• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Scalies or Furries?

Scalies or Furries?

• Total voters

Rhainor

Rawr.
You want warm? Most Dragons (except frost/ice dragons, of course) have an average body temperature of anywhere from 110 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.

[EDIT]
How the hell have I not voted in here yet?!

{Clicks "Scalies"}

SageHusky

I've always been a fan of furries myself, only dragons for scalies(cause Imma big soft vore fan ^^ and dragons go goood with it)

lizards and other I've just not RPed much with them I guess...snakes

Melo

Oh, **** you.
Rhainor said:
You want warm? Most Dragons (except frost/ice dragons, of course) have an average body temperature of anywhere from 110 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.

Yeah, but what if we like warm and soft?

You just can't have warm without soft. That's like having a jelly sandwich.

You're logic is downright silly. And you can't say something like dragons with soft sweatshirts. Not only would that be cheating, it'd be even more silly.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Midnight Panics said:
You just can't have warm without soft. That's like having a jelly sandwich.

Well, there's soft fur, and there's soft flesh. Personally, I like both, although I prefer a lack of hair.

Midnight Panics said:
You're logic is downright silly. And you can't say something like dragons with soft sweatshirts. Not only would that be cheating, it'd be even more silly.

Wasn't claiming Dragons were necessarily both soft and warm, just warm. If you have to have soft, and said softness has to be fur, then by all means look elsewhere.

I was just making a point that us Dragons are some of the warmest critters around.

ADF

I prefer scalies ;) furries tend to get their hairs on everything, having been in a house with five cats I know how difficult it can be to avoid being coated head to toe :p I can't imagine how annoying bad fur days and static would be to a furry :lol: I wonder what deodorants they would make to get rid of the wet fur smell?

Honestly I have nothing against the furry ones but I find a sleek scaly body coupled with a long meaty tail more appealing.

Most certainly both! :D

Crow

For me it depends on the character, the artist who drew it, and the quality of the art, I suppose. So, if I had to decide between two pieces of art and one was a very well drawn anthro wolf, and the other a...well, beginning level anthro croc or dinosaur or something, I'd like the wolf better.

In general, I am partial to feathers. With scales. =P

Icarus

No time like the present.
Ok who here has even felt scales in RL?
I have.
and they are SILKY.
so it shouldn't be a choice of scaly or fuzzy.
it should be a choice of silky or fuzzy.
=P

ADF said:
Honestly I have nothing against the furry ones but I find a sleek scaly body coupled with a long meaty tail more appealing
you forgot comforting wings and smooth underbellies.
if it was a snake, you forgot beautiful coiling
and lizards...same as dragons except wings thank you very much
=)~<
(not to mention awesome kissing and cuddling *two claws up* ;) )

ps...
if you ask me...
scalies seem to be in more "loving situations" than furries.
I mean I don't see a lot of weird stuff when there's dragons, snakes, or lizards involved...
so they fit me for that reason also (sorry but I am a lover =3 )

definately furry. I have nothing against a well drawn scaly now and then, but given the choice I will always choose furry

B

Be4tl3boi

I'm not attracted to scalies at all though I can say some are very beautiful looking, I do like furries a little but at the top of my list are the birdies..
Out of furries and scalies, I'd definatly say furries.

Xipoid

Cameras
Vasoline + Scalies = Fun

Vasoline + Furries = Messy (possibly fun if you are into that)

It's like jell-o, except not really edible.

B

Be4tl3boi

Icarus said:
aww... )o.=.o(

why does no one love teh scalies?

*sad dragon*

I thought there were a lot more scalie lovers than avians actually! o_O

rowanwand

I love furries, scalies, and avians all! I just can't decide which I like best...which is why my fursona has the ability to speak spells that let her shapeshift. She'd be lost if she couldn't!

riosaris

Hmmm...Personally I am glad there is a both choice, which makes it easier for us who are both scalie and furry, like myself. So I must pick both.

Furries for, of course, their soft warm fur and scalies for their smooth, silky scales. ^_^