• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Searching for tags with less than 3 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jannifer

Pretty specific request. Words with less than 3 characters are ignored in search results. I get that it would be a huge performance hit to index every common word in every description, but this also applies to tags as well.

There's a number of submissions that are tagged with things like "BL" or "TF" which don't show up when you search for them. The performance hit would probably be small if the restriction was lifted on tags only. I don't know if that's even a thing you can do, but I wanted to throw it out there.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
The minimum length makes some sense to me, but yea searching short terms that stand for things would be nice

Jannifer

It makes sense for most things, but there's not much point to a tag if it's not searchable. It would be better to not allow those tags at all, so users can be sure to pick tags that do work.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe this has been discussed before and is not something that they are wanting to implement at the moment due to the computing power required, but I'll bring it up again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.