• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hiring: Seeking an artist for a werewolf webcomic (Closed)

Description: Daemoneye Publishing is seeking to partner with a freelance artist for a long-term webcomic project set in the Lycanthrope Club universe (and possibly a second, yet to be announced webcomic). The Lycanthrope Club series chronicles the emergence of a relatively benign form of lycanthropy in the United States. Unlike many other werewolf stories there are no vampires, no ancient conspiracies or secret societies (at least not initially), no weak pseudoscientific justifications (beyond wild speculation), no mass return of magic or awakening of Gaia – just a girl who becomes a werewolf and what follows. The webcomic is intended for ages 13 and up - it will feature mature content such as profanity, violence, sexuality but will not be NSFW. We would prefer someone with a realistic style with manga influences - ideally something along the lines of Dirk Tiede or Lobo Leo's work. More information regarding the series can be found here and here.

Time Frame: The artist would work with Daemoneye Publishing on a regular basis. Their responsibilities would include drawing one standard page (6.63" x 10.24") inked/black and white comic strip per month, possibly drawing some additional illustrations around the start of the comic (e.g. character pages, graphics for the webpage) and minor script editing and writing. The artist would be expected to stay in contact with Daemoneye Publishing and keep us updated on art progress, unavailability due to sickness, vacation, family emergency, etc. We've added this condition because we've been burned by artists disappearing in the past with no warning or explanation; we would like them to be reliable and stay in communication (within reason, of course).

Budget: As compensation, the artist would receive a payment on a per comic page basis, the amount to be set at the beginning of the webcomic and dependent on the artist's skill but no more than $150.00 USD per page. They would also receive 50% of all Patreon earnings for the webcomic (to be set up when the comic starts), and, if desired, space on the Daemoneye Publishing website to host their own drawings, writings, blog, etc. Should we print and sell physical copies of the comic directly or through a print-on-demand (POD) service (or any other merchandise they contributed to), the artist would receive 50% of the profit from said sales. Payment can be through PayPal or a mailed monthly check.

Ownership of all original characters, settings, places, events and stories depicted in the webcomic(s) would remain with Daemoneye Publishing. Ownership and copyright of the art itself used in the webcomic would remain with the artist (if they desire) but the artist must grant Daemoneye Publishing full right of use of the art (i.e. the images) used in the webcomic for commercial and promotional purposes. Daemoneye Publishing will not sell or otherwise transfer the right of use of said art to any other third party without securing the agreement of the artist. A formal contract can be drafted if desired to establish the exact nature of the partnership.

Contact: If interested, please contact us via FA messaging or via email at kiojan@daemoneye.net, including a link to your portfolio or webpage and desired per page rate. We are open to negotiating the terms and conditions described above.

Thank you!

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
I am interested.

Fenrir_Setting.jpg
onkyu-ho-ter-03.jpg
TERRA_2x1.jpg

Professional portfolio and contact information can be found on Artstation.

poprocker566.artstation.com: Vinfang, Onkyu Ho

Term of service:

drive.google.com: TERMS OF SERVICE

Raidez

Hi, I was very interested in your proposal and would very much like to be able to carry out this work.
This is the link of my portfolio in the FA: Raidez FA ( value negotiable )/ Artstation: Raidez / Devianart: Raidez12
this is my page here in the forum where I ask my clients to write feedbacks.
e6N7zUG.jpg

Hey there, i am available if you're still looking for an artist. Email me at turnipheadart@gmail.com if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_201419_042.jpg
    IMG_20190708_201419_042.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20190520_053941_155.jpg
    IMG_20190520_053941_155.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190712_024641.jpg
    IMG_20190712_024641.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you for your replies! We are currently sorting through your applications and will start contacting candidates shortly; please continue to post and/or contact Daemoneye if interested.

Once we have found our artist we will post here letting everyone know the position has been filled.