• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

serious problem right now!

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
*is going to be a dick* Let her do it.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Hit the nail right on the head.

95% of people who tell others they are going to commit suicide are looking for that "no, don't" response.

Anyone who is truly fed up with life to the point where they want to end it, wouldn't want anyone to stop them, and thus - wouldn't tell.

I don't entirely agree with that, or at least the 'no don't' response as it pertains to seeking attention.

There are those who are at their wits end and are grasping at straws. They don't see a reason to continue on but they don't want to die. It creates a vicious circle where they spin into deeper dispair, and the last resort is to reach out and say that they can't go on. Sometimes it really IS a plea for help.

jrwenzel

↑ I'm John ↓ He's Flint
alright so ive been dating this one girl for about 2 weeks or so and last night we broke up (i just wasnt feeling it) so she texts me today and says "im going to Overdose on my mom's pills and vodka" so basically i spent all of today trying to convince her not to do it and i dont know what the fuck to do anymore im seriously shitting bricks because some girl may commit suicide because i broke up with her and she has had a super shitty life :cry: idk what to do. im open to suggestions
Sorry, this is one I can’t read through the thread for . . .
1 if you haven’t done so already, contact emergency services or the police now!
2 if you have the ability to forward the message to them do so; this will allow for probable-cause.
3 regardless of the outcome it has very little to do with you; a statement like that indicates a severe problem on the part of the one that made it.

Hanzo

I make bills for your thrills
Although you should do everything you can to try and stop her, you can't blame yourself for her choices. Killing yourself over a breakup is the very definition of overreacting.

I was emo and dramatic once, Pretty much the whole "I am gonna kill myself to get you back or make them feel sorry for me" plan always came in mind for some, but others do take it in consideration with no logic on other things they can do to solve their own problems. It's very sad how fragile some minds can be. Annoying the attitude is, still sad

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
I don't wanna try again to translate the german wisdom term, so i only will write, what it means:
Better you care to much, then to less.

I think too, it's a pretty stropng try to get attention, but maybe it's the truth...
Talk to the parents or the emergency, but better to the parents... It would make big problems when you call the police or something like that and she only ghad joked...

But...
Maybe it's better you do it, then the police or emergency get's angry at her (if she fakes)^^ This is maybe the best way to show her, it's not good to act like that!

Kajet

Yeah... Call the cops and her parents if possible, keep any and all records of her saying she's gonna kill herself you can though.

I went through something rather similar a few years ago, it's why my signature says what it does.

yeah i just dont know because i talked to her face to face and i think i convinced her to stop but she has had a really shitty life and stuff. like she was raped when she was 13 and she's had 2 abortions (she tells me this after we break up...) and so i dont know what she is going to do.

SparkOfMortality

Just checkin' in
This is what we call an abusive relationship. Textbook example: Someone breaks up with someone else and the other person threatens suicide to make the other person feel bad and try to get back together.

Get away from her as fast as you can. Take care though, there's not a very high chance she actually WILL kill herself but some people really spazz out over breakups and she might be the crazy type.

This is stuff we learned in grade 9 ethical living. I should still have the handouts somewhere.

Vesuro

~Such a Rush~
Tell her to do it on webcam so the world can lul at her emo drama.

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
yeah i just dont know because i talked to her face to face and i think i convinced her to stop but she has had a really shitty life and stuff. like she was raped when she was 13 and she's had 2 abortions (she tells me this after we break up...) and so i dont know what she is going to do.

Psh... Have her talk to me... If she thinks she's had it bad, have her TALK to me... I know what it's like to be seemingly going through crap all the time. But do you see me being all emo? No. I push it all off cause it's not worth dying for. And honestly, I could care less if everyone knows what crap I've been through and not believe it cause I know what's happened in my life and I really don't need sympathy or anything. I'm over all of what has happened in my past.

(1) My parents are in the middle of a divorce. Have been fighting ever since I was 12... Mind you, I'm 21 now. I still live with them cause I can't afford to move out yet.

(2) I was raped by someone that I was in love with. I was a stupid-ass 18yr old. Fell head over heels for a 25yr old asshole. He took advantage of my love for him and raped me. Then broke up with me the next day.

(3) A week before Christmas of last year, I was told by my (at the time) boyfriend/fiance's parents that he ran off and got married. I didn't know his family hated me so much and I had believed it.

(4) I watched my best guy friend DIE in my arms. He saved my butt from a freakin' bullet that was meant for me. And wanna know something else about it? He was looking for me so he could PROPOSE to me. I had found a letter and a ring in the pocket of the jacket he wore the night he died in my arms.

(5) I've been through child abuse when I was a kid. I was constantly beaten for every tiny thing I've done wrong. But as soon as I started finally fighting back at around 8 yrs old... It stopped and I'm thankful of that cause I did NOT want my younger brother to see how weak I was.

(6) I witnessed a friend of mine getting into a car accident when I was 13 or 14 yrs old... He was illegally drag racing and all (though I didn't care cause I loooved racing), I couldn't move from the spot when I saw it all happen. Someone had to grab me by the waist and drag my ass back home before the cops came around and put me in juvenile.

(7) I was molested by my UNCLE when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Did I get my revenge on him? I certainly did after a whole year of suffering what he put me through. There was no way my younger brother (whom he babysat as well for my parents) was gonna be put through it.

All of that is just a fraction of the crap I've endured in my life... And I'm still alive. I'm still living. And I plan to stay alive until I've accomplished what I want to do. Why? Cause I am NOT weak!! Suicide is the cheapest and most cowardly way to die. If she still wants her dignity and honor, give her a slap across the face and tell her to grow up. Yes, I've had my moments where I just wanted to kill myself and die too, but remembering all the bad things I've been put through. I tell myself that one more doesn't make that much of a difference. All the crap that we all go through is just hardships and tests for us that "God" or whoever gives us. We die, it's game over... We only have one life, there's no second life or anything. Life is a fucking game and we all have to endure it all, whether we want to or not.

Vesuro

~Such a Rush~
I can sadly say that I can identify with 1, 3, 4 and 6.

I used to be into street racing, I had souped up cars with all the mods... until I watched my best friend die in a collision with a cop car head on. It would have been hard to bring myself to race again. Hell, it's hard enough even starting my car without thinking about it.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Given what she told you (as mentioned above) then she needs to have therapy. Any one of those things is enough to traumatize people, all of them in addition to the break up would certainly be too much for most people to handle. There are womens centres and groups that should be able to help her out, and they should be listed on the phone book. She may not want to admit she needs the help, but the very fact she called you in the first place when she was suicidal does prove she wanted to be talked down - she wants help.

Warrigal

This is similiar to what my Ex has/is doing as it just a way for them to feel wanted when you respond to their threats of suicide.
Just to be safe tell her parents so they can keep an eye on her and most likey it just be her wanting you to come back.

(Can't spell and can't read all the post so sorry if this been said before and for my spelling)

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
I can sadly say that I can identify with 1, 3, 4 and 6.

I used to be into street racing, I had souped up cars with all the mods... until I watched my best friend die in a collision with a cop car head on. It would have been hard to bring myself to race again. Hell, it's hard enough even starting my car without thinking about it.

I was like 13 or 14 at the time. I had a friend who souped up cars (the one that got into the accident) and... well... xD No one knew that I was 13 or 14... They thought I was 16 (I had large breasts for a little kid. >>; ) and they let me race. They didn't care that I was out past curfew or whatever. But yea... that was how I learned how to drive. ^^; But I couldn't even walk into a car without getting scared for year or so after I saw what happened.

wolfmagik

Media Slave
Jnod.gif

nuff said. this has been in my sig for weeks.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Nope...not a good suggestion. don't give people ideas.

Fail for compassion, dude.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
It sounds like shes trying to guilt trip you into getting back together with her. If thats not the case call the cops or something and get her baker acted and put in a program they'll give her meds and prevent her from doing anything stupid. Thats the best advice I can give you hope it helps.