• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Seeking advice from people with more experience!

So I'm kinda new to the whole art thing still. I practically started drawing in the beginning of this year, but now I'm interested in sharing my art. That's why I joined Fur Affinity!

So the thing I need advice with is this:

I created my FA account with a different name than what I usually use online, because I'm not sure I want my parents or potential employers to see my furry art or NSFW art. The problem is I just commissioned a watermark/logo from someone (my girlfriend) and I'd like to put a name on it, but I don't know what name to use in the watermark. If I use my usual internet name I could use the same watermark in my other artworks too. Has anyone had similar struggles with their thoughts before? What are your experiences or thoughts about this? I haven't really thought everything trough because I was too eager to share my drawings with someone xD

snowsketches

If it's just a regular logo, you could use your regular name and create a separate watermark for any furry content you post!

Glume

You could use your name and that would be fine, but if its not here are some suggestions:

Just the logo would be fine. The point of logos is to identify something with minimal effort, so there is no explicit need for a name.

Initials. If you use just your initials, it can be linked to you without furries being able to, say, look you up and accidentally out you to employers or family.

Company/Brand style name. "art by ___" or "___ creations" or something to that effect can be handy. A unique business style name can be memorable to potential customers if you're planning to sell.