• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Self care; A quick thought.

I’m sure we’ve all reached points in life where we fear we are not ‘good enough’ or something of the sorts. I’ll admit, I still struggle with these thoughts to this day. Though while in the moment, giving yourself a break may seem like the last thing you’d want to do, you should!

Take this analogy for example. Just earlier this week I had found out I’ve been heavily under-eating (about 700-800 calories under the recommended amount.) No wonder I had such poor athletic performance! I was too concerned that I was eating too much and not trying enough, It actually did more harm than help!

So to anyone else struggling with feeling you aren’t good enough, you are good enough! Giving yourself a break, rewarding yourself for accomplishments, failure, and being happy with where you are at in the moment are not bad things, but almost essential for true improvement! Whether it be art, athletics, academics, or anything in general, just keep trying!

Anyways, just a thought from me. If anyone wants to talk, feel free to pm me! I’ll try my best to help, and respond asap! :)

And i’d love to hear your thoughts! What experiences have you had?

rabbitears

tv bab
I can get pretty anxious about a lot of things in life, but you're right! Even if I'm feeling down about something doesn't mean that everything is actually awful. Even just trying at something can be a victory, whether you succeed or fail.

When things get bad for me, I like doing a at home "spa day". Long hot bath with some nice smelling bubbles, facial and hair treatments, warm tea, and some calm music. Clear up the mind and just relax. <3

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Being presentable and self-sufficient means a lot to me, and is one of a few things that has gotten me further away from the vicious cycle of depression that started in my late teens. Developing that kind of self-sufficient care before I really needed it stopped me from rotting away in my room thinking for too long, and ensuring my problems don't affect my health and the health of others helps clear my self-conscious behavior.

Because of this, laying in bed or sitting at my desk for more than an hour is no longer a chronic shame or guilt I feel.

When things get bad for me, I like doing a at home "spa day". Long hot bath with some nice smelling bubbles, facial and hair treatments, warm tea, and some calm music. Clear up the mind and just relax. <3

It's more like this.

rabbitears

tv bab
Being presentable and self-sufficient means a lot to me, and is one of a few things that has gotten me further away from the vicious cycle of depression that started in my late teens. Developing that kind of self-sufficient care before I really needed it stopped me from rotting away in my room thinking for too long, and ensuring my problems don't affect my health and the health of others helps clear my self-conscious behavior.

Because of this, laying in bed or sitting at my desk for more than an hour is no longer a chronic shame or guilt I feel.

It's more like this.
There is something to "looking the part". Being presentable, or even going so far as to dress up, can really make you feel like you have your life together, even if you really don't. lol.

Minerva_Minx

Succumbing to her own psychosis
I do a spa day with a friend to unwind. In dealing with my self-image problems and shyness, it's funny, but I gave up television. Once I started doing those things, I found I lived a lot more comfortable with myself. I hated "looking the part" - as a woman, what is that? sexy? Cleavage? Dresses or suit pants? I felt others had a large say so in my appearance and never felt good enough or right. Am i too small? too aggressive? demur? chaotic? is my hair the right style? am i fit as a woman? do i say i have a family or withhold that information? omg, what do my coworkers think? But again, I ditched tv and started doing things how and why I wanted which is when I changed. I'm still too shy and possibly way too tomboyish in person, but I don't feel as much a need to conform to the public standard and I have a better quality of friends to boot. So while being self-sufficient is amazing, if i can't live with myself, I feel wrong.