad we were back together.

Zeika : Same here, sweetie...

The dragon father and the wolf wag their tail happily.
"Terran - I'm sorry - Earthen weapons'all you got, huh? Well, it's not ideal, but it'll have to do," Andrew replied with a soft sigh, placing both of his hands on his hips. He stuck the cigar in his mouth, produced a lighter, and lit it, before dropping the lighter back into the pouch and buttoning it.
Judging by that slip-up of dialect for Earth, he was definitely not from around here.

As the portal opened and they stepped out, the man pursed his lips.
"Well I'll be; if they're as good as you say they are, looks like our luck's finally turning around."
A quick glance at the exposed man's armor revealed that his only weapon looked to be some sort of weathered energy pistol, the lights on the side glowing a dim yellow, likely indicative of charge.
It certainly had seen better days, with obvious bits of rust and corrosion beginning to set in on the receiver.

Just one bad incident after a-fucking-nother. Ever since he got to this planet it's just been a veritable train ride of shitty situations and poor luck.
Maybe he'll catch a break.
Maybe.

Ah, who was he kidding? For men like him, breaks don't exist.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
"Terran - I'm sorry - Earthen weapons'all you got, huh? Well, it's not ideal, but it'll have to do," Andrew replied with a soft sigh, placing both of his hands on his hips. He stuck the cigar in his mouth, produced a lighter, and lit it, before dropping the lighter back into the pouch and buttoning it.
Judging by that slip-up of dialect for Earth, he was definitely not from around here.
(Just wait till you meet us lol, we have weapons)