• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Server Hardware Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
References? Links? Also, why go away if it's no mandatory charge? You'd still be able to pay for your commissions the old-fashioned way as you're doing it now. It's just that we're thinking here of adding a few more convenient payment methods that'd even help FA get off the ground.

I'm not going to partake in a 'war' or 'debate' or whatever you want to call what you and I are about to get into, I'm really not interested in a Forum discussion about something so insignifigant. I will reply tot his though and likely leave it at that, though if you want the final word, I'll read it. ^_^

Umm, obviously asking for links and references is a waste of time in this as they are uhh, gone. : / It's been years, I moved on, I too wouldn't remember the actual names of the art sites that have gone under because, they're gone. : / Art websites isn't my life, and so I tend to forget. BUT are you suggesting that you haven't been hopping around art web sites for years and therefore have not seen any go under yet?

I was speaking strictly as though it were a mandatory charge, as from the few posts I skimmed, they suggested it was mandatory, so I responded thus.

In the end, the more pain in the butt F.A. chooses to be in an attempt to raise money from the artists, the more people will pack their bags and leave. Rather you feel whatever their reasons are for leaving are unjustified or not, doesn't matter. The people packing their bags will have their reasons, and will still be packing their bags regardless of others opinions.

The more F.A. chooses to cause artists and / or viewers problems, the more they'll lose. Now this obviously isn't a Fur Affinity specific thing to consider! This is simply how life is be it on the net or off. I find it odd that there's actually someone out there who would debate agqainst this fact but hey, I believe there are exceptions to everything. ^_^

As to explain why I have faith in the people who run Fur Affinity? Uhh, *points at how much they've raised already over this.* AND if I had the money, I'd donate a fair share from my account. I happen to like this website! It's my favorite website for art. ^_^ Aside from the community not being filled with jerks, the art ranging from great to the opposite is good. It encourages amatures to post more. ^_^

If it weren't for F.A. I probably would have never picked up my tablet and decided to actually draw, because friends I met here encourages me when I needed it. ^_^ Amongst other reasons for liking this website, even if the search engine never works. :p I don't mind! I never had a real problem finding good art, and hopping around meeting people is easier when you jump page to page instead of picture to picture in some unemotionally run search algorithm.

RaireEX08

^_^ 'Happy to say that I donated via PayPal, so all these mysteries are mysteries to me!
Amazon's own 'Our website crashed because folks were donating to another place' appeal is probably due to start soon too.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I'm not a member of the FA staff, but I have to say... How can you bitch about a free service? What, aren't you getting your money's worth?
Because we're not superheros who can mind-meld with electronics to force them to work. Or shoot lasers from our nipples.

Were I a superhero, I'd be Dr. McAwesome, whose power to prescribe can stop even the most deadly ailment. With my Justice Stethoscope I'd be able to tune in to the heartbeat of crime and keep a watchful ear out for impending doom.

But seriously, if people are complaining... it's because FA meant something to them. And it doesn't bother me to be honest, because I know that means restoring the service is just that much more imperative.

Revamp

Chopped And Screwed
I hear that. but still what the heck is the status on how much money is raised? I dont know where the heck to look. You should be ashamed Crystal...for saying Amen! ...jk lol

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I hear that. but still what the heck is the status on how much money is raised? I dont know where the heck to look. You should be ashamed Crystal...for saying Amen! ...jk lol
I've posted it several places, but we will keep attempting to raise money until Monday. At that point we'll order the servers (yes, more than one now) and make things not only more than right, but more than awesome.

Revamp

Chopped And Screwed
I've posted it several places, but we will keep attempting to raise money until Monday. At that point we'll order the servers (yes, more than one now) and make things not only more than right, but more than awesome.

That's the right way to go. Though how do you describe something that's more than awesome? lol

I have an idea. If you do have a subscription service someday, maybe a good addition to people that do pay will have a search bar haha.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
That's the right way to go. Though how do you describe something that's more than awesome? lol
Write your words down on paper, outline them with Elmer's glue... then sprinkle gold glitter on top. Shake off the paper, prepare for blinged out fontage, old school style.

THAT is more than awesome.

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
Sending a dollar, to make you holler.

Ffaux

Daedvre
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Offa the amazon site..:

Total Collected:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]US $6,831.35[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]# of Payments:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]287[/SIZE][/FONT]​

......holy...wow!
:eek:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Offa the amazon site..:

Total Collected:
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]US $6,831.35[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]# of Payments:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]287[/SIZE][/FONT]

......holy...wow!
:eek:
Let me be the first to say: Holy fucking shit!

And let me also say: WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Undying Song

My Little Gentleman
$6,831.35

Wow. Just. . .Wow.

Beautiful. *grins* And to think, my $55 isn't even in there! Because I donated through Paypal. : )

I'm excited to see how much ends up there by Monday! I'm also that much more excited to find out how much was sent through Paypal, but I already said that elsewhere.

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
Oh damn. o.o Time for champagne.

JAH2000

drunken wolf master
time for a drink indeed

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
CONGRATS!!! WAAAAAAAAAY ove rthe mark but HEY that jsut means higher quality equipment :D

i think this is a big enough event to update Wikifur and Wikipedia on these events? XD

Last edited:

redfoxnudetoons

Banned
Banned
Total Collected:
US $6,831.35

# of Payments:

Wow....

That's allot of money! That averages out to be $23.80 per donation!

Way to go!

=^.^=

MilkJunkie

Best Mouse
Wow... that's a alot of money, almost 7,000! You guys better have a ball buying us awesome server stuff with that. :p

SDWolf

Habitually Lurking Lupine
The Amazon donation page finally processed the backlogged donations.

Looks like I tossed my $50 into the hat just before it updated; it was around the $3,700 when I last looked. And now.... HOLY SHIT!! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.