• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Salutations! From Fawkesgirl

Salutations fellow furries!

I'm brand new, and just recently came out to my partner as a furry. I'm just looking to talk to people mostly, and I'm still trying to get comfortable with this website! If anyone can help me out, that would be great!

I love pottery, artwork, painting, sketching, psychology and meeting others!

I mostly joined the forums to know I'm not alone in this strange world I find myself belonging to. There's a lot I want to say that are against the introduction rules, which is why I'm looking for friends. I found FurAffinity through a basic Google search about furry lifestyle and furry forums.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
YOU
DON'T
NEED
TO
COME
OUT
IT
IS
NOT
A
SEXUALITY

(please imagine me smashing my face into my desk with every line of stars - thank you)

Lillyth

I think what he means is, why do you say it as "come out"? As he states it's not a sexuality. Being a furry isn't something that is seen as wrong that anyone should feel ashamed of. You know it's a social group; you got your Goths, your "Hipsters", your Furries etc :)

I guess it's the only way I really know how to explain it. When I told my partner I was a furry, she was really shocked and it took a lot of explaining. It felt the same as when I came out as a lesbian, and it IS something everyone seems to be ashamed of. When I talked about it with my other gay friends (they wanted to know why I was favourting all of this anthro art) they were extremely angry with me. They see it as sick and wrong, and I've read so many rape jokes about furries when I was researching it online.

Lillyth

It would appear you have been researching in the wrong places. They are also unaware of what the Furry fandom is, perhaps you should look in the right places and from that educate your partner and friends.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Look, I'm sorry, but this is a hobby. It's something to do in my spare time. It's not something that should define a person. It's also not a form of sexuality. Most hobbies shouldn't be.

And by saying that it's coming out is sort of offensive. It's saying it's something that should be hidden and so on. You don't have to hide it. You just don't have to tell people. Why would you come out to people about liking Airfix models?

Look, I'm sorry, but this is a hobby. It's something to do in my spare time. It's not something that should define a person. It's also not a form of sexuality. Most hobbies shouldn't be.

And by saying that it's coming out is sort of offensive. It's saying it's something that should be hidden and so on. You don't have to hide it. You just don't have to tell people. Why would you come out to people about liking Airfix models?

I understand that most people don't see it as a sexual orientation, and a lot of people just see it either as a fandom thing or as a really kinky sex thing. But I know I'm not the only one who does see it as a species orientation, and now I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong place. I apologize for any inconvinience, but encourage you to at least know that other people take this very seriously, not just as a hobby. Art, poetry, short stories and sculptures are a hobby to me, but being a vixen is part of who I am.

I'll be leaving now.

Pine

smell-good badger
Sorry if I'm too late to welcome you to the forums, but welcome to the forums. Kind of ease on the "coming out as a furry" thing, it's pretty rage-inducing around this neck of the woods.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
I understand that most people don't see it as a sexual orientation, and a lot of people just see it either as a fandom thing or as a really kinky sex thing. But I know I'm not the only one who does see it as a species orientation, and now I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong place. I apologize for any inconvinience, but encourage you to at least know that other people take this very seriously, not just as a hobby. Art, poetry, short stories and sculptures are a hobby to me, but being a vixen is part of who I am.

I'll be leaving now.

But you're not a vixen, you are a person. It's like saying there's absolutely nothing about you that is worth mentioning, so you'll define yourself by a hobby to the degree where it is pretty much all you are.

Excuse me if that doesn't sound kind of sad.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
YOU
DON'T
NEED
TO
COME
OUT
IT
IS
NOT
A
SEXUALITY

(please imagine me smashing my face into my desk with every line of stars - thank you)
<<Shatner voice>>>
THIS...SO....MANY...TIMES....OVER!

That's exactly like telling someone who is transgender "But you're not transgender, you are a female bodied person."

It kind of defeats the purpose. Just because I'm a human bodied person, doesn't mean I feel like one.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
That's exactly like telling someone who is transgender "But you're not transgender, you are a female bodied person."

It kind of defeats the purpose. Just because I'm a human bodied person, doesn't mean I feel like one.

Seriously? Read that back to yourself. You just compared pretending to be a foxperson to having gender identification issues. here's a hint. Transgenders are real and are people who have real issues. Foxpeople are really not real, and to classify them the same as a transgender is sort of wrong. By doing that you're saying that transgender is all in their heads and a complete delusion.

Really?

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Right, look, multiposting here.

You've made a mess of this intro, you're heading off in the wrong direction and needlessly insulting people with real issues. Here's an idea for you, try it for a couple of days or something.

You're in Canada. Nice place, lots of fun things to do. Turn off FurAffinity, don't do anything furry for a few days. Go out, get your bike out of the garage or hire one, and get out into the mountains, ride some trails. Or go for some walks, kayaking, climbing. Anything. Get yourself some other hobby. I'm not saying you need to cut furry out of your life, but temper it with other things you like to do. At the moment it sounds like a serious fixation. It's sort of unhealthy, so go do some other things as well as furry.

Think of it like eating a healthy diet. You can do things that are bad for you, as long as you also eat 5 bits of fruit a day and get some exercise. But if you just eat the bad stuff, you get fat and your bowels fall out.

Seriously? Read that back to yourself. You just compared pretending to be a foxperson to having gender identification issues. here's a hint. Transgenders are real and are people who have real issues. Foxpeople are really not real, and to classify them the same as a transgender is sort of wrong. By doing that you're saying that transgender is all in their heads and a complete delusion.

Really?

Don't pretend to know me. And now being trans is an issue? So is being a foxperson? And being trans doesn't mean you have an "issue" or a mental illness. More and more psychologists internationally are realizing that gender is a spectrum, not a strict one or the other thing. I'm NOT saying that it's all in their heads and it's a delusion, in fact if you were paying attention you would realize that I'm saying the EXACT OPPOSITE.

So do you piss and shit everywhere, roll around in it, and scratch stuff to shreds. You are after all a fox trapped in a human body :V

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
But I know I'm not the only one who does see it as a species orientation, and now I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong place. I apologize for any inconvinience, but encourage you to at least know that other people take this very seriously, not just as a hobby. Art, poetry, short stories and sculptures are a hobby to me, but being a vixen is part of who I am.

I'll be leaving now.

Good fucking riddance.

Aleu

Deuces
Don't pretend to know me. And now being trans is an issue? So is being a foxperson? And being trans doesn't mean you have an "issue" or a mental illness. More and more psychologists internationally are realizing that gender is a spectrum, not a strict one or the other thing. I'm NOT saying that it's all in their heads and it's a delusion, in fact if you were paying attention you would realize that I'm saying the EXACT OPPOSITE.
Smelge never said that being trans means they have issues. He's saying that's what you're implying when saying that you're a foxperson. Foxpeople are not real, therefore they whole "I feel like a foxperson" just means you're crazy.