• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

[RP] The Last of Us Among the Cosmos

Many Weapons Guy

Living in denial about my bad arts
The way the dragon and hyena turn to look (or just glance) at Tonik, even with their face still obstructed beneath the hood, makes it clear just how much respect they can show in the face of the creator of their gods.
Less than zero.

Dragon Zealot : I see that our message has arrived. Forgive us for such primitive method, it was the only way to get your attention. But, I cannot tell if you do actually understand it ?...

Tonik : I'm more about what the hell are you doing here.

Dragon Zealot : You have survived the first test of the gods, and are still standing... now, the second. Who will you submit yourself to, and pledge your service to, in the face of revelation ?

Tonik rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

Tonik :

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Yuka blinked a little as his dad and the zealots spoke, sitting down on the bed as he watched them, hoping deep in his heart that things didn't get messy. Really in all subjective manners, the neko avoided combat if peaceful resolution was maybe the chance of an outcome.

Judging from how tense things looked, he could tell that a fight may break out soon. The words of the zealots were beginning to worry him a little, but Tonik's response made him smile a little. Brushing his silver hair out of his face, the boy waited, wondering what would happen next.

As he waited, he kept the blade close to him, still safe in it's sheath, thankfully not having to add another soul to it's collection....yet...

Many Weapons Guy

The disappointment from the zealot and the fanatic can be felt just from how they remain there, completely still, after Tonik's response. Then the hyena looks down a bit, not pleased at all.

Hyena Fanatic : Then you are not worth saving. Not needed in our new world.

But, rather than breaking out a fight as one may expect... they slowly let their arms hang loose.

Dragon Zealot : Do not let our presence bother your feeble and fragile mind, then. The gods will deliver the final judgement upon your pitiful existence... we are simply here to deliver the message.

But Tonik won't have it, and aims his gun at them.

Tonik : And I'm here to deliver a piece of my mind about you using my son for that bullshit of yours.

However, the cultists remain perfectly calm, not at all bothered from the barrels just about 2 feet away from them.

Dragon Zealot : You are free to kill us if you so wish. It will not change anything, but perhaps to ease this primitive urge to kill of yours ?... Our places and fates have already been decided by the great old ones, in life and in death. Your actions are, at best, only minor inconvenience, but they matter none compared, you are still insignificant insects.

Galaxy bares her fangs and growls.

Galaxy : He is the creator of your freaking "gods".

Fanatic Hyena : But unfit to be the ruler. Now, having to wear mortal flesh and use the mortal's powers to carry on this pitiful vengeance... pathetic.

Tonik grips on the gun tighter, ready to pull the trigger. Either these cultists are trying to get on his nerves and provoke him, or they're just flat out jerks with their way of talking, they sure piss him off... but then he closes his eyes, and puts the gun away.

Tonik : You're right about one thing... I am pretty pathetic, myself. Wanna know why ? Because I'm a pacifist. A healer. Not a killer. I live to look after my loved ones, from a distance. When there is bloodshed from fuckers like you, I come in to take it all, so the others can walk out alive. Wanna know why the world is like this ?... Because before, they didn't have me.

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Yuka watched the commotion from the window, his hands clasped together as they spoke. When he saw his dad go for the gun, and aim it right at the duo, he knew things were literally going to get real messy.

Slowly, Yuka looked away, waiting for the resounding gunshot to decide the fate of the zealots. Instead, his ear flicked around, and opening one eye cautiously, the neko looked outside, seeing as the carnage.....didn't happen? He watched and listened as Tonik spoke, glad that he stuck with his pacifist nature. It was a relief, so to speak, but he still wasn't sure if he could go outside yet....

Quietly, and patiently, he waited, watching the group interact. He was just glad his dad, the loving and tanky healer, didn't really kill anyone. Instead, he used his words to vent out his rage and frustration, rather than kill and shed blood. Letting out a sigh of relief, he sat there, glad no battle ensued. Instead, it was peace.....or, rather tense silence. With bated breath, the boy watched on, wondering what would happen next....

Many Weapons Guy

Tonik : But make no mistakes... you use my son to send another message in, and I won't be so merciful. Now get the fuck outta my sight.

No more responses are needed.
And no-one dies today. Yet.
The cultists follow the dragon's gesture with her paw, and silently leave the town.
The team wait until those cultists are out of sight, then Jason clicks his tongue.

Jason : So, how long do we have until those sons of bitches show up for round 2 of world war ?

Zeika : I remember something like... midnight.

Jason : Alright, time to get to work then. Let's see... about 4 PM at the moment... 8 hours left. We need some defense set up for the town. Any ideas ?

Tonik : Me and my daughter Galaxy will be in space, to hold off against whatever monstrosities coming at the earth. I also invited 11 other "friends" to come along to help.

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Yuka watched, relieved, as they finally left, glad to see no bloodshed was the outcome. Happy with his dad's choice, he peeked his head outside, smiling a little.

"I-Is it safe to come out pawpaw?.....," Yuka asked softly, wagging his tail a little as he watched the figures of the zealots and the cultists fade off. He gave a thumbs up to Tonik, smiling happily at the outcome.

"Phew, so glad that didn't end well....a-also, was I wrong for being nice to them?...," the neko asked, a look of question and worry in his eyes as he looked at his family, tilting his head a little.

Many Weapons Guy

Tonik glances over to Yuka, raising his eyebrows.

Tonik : Nice ? To them ? How ?... What did I miss ?

Zeika : Uh... let's just say, he didn't think they were the bad guys, and was pretty friendly towards them. Like, genuinely friendly.

Tonik nods a bit, and gently pets on the neko's ears.

Tonik : It's alright kid. But uh, we're gonna need you to be less friendly when the attack begins, alright ?

He looks over to the team as a whole : Zeika, Galaxy, Yuka, Jason, Eviscerena, and Mina.

Tonik : Alright so, as I said, me and Galaxy will join the other 11 outside the earth, to hold off those monsters. As for the minions down here... I have a feeling those cultists will show up as well. The main problem would be their sheer number, against... 5 of you.

He thinks for a bit, then looks outside.

Tonik : ... I think I just remember something. Galaxy and Yuka, with me. Zeika, stay here and watch out until we get back.

Jason : Where you going ?

Tonik : It's a long story, sir, but I just wanna be sure first. I'll explain later, promise.

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Yuka smiled and the rubbed the back of his head nervously, wagging his tail slightly. "Yeah, I wasn't really sure to begin with. They didn't seem violent in any way, more live Jehovah witnesses coming to spread a message. So naturally, I had to be friendly..," the neko said, smiling and giving a light purr as Tonik rubbed his ears.

"Understood pawpaw! I won't be so nice in round two then!," the neko chirped happily, running back inside of the inn to retrieve his blade. Once he did, he came back, tucking one sword on his back, the other at his side. He nodded as Tonik arranged his small plan, organizing people to come with him as he had remembered something.

'I dunno what you may have remembered pawpaw, but I'm on board with it! One hundred and fifty percent!," Yuka said, getting ready to head out on Tonik's word. He was eager to fight, yet nervous at the same time. That feeling of a thousand butterflies that well up within someone is bound to make someone nervous before any fight.

Still, Yuka steeled himself for the fights that were to come. With his blades at his side, and his family to aid and fight off the terrors, he was confident in their ability.

Many Weapons Guy

... A bit later, at the swamp that the team concluded a series of battles in literally 2 thirds of a day...
... Through the paths that were cleared out, where the fights took place at their worst...
... Into the the mansion, where insects held their dominion and their mutation were living nightmares...
... And finally, into the tunnel where they witnessed the horrors in the form of trees and insects...
... But, at the end of the tunnel, a sight for sore eyes.
A tiny sprout, where Endless Maw once was, in the middle of the large area of completely empty ground.
The "leaves" being that same white stone that are signature of the Star-Born, and the "barks" being the dark matter of the Void-Spawn.
Galaxy can't hide her joy to see it, and quickly kneels down as she gently cups her paws above the sprout.

Galaxy : Endless Maw ! That you !?

However, no response. The sprout only slowly sways from side to side.
The lion-wolf is a bit bummed, but still gently pats on the ground near it.

Galaxy : ... Can we take it back to town ? Maybe it's safer there than all the way here.

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Yuka took into mind the series of fights that they had done, and what had been lost, and also, what they could've gained.

Yet, nothing still seemed to be quite right yet. Maybe once they end the nightmare that reality had turned into, it won't be so bad, given if they beat them.

The neko had his personal doubts when it came to fighting monster abroad, especially when the abroad is from the depths of the universe, scraped from the nightmarish depths of one's mind.

However, his short lived crisis came to an end as Galaxy had been in such a sudden rush of ebullience. It caught Yuka off guard, so much that he swiveled a little, hand resting on the handle of the blade. However, he relaxed when it happened to be a small sprout....

The name mentioned definitely rose his hopes, but slight momentary disgruntling was soon placed into effect from the remote silence of the plant, or sprout. Silent, the youth remained hopeful that it was their ally whom had sacrificed himself for the greater good...

Toasty9399

Above Earth
Then, in front of the crew, the 6-armed monkey-like beast "leaps" across the cosmos in such an inhumanly terrifying motion, to the moon-sized monster... and used its arms to literally rip the moon-sized monster apart, like shredding a mere sheet of paper.
In just a matter of seconds, the entire beast was in pieces... eyeballs, tentacles, mouths and teeth, everywhere. What might have been a shriek of pain and fear from it, which could have escaped to the cosmos, is abruptly cut off as it gets ripped and torn to the core.
And when the murderous act is done, the monkey monster does a "playful" motion with its arms, waving at the now non-existent moon-sized monster like one may say "eh, this guy is lame, ain't no fun at all"... accompanied by what can only be described as demonic laughters from the deepest depths of hell. Then it leaps back to the formation with the other 10 monsters and resume their way towards earth.
Eventually, the earth is in view from a distance far away... but the 11 monsters seem to simply "patrol" around, like some kind of guards.
Whatever they're doing... it's pretty clear by now that there is nearly no way to get to the earth without being detected.
At this point R’sai was beyond feeling numb. Since they first jumped she’d seen things beyond explanation that caused her to feel fear, dread, panic, to numb; then they’d encountered something else unbelievable and the process would repeat again. She blinked slowly as she stared at the imager, watching something else yet again break the laws of physics like it was nothing, this time as an entity causally ripped apart one of the ‘lovecraftian’ entities like a drunk adolescent opening a gift. She felt envious of the crew who couldn’t see outside the ship.
After watching the entities begin their… ‘patrol,’ their images blurring and stretching as they moved faster than light, an addition to a growing list of impossibilities, she sent an order; her mouth moving with silent words as she sent the exact message with her neural implants.
Moments after sending, her second in command pinged her with a private message; she could see Sub-Captain Ja’vat glance at her from his seat next to her.
Ja’vat: “A relay satellite.”
Through a neural feed she watched a small shape drift away, the black featureless cylinder launched from a magnetized rail like a missile.
R’sai: “Yes.”
The object engaged its own stealth field and disappeared, it’s own engines powering on, moving thousands of kilometers away from the ship.
Ja’vat: “To talk.”
Her ear flicked with irritation at the message.
He looked at her again.
Ja’vat: “Captain, please indulge me. Why are we doing this.”
R’sai: “We need information. Lets see if they’ll give it.”

He looked at her with puzzlement.
R’sai: “We are months away from the closest relay. We don’t know what we’re up against and clearly they’re of human origin. If they’re still like the way we know them, they wouldn’t dare attack first… Nor would we.”
Ja’vat: “It just killed one of the monsters.”
R’sai: “Exactly.”

He blinked at her, and slowly his face lit with understanding. He looked back at his station.
The ship waited, motionless. Hairthin sensor antenni poked through the field that bent light around the ship and watched. As soon as the satellite reached a preprogrammed distance, it sent a message directed at all the mystical figures: a message in only one language, English.
“Uɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ Eɴᴛɪᴛɪᴇs, Iᴅᴇɴᴛɪғʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ.”

Many Weapons Guy

Yuka took into mind the series of fights that they had done, and what had been lost, and also, what they could've gained.

Yet, nothing still seemed to be quite right yet. Maybe once they end the nightmare that reality had turned into, it won't be so bad, given if they beat them.

The neko had his personal doubts when it came to fighting monster abroad, especially when the abroad is from the depths of the universe, scraped from the nightmarish depths of one's mind.

However, his short lived crisis came to an end as Galaxy had been in such a sudden rush of ebullience. It caught Yuka off guard, so much that he swiveled a little, hand resting on the handle of the blade. However, he relaxed when it happened to be a small sprout....

The name mentioned definitely rose his hopes, but slight momentary disgruntling was soon placed into effect from the remote silence of the plant, or sprout. Silent, the youth remained hopeful that it was their ally whom had sacrificed himself for the greater good...
Tonik : ... I feel like the town already has enough of... people like us. Me, you two, and your father Zeika. I dunno... just feeling kind of conflicted at this. I don't think they want another abomination among their already broken homes...

The mammoth thinks for a while, not sure what to do. If they leave the sprout here, it has little to no chance of surviving the incoming onslaught. If they take the sprout back to town, they may have to deal with the townspeople's intolerance. Then he looks back at the two.

Tonik : ... Alright, change of plan. When the attack starts, I'll be here to guard it. Galaxy is still gonna be outside the earth with the other 11. Yuka will still hold off the town with the others.

Galaxy : You sure about that, dad ? We don't even know how many of them are... we're going against not just the entire world, but from outer space too.

Tonik : I'm certain of this, sweetie. Now let's go back and see how everyone is doing.

At this point R’sai was beyond feeling numb. Since they first jumped she’d seen things beyond explanation that caused her to feel fear, dread, panic, to numb; then they’d encountered something else unbelievable and the process would repeat again. She blinked slowly as she stared at the imager, watching something else yet again break the laws of physics like it was nothing, this time as an entity causally ripped apart one of the ‘lovecraftian’ entities like a drunk adolescent opening a gift. She felt envious of the crew who couldn’t see outside the ship.
After watching the entities begin their… ‘patrol,’ their images blurring and stretching as they moved faster than light, an addition to a growing list of impossibilities, she sent an order; her mouth moving with silent words as she sent the exact message with her neural implants.
Moments after sending, her second in command pinged her with a private message; she could see Sub-Captain Ja’vat glance at her from his seat next to her.
Ja’vat: “A relay satellite.”
Through a neural feed she watched a small shape drift away, the black featureless cylinder launched from a magnetized rail like a missile.
R’sai: “Yes.”
The object engaged its own stealth field and disappeared, it’s own engines powering on, moving thousands of kilometers away from the ship.
Ja’vat: “To talk.”
Her ear flicked with irritation at the message.
He looked at her again.
Ja’vat: “Captain, please indulge me. Why are we doing this.”
R’sai: “We need information. Lets see if they’ll give it.”

He looked at her with puzzlement.
R’sai: “We are months away from the closest relay. We don’t know what we’re up against and clearly they’re of human origin. If they’re still like the way we know them, they wouldn’t dare attack first… Nor would we.”
Ja’vat: “It just killed one of the monsters.”
R’sai: “Exactly.”

He blinked at her, and slowly his face lit with understanding. He looked back at his station.
The ship waited, motionless. Hairthin sensor antenni poked through the field that bent light around the ship and watched. As soon as the satellite reached a preprogrammed distance, it sent a message directed at all the mystical figures: a message in only one language, English.
“Uɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ Eɴᴛɪᴛɪᴇs, Iᴅᴇɴᴛɪғʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ.”
  • Aries : A ram-mouse hybrid with its front legs having paws, and its back legs having hooves. Its tail looks to be about 1 light-second long (roughly the distance from the Earth to the Moon). Its ears look like that of a ram, but its "muzzle" like a mouse. There is a vertical-position mouth on its forehead.
  • Taurus : A bull with 2 heads and 6 legs, the hooves having "claws". Its entire body is littered with curved, horn-like spikes everywhere, even inside its mouth and along its tail.
  • Gemini : Two tiger-like monsters, each with 4 eyes, an extra one on their forehead, and another one on their chest. However, all eyes look "blind", with barely visible pupil and very pale iris.
  • Cancer : A monster with cat-like anatomy but crab-like claws for hands and at the tip of tail. Its mouth splits at the bottom jaw like an insect mandible.
  • Virgo : A cobra naga with terrifyingly long fangs and claws, and vertical mouths all the way from its chest and back, all the way to the end of its tail.
  • Libra : A freakishly crooked-head horse-like monstrosity with an extra pair of deformed but disturbingly human-like hands on the back.
  • Scorpio : A goat with twisted, demonic horns, split-jaw mandible mouth, and a large scorpion tail. It also has 2 pairs of scorpion claws on its back.
  • Sagittarius : A 6-arm demonic monkey that wears a myriad of white-stone masks around its head, torso and waist. The mask that faces forward is always completely obscured by a layer of white nebula clouds and aurora waves.
  • Capricorn : A phoenix-like monster but with a large fish tail, goat-like horns, and hooves instead of talons. There're also several claws on the hooves. Its wings leave trails of nebula clouds and aurora waves behind as it flies.
  • Aquarius : A dog-like beast with a missing front leg, a broken water vase made of white stones "fused" onto its back, and with a trident at the tip of its tail.
  • Pisces : Two fish-like monsters with raptor anatomy, boar-like snouts and tusks, and fins somewhat looking like pig ears. They have overgrown arms with massive claws, their legs have hooves, and the fins on their tail are in both vertical and horizontal positions.
The message from the satellite is seen by only a few of the 11 monstrosities, while the others are on the other sides around earth. Specifically, Aries and Taurus.
While it's clear they do understand english (shown by their arrival and presence after the command earlier)... it doesn't seem they actually know how to speak it.
In front of the crew's eyes (or at least anyone watching), Aries and Taurus turn their head to look at each other, for a while, then back at where the satellite. Taurus' response sounds like a mix of a bull roaring, an elephant triumphing, a beast growling, and stones screeching together (due to the spikes inside its mouth)... an ear-bleeding combination of sounds, to say the least. But, there is still an actual response, though only audible with sound-filters.

Taurus : Who is speaking ?...

Last edited:

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon
Tonik : ... I feel like the town already has enough of... people like us. Me, you two, and your father Zeika. I dunno... just feeling kind of conflicted at this. I don't think they want another abomination among their already broken homes...

The mammoth thinks for a while, not sure what to do. If they leave the sprout here, it has little to no chance of surviving the incoming onslaught. If they take the sprout back to town, they may have to deal with the townspeople's intolerance. Then he looks back at the two.

Tonik : ... Alright, change of plan. When the attack starts, I'll be here to guard it. Galaxy is still gonna be outside the earth with the other 11. Yuka will still hold off the town with the others.

Galaxy : You sure about that, dad ? We don't even know how many of them are... we're going against not just the entire world, but from outer space too.

Tonik : I'm certain of this, sweetie. Now let's go back and see how everyone is doing.

The message from the satellite is seen by only a few of the 11 monstrosities, while the others are on the other sides around earth. Specifically, Aries and Taurus.
While it's clear they do understand english (shown by their arrival and presence after the command earlier)... it doesn't seem they actually know how to speak it.
In front of the crew's eyes (or at least anyone watching), Aries and Taurus turn their head to look at each other, for a while, then back at where the satellite. Taurus' response sounds like a mix of a bull roaring, an elephant triumphing, and stones screeching together (due to the spikes inside its mouth)... an ear-bleeding combination of sounds, to say the least.
The translated response is shown up like when the AI picked up that message...

Taurus : Who is speaking ?
The neko seemed satisfied with the plan, though his expression showed some worry. He had no doubt in his father's plans, but he was still slightly unsure about this whole thing. Yet again, disaster was about to strike hard, and he had no choice but to get ready for the oncoming onslaught of war that was dawning upon them.

"Alright.....that sounds good...but will you be safe pawpaw?.....will you be able to guard this sprout, and yourself....at the same time?...," Yuka asked nervously, tilting his head a little as he looked at the mammoth minotaur. He showed some unrest in his look, and his nervous wringing of his hands were a clear sign.

In actuality, he just worried for his family, wishing that fighting was the absolute last resort. But judging from how things were looking, war was going to have to be the voice of reason in this fight, no matter how much he wanted to go against it.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
In front of the crew's eyes (or at least anyone watching), Aries and Taurus turn their head to look at each other, for a while, then back at where the satellite. Taurus' response sounds like a mix of a bull roaring, an elephant triumphing, a beast growling, and stones screeching together (due to the spikes inside its mouth)... an ear-bleeding combination of sounds, to say the least. But, there is still an actual response, though only audible with sound-filters.

Taurus : Who is speaking ?...

The relay was so far away from the Illiath now that there was a small time lag between it relaying Taurus' message back to the ship and the satellite receiving a response from the captain.
"You can call me R'sai. I am the leader of my people."

Many Weapons Guy

The relay was so far away from the Illiath now that there was a small time lag between it relaying Taurus' message back to the ship and the satellite receiving a response from the captain.
"You can call me R'sai. I am the leader of my people."
The bull monster doesn't move from its spot, but both its heads are looking at the message from the satellite.
Aries stays from afar observing it, but also looks away into the distance, as if to look out for something.
Gemini, the twin tiger-like abominations, doesn't seem to bother, though.
Another "session" of those gargled, gibberish sounds that make no sense unless filtered... and even then, the response from the abomination is as monotone as it is emotionless.
At least, compared to the monkey earlier, that is.

Taurus : ... What... do... you want ?...

Many Weapons Guy

The bull now turns both its heads at the others around the earth, as if to check on something. Then it looks back at the earth.
Finally, it turns its attention back to the satellite.

Taurus : Summoned... positioned here... to defend. An attack... incoming. Permission for entrance... not ours to decide. Perhaps... a word... with our creator ?

Toasty9399

Above Earth
The bull now turns both its heads at the others around the earth, as if to check on something. Then it looks back at the earth.
Finally, it turns its attention back to the satellite.

Taurus : Summoned... positioned here... to defend. An attack... incoming. Permission for entrance... not ours to decide. Perhaps... a word... with our creator ?
The delay was longer now, much longer than anything caused by timelag.
"Creator? ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ? Danger? Eɴᴇᴍʏ?"

A hesitant pause.

"Yes.
Tᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ"

Many Weapons Guy

The neko seemed satisfied with the plan, though his expression showed some worry. He had no doubt in his father's plans, but he was still slightly unsure about this whole thing. Yet again, disaster was about to strike hard, and he had no choice but to get ready for the oncoming onslaught of war that was dawning upon them.

"Alright.....that sounds good...but will you be safe pawpaw?.....will you be able to guard this sprout, and yourself....at the same time?...," Yuka asked nervously, tilting his head a little as he looked at the mammoth minotaur. He showed some unrest in his look, and his nervous wringing of his hands were a clear sign.

In actuality, he just worried for his family, wishing that fighting was the absolute last resort. But judging from how things were looking, war was going to have to be the voice of reason in this fight, no matter how much he wanted to go against it.
The mammoth-minotaur gently pets on the neko's ears and tail, then playfully ruffles his hair up a bit.

Tonik : Heh, I'll be fine, kid. Don't worry about me. Now let's go back.

Back at town, they rejoin with the others...

Jason : So where did you go ?

Tonik : Eh... long story... but, it goes like this.

He tells the minotaur of how the team cleared out the swamp, the mansion, and met Endless Maw, as well as what happened to it during the fight against the moon-sized monstrosity.

Jason : I see... hate to say it, but you're right about not bringing it back to town. I appreciate all the help we can get, that much is true, but I'd prefer it from a distance, y'know what I'm gettin' at ?

Tonik : I understand. So what do we do now ?

Jason : Let's see... we seriously need to reinforce the walls of the town, cuz they're crumbling apart bits by bits. Gotta barricade the houses too. As for actual defense... setting up things like turrets or watchtowers would take forever, we don't have that kind of time. Might need your powers to work on that instead. I dunno, summon a load of tentacles or something outside the town to keep the invaders off, I guess.

The green-fur angel dragon proudly places his right fist on his chest, where his heart is.

Zeika : You can count on me for that.

The mouse-bat necromancer only nods, but the look on her face is that of determination and bravery, in the face of imminent danger.

Jason : Alright, y'all do that. Me and Evis gonna get some landmines or something to help in with the defense-

The delay was longer now, much longer than anything caused by timelag.
"Creator? ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ? Danger? Eɴᴇᴍʏ?"

A hesitant pause.

"Yes.
Tᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ"
Suddenly, an otherworldly "voice" cuts in, from above. To Jason, Eviscerena and Mina, it sounds like a mix of roaring, growling and gargling sounds from a creature with its throat being blocked... but to Tonik, Galaxy, Zeika and Piru, it comes perfectly clear :

"Creator... needed... here."

Tonik looks upward with his eyebrows raised.

Tonik : What in the world...

They all have the same puzzled look on their face too. However, Tonik knows where it comes from, and who says it... he looks at the rest.

Tonik : Guess the 11 up there need me for something. Uh, you folks carry on, I'll go take a quick look.

... Later, in the outer-space, at where Taurus is...
The space starts to shift into what looks like a pitch-black portal, a wormhole. From there, a creature emerges... compared to the monstrosity named Taurus, it's unbelievably small. However, there is something very "wrong" about it.
The sheer amount of cosmic energy radiating from the creature... the dark matter, dark energy, gravity, aurora, nebula, halo light, all of it... is through the roof. Far worse than the moon-sized monstrosity's black hole at point-blank range earlier.
Then, the crew hear that "human dialect" once again... similar to the command they heard, to summon those 11 monsters.
Though, this time not as loud, echo-y or bellowing-like as from Taurus.

Tonik : Someone wants to see me ?

Toasty9399

Above Earth
The mammoth-minotaur gently pets on the neko's ears and tail, then playfully ruffles his hair up a bit.

He tells the minotaur of how the team cleared out the swamp, the mansion, and met Endless Maw, as well as what happened to it during the fight against the moon-sized monstrosity.

Jason : I see... hate to say it, but you're right about not bringing it back to town. I appreciate all the help we can get, that much is true, but I'd prefer it from a distance, y'know what I'm gettin' at ?

Jason : Let's see... we seriously need to reinforce the walls of the town, cuz they're crumbling apart bits by bits. Gotta barricade the houses too. As for actual defense... setting up things like turrets or watchtowers would take forever, we don't have that kind of time. Might need your powers to work on that instead. I dunno, summon a load of tentacles or something outside the town to keep the invaders off, I guess.

The green-fur angel dragon proudly places his right fist on his chest, where his heart is.

The mouse-bat necromancer only nods, but the look on her face is that of determination and bravery, in the face of imminent danger.

Jason : Alright, y'all do that. Me and Evis gonna get some landmines or something to help in with the defense-

Suddenly, an otherworldly "voice" cuts in, from above. To Jason, Eviscerena and Mina, it sounds like a mix of roaring, growling and gargling sounds from a creature with its throat being blocked... but to Tonik, Galaxy, Zeika and Piru, it comes perfectly clear :

They all have the same puzzled look on their face too. However, Tonik knows where it comes from, and who says it... he looks at the rest.

Tonik : Guess the 11 up there need me for something. Uh, you folks carry on, I'll go take a quick look.

The space starts to shift into what looks like a pitch-black portal, a wormhole. From there, a creature emerges... compared to the monstrosity named Taurus, it's unbelievably small. However, there is something very "wrong" about it.
The sheer amount of cosmic energy radiating from the creature... the dark matter, dark energy, gravity, aurora, nebula, halo light, all of it... is through the roof. Far worse than the moon-sized monstrosity's black hole at point-blank range earlier.
Then, the crew hear that "human dialect" once again... similar to the command they heard, to summon those 11 monsters.

Silence filled the bridge as the.... creature stepped through. A subroutine had to shake the AI out of it's own stupor so it could refocus on managing the ship's systems.
"What."
Around her local messages began to blast. R'asi burred her face in her hands and took a deep breath.
"Do humans normally look like that? I don't think so, I think."
"Can we just shoot it?"
"No"
"How is it breathing, it's in vacuum."
"You're asking about that? Not the wormhole?"
"If this keeps up I'm going to fucking snap."

With a claw, she gestured for silence. It wasn't necessary when Ja’vat scolded the network. With silence, she could finally think.
R'asi: "Suggestions?"
A sub-officer looked at her nervously. Her implants popped up relevant information but she already knew who they were.
R'asi: "Yes Viath?"
He froze under her gaze, but composed himself enough to send a message.
Viath: "Clearly it isn't human. Maybe start with that."
She gave a curt nod and looked away, allowing Vaith to relax as he returned to his duty.
The ship sent a reply.

"Yes. We are the ones who
ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ
presence.
We wish to speak. We have questions,
ʏᴏᴜ have answers.
You speak a human language, but you are not human. Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, 'ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ.'"

Last edited:

Sgt. Piru

Spyro the Dragon

Yuka smiled a little, wagging his tail from the playful hair ruffle as he looked up at his dad, nodding happily.

"Understood pawpaw! Alright, I just hope we can win this thing....but I have my confidence in everyone!," Yuka chirped, wagging his tail as they made their way back to the town. Once they did, the neko sat and watched as Tonik summarized the whole thing for Jason.

Once he was done, his ears perked as his dad mentioned the defenses, and how they will set them. he was glad that his other father, Zeika, had a role for the defense, and he was glad to see that.

If his assistance would be needed at any time, he would gratefully assist, since he wanted as many people saved as possible. It was what the kid had wanted for so long...peace....

Peace that they would soon get once they win this, and cleanse the world of the abominations that infest it. With a confident smile, the neko stood up, alert and ready.

Many Weapons Guy

Silence filled the bridge as the.... creature stepped through. A subroutine had to shake the AI out of it's own stupor so it could refocus on managing the ship's systems.
"What."
Around her local messages began to blast. R'asi burred her face in her hands and took a deep breath.
"Do humans normally look like that? I don't think so, I think."
"Can we just shoot it?"
"No"
"How is it breathing, it's in vacuum."
"You're asking about that? Not the wormhole?"
"If this keeps up I'm going to fucking snap."

With a claw, she gestured for silence. It wasn't necessary when Ja’vat scolded the network. With silence, she could finally think.
R'asi: "Suggestions?"
A sub-officer looked at her nervously. Her implants popped up relevant information but she already knew who they were.
R'asi: "Yes Viath?"
He froze under her gaze, but composed himself enough to send a message.
Viath: "Clearly it isn't human. Maybe start with that."
She gave a curt nod and looked away, allowing Vaith to relax as he returned to his duty.
The ship sent a reply.

"Yes. We are the ones who
ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ
presence.
We wish to speak. We have questions,
ʏᴏᴜ have answers.
You speak a human language, but you are not human. Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, 'ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ.'"
While this creature known as the "creator" is like a speck of dust compared to the earth-sized bull, in full view it's just as... messed-up.

One thing for sure, it's clearly not human.
Not even like the usual "animal" species either.
Judging from its ears, tusks and trunk, it appears to be a mammoth... but its horns and hooves suggest a minotaur as well.
But that's about all there is that appears "normal", compared to the rest of dark matter and stones everywhere on its body. Its "wings" look to be made of stones as well, yet despite seeming rock-solid in one piece, something about them still feel "organic".
In its right "hand", a sword with a straight, thin, glowing blade.

Tonik : Before I give my answers, I would like to know who I'm talking to first.

Many Weapons Guy

Yuka smiled a little, wagging his tail from the playful hair ruffle as he looked up at his dad, nodding happily.

"Understood pawpaw! Alright, I just hope we can win this thing....but I have my confidence in everyone!," Yuka chirped, wagging his tail as they made their way back to the town. Once they did, the neko sat and watched as Tonik summarized the whole thing for Jason.

Once he was done, his ears perked as his dad mentioned the defenses, and how they will set them. he was glad that his other father, Zeika, had a role for the defense, and he was glad to see that.

If his assistance would be needed at any time, he would gratefully assist, since he wanted as many people saved as possible. It was what the kid had wanted for so long...peace....

Peace that they would soon get once they win this, and cleanse the world of the abominations that infest it. With a confident smile, the neko stood up, alert and ready.
Jason, Eviscerena and Mina, however... have no idea what just happened. More importantly, what's with that complete gibberish of a message.

Jason : So... what on earth did we just hear earlier ? I swear, it sounded like a cow, the size of the earth, literally bellowing on my head, and not in a good way.

Galaxy : It said "creator needed here"... so my guess is that the 11 beings that my dad summoned earlier, called for him. You'd kinda just, understand the way we speak, even unconsciously, if you're like one of us, sir.

Jason : I'd raise my eyebrows a lot more if these... eldritch cosmic horror things, can speak english like normal. By the way, that term is a mouthful, you have anything shorter ?

The wolf-lion simply shrugs, while slightly shaking her head.

Jason : Oh well, it's OK kid. Anyway, back to the task at hand. We need defense for the town, and there'd be Zeika, Mina and Piru here to do that when the attack begins. As for now, I think I'm heading out to scavenge anything still usable, to make landmines. There's still... 7 hours left. I'll be right back.

Then with a friendly smile, the minotaur takes his leave, his shotgun in hand, to look out for scraps.

Evis : I think we'll set up traps around the town too, just in case. You kids wanna help me dig up some trenches ? Gonna fill 'em up with metal spikes, and all of 'em are enchanted with fire like my pole axe.