• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Seprate boards for lenghty projects?

Seprate boards for lenghty projects?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
Besides the YCH board that everyone wishes; I suggest:

A board for live stream notice.

A board for illustrations and short animations that took over 24hrs of work-time to complete.

Two other boards for even lengthier projects, like longer animations / detailed sculptures / game developments / orchestra musics, etc . [60hrs+][120hrs+]

I want to put up nice and detailed artworks, but at times I felt like it wasn't even worth the time to start / finish the more time-consuming ideas, because they will likely never get viewed.

quoting_mungo

I would be tentatively positive towards a (functionally) separate content stream for sketches. Setting an arbitrary hour count on the artistic process would not only be unenforceable, however, (how are you going to verify that a piece did or did not take someone as long as they claimed?) but also unfairly work against artists who work faster than others.

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
I would be tentatively positive towards a (functionally) separate content stream for sketches. Setting an arbitrary hour count on the artistic process would not only be unenforceable, however, (how are you going to verify that a piece did or did not take someone as long as they claimed?) but also unfairly work against artists who work faster than others.

Well, even the fastest artists alone cannot complete certain projects under 24hrs. For example, A game that required multiple artists and developers months of work-time should not sink in 5 sec.

Widen the hour gap, so it become obvious to those who abuse the system. One cannot excuse themselves, how a stick figure can take 60+hrs of actual work-time, no matter how slow they drag their pens.

There is only so many hours in a week, if someone post multiple under [60+hrs tag] within a certain timeframe, it is most likely someone who abuses the system.

Artists who work faster than others can post more art.

If it is added, the regular submission board sinks down slower too.

And this will encourage current artists to create longer / bigger projects, which will then cause the regular submission board sinks down even slower.

Last edited:

Dinocanid

I can only see this working well without an arbitrary work hour requirement.

For example, animation sub-boards can just be seperated by length (short loops, episodes, short films, films). Sculptures, game development, and live streams can just have their own boards. Illustrations can be a seperate board as well.

Everyone's not a timekeeper, so I'm sure 80% of people posting in these categories will be blind guessing anyway (defeating the purpose of time requirements)