• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Russia moves to enact anti-gay law nationwide

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Shit like this makes me want to punsh people...
Those people aren't leaders. They are enemies and we NEED to get rid of them.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Coming right after banning adoptions by Americans, Russia is on a roll.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
'We' who? It's not your problem, it's our problem. We'll fix it once social attitudes support gays, until then we'll have to make do. Besides, Putin can't live forever.

Last time I checked we are all humans. Idiotic leaders ARE our problem.
Also, if this really is your problem then you are doing a terrible job at fixing it.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Shit like this makes me want to punsh people...
Those people aren't leaders. They are enemies and we NEED to get rid of them.

First you'll have to get France and Italy to bend over for you again, then re-anschluss Austria, then take back Poland.
Then you fight wave upon wave of angry drunk Russians who have nukes this time around :V

Tigercougar

Not only is this anti human rights, it's such an utter non-issue compared to the economic problems that have persisted in that country since it converted to capitalism. Whoever introduced this law is trying to whip up anti-gay sentiment to distract the populace from their poverty and lack of democratic free will.

ZerX

not a furry
Russia was downgraded from a hybrid regime to an authoritarian regime, which the report attributes to concerns over the December 4 legislative election and Vladimir Putin's decision to run again in the 2012 presidential election.Russia was downgraded from a hybrid regime to an authoritarian regime, which the report attributes to concerns over the December 4 legislative election and Vladimir Putin's decision to run again in the 2012 presidential election.
Russia is doing so great that its now considered a dictatorship.Now they are in the same club as Cuba, China, North Korea, Iran....

Last edited:

Bliss

Our poverty rating is 11-13.1 compared to America's 15.1; so that doesn't seem likely. :/
Russian average monthly wage is about 750 USD (poverty line 220 $), compared to American average monthly wage of 3.250 USD (poverty line at 950 $). :U

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
Ukraine every so often has a Russophile government that bends over backwards for Russia. They currently have a notable; one that has taken to Putin-style elections and throwing liberal, progressive and pro-Western candidates into jail.

The reason for that is if Ukraine ever steps out of line, Russia shuts off their natural gas and oil pipelines, starving them out.

Bliss

The reason for that is if Ukraine ever steps out of line, Russia shuts off their natural gas and oil pipelines, starving them out.
Another reason is the substantial Russian minorities (20 per cent of Ukrainians, for example) left over by the Soviet regime in its buffer states.

The Kremlin loves to ride them as their political cockhorse, like issuing them Russian passports regardless of prohibiting dual citizenship, only to threaten and pressure sovereign nations under the disguise of 'protecting its own citizens'.

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
Feels like the world's pedalin' backwards.
Right-wing extremism really is on the rise around the globe, isn't it?

Not long before they dismantled the last few hundred years of civilization and we're back to being ruled by an elite of ethnically "pure", patriarchal aristocrats.

DJ-Fragon

Good God, reading more about this story made me think of the people who yell, "Won't somebody think of the children!?"

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
Look on the bright side, gay culture is incredibly annoying for people who aren't gay, making it illegal to shove it in people's faces is bound to make life easier for millions.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
I bet murica would legalise gay marraige themselves now.

But because of east/west dick-measuring, mostly.
Well DOMA and Prop 8 are heading to the supreme court.
Right-wing extremism really is on the rise around the globe, isn't it?

Not long before they dismantled the last few hundred years of civilization and we're back to being ruled by an elite of ethnically "pure", patriarchal aristocrats.
Yeah, what's up with the rest of the world? It's like the eastern side of the globe snorted down some 100% pure right-wing extremism boner and got a hateboner.

Last edited: